Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Interesting - would be consistent with delivery guideline starting 15th August. I can see myself spending time on that forum!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

They just got back to me with a quote, but said i need to add on 5k for the grant, so they are saying i need to PCP 59,800.

15k deposit, 1 payment of 832.29, and then 35 payments of 757.29, final payment of 22,799.

quite a bit higher than your quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Why do you have to add that on....do Tesla not manage the payment of the €5k grant themselves? The final figure I was given for my lease cost didn't include the €5k

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm not sure....i've asked them to confirm and come back to me.

The 5k really messes up the numbers and it no longer stays in the "barely affordable" bracket.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla manage the €5k grant piece, they email you a one pager to sign and take care of it from there

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I got a quote back too today the 5k is included as part of the deposit so e.g. a deposit of 20k on your quote is realistically 15k you need to come up with, the finance quote is on the full value of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Tesla had a poor manufacturing quarter in Q2 due to COVID in China and chip shortage.

Interesting that EDD are being brought forward, maybe

* Their giving a bit more priority to the Irish market long term(unlikely)

*More EV's from other OEMs impacting demand (seems very unlikely)

*Selling more cars here as getting squeezed out with grants and price increases (likely in my opinion, next price increase will take all specs outside the grant and bands will drop I would think in the next budget too. So let's see if there all delivered. Also note there is no difference between UK and Ireland EDD's, the reality is always like that).

Hope ye don't have to wait but stay away from Tesla group and Mr. miserable it'll wreck yer heads.

Set expectations low in order to avoid disappointment. I ordered August last year for Sept/October delivery finally would have been delivered in march this year but had jumped ship by then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

EDD could be pulled forward due to too many speculators declining delivery, if so then only matter of time before this is cracked down on

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yeah, possible cause also, way to cut that out is if declined treat it as a new order for the next window. No issue with that last year waiting for 221 plates people queuing for December deliveries on 212.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Just wondering are those interest rates locked in or can the rates go up as central banks increase rates a la variable mortgages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Thanks for making me aware of this! I placed an order for a Model 3 Long Range a few ago and just changed it to a RWD to make use of the grant.

I also removed Autopilot to keep the price down further. Can I just purchase it in the app myself when I pick it up so its not part of the financing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I believe they are locked in, but open to be corrected.

The budget brought forward two weeks, so will found out slight earlier about the available EV grants for 2023.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A guy on the FB group ordered Saturday and was given a delivery date of Aug-Sep!

I'm really starting to think that the current EDDs are going to be met.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes it makes sense to add fsd at a later stage if it's required. Standard auto pilot is included in all specs

Maybe Tesla only doing two delivery windows this year?

There were were around 250 cars delivered in may/June last year only handful this year.

Sept last year had a few and also Dec.

So maybe a big sept if they catch up on what they missed manufacturing in the last months.

Do the build any model Y's for Europe in China maybe plant in Germany ramping up is freeing up capacity? Only speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yep, you've done the tight thing. Reducing the purchase price and it can be enabled after delivery just purchased as an upgrade in the app.

Post edited by Fingleberries on

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

This is certainly true for a person purchasing an EV. However, my instinct is that PCP complicates matters as the nature of the agreement is that ownership is not passed to the individual until the end of the term and only then if they select to make the balloon payment. That is an option as opposed to a certainty and I suspect this is giving rise to some difficulties with the grant.

In the case or a direct purchase the dealer just looks after the admin side of the grant on behalf of the owner/beneficiary but with PCP the customer is NOT the owner.

Situation with SEAI grant is very precarious as it is dependent on Government policy which can change at any budget. At the moment it is only some Model 3 that still qualify for these grants and an increase in price or change on government policy (were it to happen) will impact prices of both new and second hand values.

Situation with new GIGA factory in Germany is that they are currently only producing Model Y Performance at the plant is in ramp up stage. They celebrated a milestone last week of producing 1000 units in a week so that gives some insight as to current state. China remains the volume producer and although i am sure the plan is for the new German and Austin Texas plants to play a bigger role .it appears a more longer term target, meaning that China will continue to serve the European market for some time to come. At the moment the Model Y production line is closed for upgrading and later this month the Model 3 line will close for similar upgrades, both with the intent of increasing significantly the production volumes to 21,000 units per week (puts Germany into context). Globally June 2022 was the highest ever month of production in all of Tesla's history.

For what its worth..

• Advertisement

Interesting and puzzling. In support of this view it is telling that Tesla Ireland have not increased prices unlike the June increases US, Australia and the UK. In March Ireland did follow all the other markets with price increases ..but not this time. Leads me to think that they may be concerned about uncertainty around EV grants/thresholds and they are doing everything to get cars delivered to avail of this sweet spot. Otherwise the EDD's don't make any sense given backlog with European orders from a loss of 60,000 units of production in April and what dates are indicated on their website (2023 delivery).

All very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I was told by who sent my quote that the 5k grant has to come off the deposit.

This quote is way better than mine and from looking at the numbers they have taken the 5k off the whole amount. The final payment is around 5k less than mine but 8 euro more a month more.

is it someone in particular you were dealing with or a generic email address?

My quote just for reference. Rwd, blue, Aeros. On second viewing the difference is I would be paying a 12,778 deposit rather than 16k in the other quote but it’s still not as good when you take into account the final payment difference.

not sure what is going on with the quote eeloe got above. That seems a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

I got a higher quote than this as well, something seems off with the quotes being given out. Mine is a black rwd with Aero wheels

Only thing different is the mileage but dunno does that make a difference. Was expecting the quote to be in the 500 quid a month range, I think it’s a bit much paying the guts of 700 a month for a car especially with the big balloon payment at the end. I got a quote for 4 years as well and it was only a tenner less I think, obviously with a lower payment in the end then

That looks similar to mine if you went for 15km and as I was told the 5k grant would come off the deposit.

even if I was going to do over 15km I would choose the lower option. It would only be an issue if you needed to hand it back to them after the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

Ah I didn’t realise the kms increased the monthly repayments, I will try again with 15000km and see what quote I get. Thanks for that!

Either way we are playing with the same figure. I pay less monthly but your final payment is lower so you get more equity at the end of the 3 years.

Mikes quote is the best as the grant is taken off the whole amount so he would be paying less interest overall. The interest on pcp is always on the whole amount. Ours hasn’t got the 5k off as I am assuming it comes off the deposit like I was told it was. Not sure I believe that tbh though as there are different quotes around..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I got an est. Delivery 15. August - 15.September, like many others here. When do you guys recommend applying for the SEAI charger grant and having it installed? I think the majority of work is done, as I know the previous owner had an EV and I have this box outside which I think is part of the charging system (holes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Here’s a quote with max deposit, the SEAI 5K is included in that so I would have to pony up €15K not the 20k mentioned

Advertisement