Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP McManus Pro-Am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Best spots to watch? I think the back of the 3rd is the best i could find. 17th fairway also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

The smurfitt/woods 4 ball looks as dry as shite

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Find myself grimacing every time they take a divot! It really is immaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

He's definitely going for the Augusta look alright. No rough to speak of, white sand, big fast sloping greens with runoffs, and the greenest of green everywhere.

Even yellow flags with a big A.

Just missing the azaleas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭Xander10

Is the play very slow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Seems it. Makes sense I suppose with it being a scramble format - people going around picking up their drives and bringing them to the one stop - and all hitting from there then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

who's that irish brendan guy on sky sports co-commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,245 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Jamie Rednapp and Mark Wahlberg were involved

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think with the TV coverage the missed a chance to show replays of some of the decent celeb shots(could understand not live shots)

• Advertisement

I still don't understand how JP can get all these golfers. Obviosuly they're paid appearance fees but with the likes of Tiger, how much do you've to pay a billionaire to appear? I wouldn't really classify Tiger as someone who loves doing stuff for charity

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There is no appearance fee , its for charity

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Loads of people with camping chairs/stools today.

course is unreal. Fantastic condition.

queues are long and slow for food/drink and merchandise shop. Anyone coming tomorrow, bring yourself a bottle or 2 of water and a snack.

stood beside a lad who got a wallop of a ball off the first tee. In fairness, good fore shout. Lad was told by the crowd he had hit someone. Didn’t even bother his arse to come over and say sorry. Just wanted his ball thrown back at him. Some ejit threw it back. Got plenty of boos. Was not a famous person as such but his dad is one of the very very very wealthy irish people we all know of

• Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Harrington implied that JP is supporting the charities of each players choice from his personal funds in lieu of appearance fees

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I know. The lineup is incredible and there's no financial incentive? I don't think these guys care that much about charity like..

What's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Speith DQ'd? What happened there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Haha yeah the place is just full of philanthropists....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Picked up ball that would’ve been a handy gimme. Forgot his portion of things he still needs to hole out

Played on anyway with his partners after

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Would make you sick when you think of all the inherited wealth and they'll all be eating and drinking together tonight. World's elite really, living a fantasy.

• Advertisement

Had a very enjoyable day at Adare Manor. Got to watch all the top players in the afternoon on the first hole, after having had enough of watching a grumpy and moody Matt Fitzpatrick in the morning, who was a terrible partner for his amateurs. The whole organisation of the event was most impressive. The golf course was extraordinary and is a serious contender for Augusta National 2.0. I got a nice burger and chips just before 11 am this morning, but the queues for such stands was quite incredible.

I'm not planning to go tomorrow, I gave my hat to a friend of my sister's. When I came home just after 4 pm, what struck me about the TV coverage was the lack of airtime for the LIV golf tour rebels. A coincidence?

I think the TV coverage just followed Rory and Tiger and pretty much ignored everyone else, LIV or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Why don’t they all go down the road to Rathkeale for a few pints tonight and see another side of Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Park and ride emails for the racecourse weren’t asked for, just drive in and park up. Not asked for either on bus to and from the course. 10 minute job, loads of buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Going with dad tommorow he's 82 and mad for it. Best holes to go see? Also is there a shop selling clubs etc or just merch?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Snackbox20

Get up early to one of the tee boxes on the 6th, great photo opportunities at the pro tee box. Before the right fairway bunker on the 17th is a great spot too, you have a great chance of seeing pros up really close as they are right of centre and great view in to the pin, dangerous area though for wayward amateur drives 😂😂, bring your hard hat.

Course is in fantastic condition, definitely agree Augusta 2.0. If you are going tomorrow, allow up to 45 minutes queuing time for food vans and a bit longer if you are buying merchandise. Overall a fantastic day out and so well organised.

Bringing girlfriend into this tomorrow evening late - probably about 4pm or so

Would there be any issues going in at that time (in regards to Parking etc)?

• Advertisement

You're best bet would be to follow signs to Limerick and use the park and ride buses, plenty available. The car park may be closed off by the afternoon.

Advertisement