Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY HKC Internet Dialler

Options
  • 24-08-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have designed my own interface to my HKC SW8/12 panel. Details posted here previously. Basically it connects the panel outputs to an esp8266 microcontroller via optoisolators. Code in the esp8266 publishes their state via MQTT.

I am having trouble getting an actual alarm activation to notify me. Let me explain ... I have configured the panel outputs 1 to 4 via the keypad as;
    (1) Tamper POS
    (2) Light POS
    (3) Arm/Disarm POS
    (4) Alarm POS

When tested with the keypad menu 'Test panel outputs' they all work correctly and notify me as expected. If I exit the engineer menu and test them as they would be used in everyday life they all work as expected except (4) Alarm. E.g. Tamper, Light, Arm/Disarm all notify me however if I say set the Alarm as if I was leaving the house, e.g. 0#4 then wait for the countdown of 30s and then set the alarm off by walking in front of the PIR the alarm goes off (inside echo and outside siren) but I don't get any notifications. It is like the panel output for the Alarm doesn't follow the actual status. Am I missing something in the menus? I haven't tested it for long, just a few seconds as I don't want to be bothering the neighbours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Depending on your panel software version the alarm output will only activate after a verified alarm. 2 or more zones need to activate. You should be able to program the output as pre alarm to get am signal on the first activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Thanks.
    I tried setting it up as pre-alarm but that didn't work for some reason. Maybe I didn't let the alarm go off for long enough. I also tried disabling the Garda policy option regarding Pre-alarm. That didn't work either.
    What did work was setting up output 4 as "Internal bell POS". That works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Hey, you don't have a write up of this project do you? Or a guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

the word "here" in the op has a link to the projects... all the best.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement