Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

Correct, though we still cant infer what that will mean for intake dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

Hi all. Hope you're not cracking too long with the wait 🙈

Just a question

Did anyone do the stage 2 on your phones ? I done my stage one on my phone got on grand.

I'm in oom 400s so could be the next batch possibly 😏

It's just I'd definitely be quicker using the phone to write rough work.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

The wait is a bit depressing 🙈

I am hoping to be in the next group too but I definetly wouldn't be chancing it on the phone. Based off what other ppl have said it's not that difficult a stage so I would rather be slightly slower at typing on laptop than it not working on the phone

Cheers for that 👍 maybe I'm over-thinking it a little 👌

I'll tune the laptop so 😁

Goodluck with stage 2 👍🤞🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

@deanrm would you let us know when your called for stage 2 please sound 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I’m in the 300’s, I’ll throw something in too, keep ya’s in the loop.

I will niall no hassle at all.

Best of luck in it aswel 🤝

got a stage 2 email, my OOM is 300’s. It says they are taking a large number to stage 2 now so should be alot of you getting an email today hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Hi All,

I am in OOM 1100s I got an email today about being invited to Stage 2 which is commencing on 10th July and finishes on Wednesday 13th July.

Happy to see things moving along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 siwezz

OOM in 900s.

Just got an invite to Stage 2 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Mann2022

For anyone that has done the report writing already . Do you actually have to write a report or just fill in blanks to a report ??

Exam between Sunday 10th and Wednesday 13th

I'd needs to be verified before this date so don't put it off til sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

So people in the 900s are getting invites to stage 2. The first batch was only 240ish. Ideally people will keep posting their OOM so we can see how many were invited to stage 2 (roughly)

Oom in 400s got email this morning 👍

You can verify from today (6th)

My understanding is to get this done before you take the assessment

Photo ID, driving licence or passport.

Very best of luck to everyone 👍

Anyone else notice it says on the public jobs message "candidates will be called to stage 3 based on their oom in stage 1"

But in the familiarisation link it states that "candidates will be called to stage 3 based on their order of merit in stage 2" this makes more sense so I assume that's the way they are doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Obviously that's totally contradictory messaging then which I would be surprised with.

At the same time I think it's probably much easier for them to base the OOM on the results from stage 1. Assuming most people generally got the same information and have a similar level of literacy there will be very little to differentiate the scores in stage 2 for those who passed.

Post edited by blinkinghinds on

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MarkieMarxx

OOM 903, got the email today.

I noticed that too yeah and was going to make a comment about it. Fairly shocking discrepancy really. The other commenter made a good point that there's unlikely to be much to differentiate between candidates on the report section as its gathering facts and grammar by the sounds of it. The first batch reported it being very easy too.

Either way they shouldn't be giving completely contradictory information between the booklet and the message we received

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

I got called this morning for stage 2, my order of merit is 800

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

You will be able to view the way they want it before doing it. You will have to write out a report along with adding names,addresses, phone numbers in different boxs. Best of Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

I placed 1315 and got email today for stage 2. Has anyone already done the report and what does it entail or any key points which may be helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hally21

In the 500’s OOM, got the email too today. Think it’s bad form giving us what 4 days notice for it and also only being able to use a laptop for the the report writing stage. Heading on holidays on Saturday with possibility of bad Wi-Fi and leaves me worrying about it now, fair annoying.

Seen a comment about the report writing and what it entail's, the last time I did it obviously was in person but you watch a video with a witness speaking and you have to take down details from them and write a report of what happened. Hope this helps👍🏻

I worried about doing it on the laptop also but it was very straight forward. I just typed as much as I could the first time the vid played getting specific details e.g. names, no's, addresses etc. Then spent the second time making sure I had the details correct. I was able to type a lot and I'm not someone who types regularly on a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rm24398

Hi everyone, I'm in the 900's on the OOM and got called today for Stage 2. Just taking a look at what everyone is saying and I just would like some advice from people that have already done it, if preparation is key? Just taking a look at the CS website they offer a course for €75 but that seems a bit for when you will only get a few days use from it at most. What would ye recommend, prepare for it or does Stage 2 require much preparation? Cheers.

The first batch have already done it. The familiarization you will get is basically what it will be like. People will get diff reports to do though.

Up to 1315 being called up now. Did they call everyone up or what? That's a huge number

Not everyone, some people are still waiting. There will prob be a few batch's.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

There is no need to pay that amount for a Stage 2 prep course. The exercise is basic transcription. Save your money and look up a few transcription exercises on YT if you feel more comfortable with a bit of prep behind you. You'll do fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

What tense do we write in for stage 2?

• Advertisement

Thats a good question actually, I done the career services stage 2 course a month ago. Gonna do it again this weekend so if no one answers by then I’ll let ya know. I think it was past but I’m guessing

Advertisement