Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I notched up my first 20 points with EI last week after 2 years!

KLM are gone extortionate

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

It's +12 months irrespective of when you cross the threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I emailed Aerclub about something this morning and got a holding robo-response, which is fair enough. Until I spotted this in the first paragraph 😂

"We aim to respond to you within 20 working days"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Fortunate enough to have Concierge Tier, they respond on this within 24 hours and are very helpful on our dedicated phone line so they can provide service when they want to - I have contacted them in email and phone within last month so these are current response times, not pre-covid.

I agree though that 20 working days to respond to a query is not acceptable in any business and especially when the query would likely relate to flights which are likely to be approaching.

If this is their step down in time between top and lowest tier members how long is the response to non Aer Club members!

Aer lingus just Emailed to say my Platinum is again extended until November 2023!

Fair play considering they didn't really have to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Same here... Silver status extended to October 2023.....

3 return trips taken since 2019.... and Ill still have status for another 16 months!!

Same, another year of Platinum on the back of 4 short haul flights in the last 24 months 😬

I will say it has been really handy lately when having to go to the airport earlier than normal and knowing there is a comfortable chair waiting for the inevitable delay.

I've Flown with them 4 times since Covid started. Two of Which were Avios funded and then one Amsterdam and one brussels. I think ill be using EI a lot more now seeing as KLM have gone so expensive from cork.

My last 3 trips with them were a return trip to Glasgow in May just gone, a return trip to Glasgow in January 2020, and a return trip to LHR sometime in 2019.... and that's it..... will have status til late 2023!!!

I think what helped was I was Concierge in 2018/2019, but didn't do enough flights since making Concierge to re-qualify for any status, but I took at least 1 trip while in each tier, and instead of booting me out all together, they only relegated me to Platinum, and then again down to Silver and then Covid happened and all these extensions came along...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Yeah, got the same mail telling me that I'll stay at concierge .... but, with no benefits added i.e. TATL upgrades.

So if I was soft-landed down to Platinum, I think I'd have 1 upgrade, where as staying at concierge, I have none.

So I can't figure out whether I should be happy or pissed-off with this.

• Advertisement

If your Concierge finished today, it would take another 2 years of no activity to lose status. Its pretty good in fairness. Its when they changed from GC to AC that the issues were. I only had one return flight left to get GC status a few years back and they swapped over and all of a sudden i only had 45% of points for tier status.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Not quite

Soft landing requires you meet the minimum requirements which is 4 EI flights for Plat and 2 for Sliver

Yeah I was most disappointed with the changeover from GC to AerClub. A cluster of epic proportions it was, and alienated a lot of their frequent flyers...

I was Gold Circle for about 8 years before Aer Club, always did enough to stay in the program at Gold level, even taking work trips for the sole purpose of getting the points to stay in the club. Then when AerClub came along, the points accrual period for AerClub was completely out of sync with my GC anniversary period, and I missed out and ended up in 'Green' / 'Applicant' status!!! I got back in quickly enough by booking 3 trips in Advantage fare (50 tier credits), which also gave me Fast Track (although the DAA staff were unaware of this as I spent 5 minutes the 1st time showing them the AL website that showed fast track was included in an Advantage fare....). I was royally pissed off by the whole changeover to AerClub, and I certainly was not alone.

I would also say that AerClub is/was easier to get into, and easier to climb the tiers compared to Gold Circle... I was only ever Gold in Gold Circle, but was able to quickly achieve Concierge in Aer Club (a few cheeky Plus & Advantage booked trips just before my anniversary date got me over the line).

The only use I got out of Concierge was a free business class companion fare for the OH for a long weekend trip we took to NYC in October 2019, so at least I got something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Fairly shocking in this day and age, though that does seem to be an improvement; at one point it was 30 working days.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

They have pulled the finger out in recent months in fairness. I was traveling with KLM every month from Cork at the start of the year but now KLM are so expensive and EI knocked prices and put back on the second flight. I was in Rotterdam two Weeks ago and i was flying Wednesday morning till Friday night. 585 with KLM or 201 with EI! Now im still using KLM for flying to Luxembourg but thats just because i can keep on the same airline and have the baggage go all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

I’m silver status with BA Exec Club. I’m flying to Seattle in September with AL, booked directly AL by corporate travel agent and associated with my BA Exec Club account. Under the JVT just wondering if I’m entitled to use Fast Track & the 51st & Green lounge. According to Loungebuddy app it says I have access but would like to double check?

Presume no expansion of benefits for BA FF outside of London airports when flying intra-European flights on AL?

Nope...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

we’re travelling to Faro with Aer Lingus on Monday (assuming the flight isn’t cancelled🤞).

These are the “free” flights that we got through our AerCard. We also have lounge passes and fast track/priority boarding passes. I was hoping the fact that we have priority boarding would mean that we wouldn't have to drop off our 10kg bags at check-in, but when we checked in just now, it said that the bag would need to be dropped off unless we purchased “priority boarding and carry on bag”.

We were hoping to avoid the lengthy queues for bag drop and check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

sounds Like you have to pay to bring it on so, if you are going to do it, do it soon before it sells out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You may not even be able to add the carry-on as its an reward flight - I wasn't.

• Advertisement

The website its only programmed for a limited number of scenarios

When is a carry-on bag with priority boarding included?

Some customers will have a 10kg carry-on bag with priority boarding included in their booking, please see the list below. If a 10kg bag is included, you must take this on board with you. You will not be permitted to drop this bag off at check-in.

Fare Types - All Plus, Advantage, Aer Credit Card and AerSpace fare types. (Not included in Saver fares.)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SB Morer

I’ve had 2 Aer Credit Card flights this year. The first said ‘no bag’, the second said ‘10kg cabin bag’. Both times I was able to drop a 10kg bag at the automatic bag drop no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Thanks. I’ve read the website and I’m none the wiser. I think I may need to check at the Aer Lingus service desk (if there is such a thing these days) as I may be in trouble if I choose the wrong option. Although I guess that if I go to the bag drop and key in my reservation number, it will either accept the bag or not???

Thanks. Out of interest, if it said 10kg cabin bag, why did you opt NOT to carry it on board with you.

Question.... Do you get a free flight on the Aer credit card every 3500 spend or is it a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Once per year

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SB Morer

Because I had toiletries and sun cream in it that I couldn’t bring through security. Plus I was flying from Cork where there was zero queue for bag drop

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

I have my aerclub registered to my personal address. I recently travelled with work and linked my aerclub number to the booking. When checking previus flights it only shows ones booked through my personal email. Is there a way to see if my points for the business trip were acccrued?

I have a big work trip coming up with the potential to get some good avios points so want to make sure if have it all set right.

Speaking of which say if I fly with Qatar whats the best way to make sure the avios go to the one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Aer Lingus IT is a permanent mess. The bookings section on the Aer Lingus website is based off the email address on the booking. The AerClub/Avios section is based off the AerClub number. So you should see all past flights that earned Avios in the Transactions option below your name in the top right.

For Qatar, open a Qatar Privilege account and use that number for your Qatar flight. Then you can use the Combine my Avios option on the Avios website to move your points.

I'd probably chance it tbh. I got caught out recently in Edinburgh. Checked my bag on the outward flight, got stuck waiting there for an hour for the bloody thing to appear. On the return leg I was first on the plane and brought it on with me, no issues.

Might be different on a packed tourist flight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Is the Avios site down? Having a nightmare getting my BA points moved to aerclub.

6.96kwp South facing

Advertisement