Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Snow man

Has anyone started in revenue at Dublin Airport, Investigation, Prosecution and Frontier Management Division, Terminal? Yet! Is it in Terminal 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

i think the tax exams are only if you’re an auditor so clerical officers don’t have to do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is there not a separate competition for that position i.e customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gill0108

Hi all, got confirmation last Monday I was successful with my interview , location for Dublin, how quick or long is wait time to hear back from clearance etc?

Im batch 8 so any one any info for me please . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

@gill0108 I had my interview on 28 April. On 16th June the told me what department I'm going to. An Garda Siochana. I'm just waiting on Garda vetting now which can take up to 12 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cdoran

Hi, In case anyone is wondering what oom they are on. I got called for clearance. I'm number 1324 in Dublin

@Dublin.85 Thank you so much I only had mine 23 of June maybe I’ll be waiting awhile 🥴🥴

@cdoran what batch are you in if you don’t mind me asking?

Batch 7

• Advertisement

@cdoran thanks I’m number 1527 batch 8 hopefully won’t be waiting much longer to hear anything.. seen on this people have been waiting a long time though from interview. I done mine less then two weeks ago so maybe I’m asking for miracles 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Hi there,

I had my interview end of may and Passed it, gave my location choices (Cork) . Does anyone know how long typically you will have to wait until they get back to you. It seems like 6 weeks or so seeing what people are saying on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nrt

I've been called for vetting but having some trouble. since I've lived abroad for a couple months, I need to get a police certificate from the country I used to live in, and the police authorities there are fierce slow to issue the police cert (as I found out in a job a couple years ago). Would the vetting team mind a bit of a delay like this, especially since it was mid 2017 when I went to that country, just nearly 5 years ago and haven't been back since?

I did email them, but just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

How long does it take yo be called for interview after you give choice of location

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elanicap1

I was waiting about a week after choice of location to be called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zimmer82

Just got my placement for dept of education. It's Blanchardstown adult education. I live in Dublin 3 near city center. This is very awkward for me to get to with traffic being very heavy around here. I was hoping for Marlborough street as I could walk to work and save on costs. Not sure what to do now.

I had my interview on June 3rd so another 2 weeks you should hear. It’s torture waiting 🤣

@cdoran torture is right!!! It’s very long process but worth it … Hopefully I get called 🫣🫣 does clearance email or call you when they offer you a position

They send you an email with documents and then you fill up them up and send them back. Then they will send you a link to online Garda vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

I got email about location services before an offer of an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

I just got emailed for my location preferences for Laois and Offaly. Nice to see some progress at long last.

From reading back a few pages it looks like the interview stage isn't too far after the location selection stage.

What was the wait time from location preferences to interview stage for some of you? It's just with less than 6months left on this current panal I'm nervous I might not get trough all the stages in time and have to reapply next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

Might be a stupid question but I received a request to choose my preferred locations for Wexford, and it said batch 2. Anyone know what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

For anyone else who may want to know:

"To date we have called up to Order of Merit 30 for Co Clare and 105 for Co Galway"

Surprised Galway is moving so slow tbh.

@cdoran thank you so much ❤️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

No.

You can apply to do various tax exams etc. via the Revenue but as for made to sit exams kinda way, then no.

During training you will do exams/tests but they are nothing to worry about, the trainers are very helpful and will guide you through. Just going back over info that was discussed during training.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gorkia25

I am on batch 5, and passed the interview but I haven’t been called for the clearance 🙁🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

Email PAS and ask them whether there's any chance they might change it to Marlborough Street, no guarantee but you've got nothing to lose. However, once you start commuting you might find out its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

Hi @JayIre I got my location form for offaly about 1 week after my interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

@nrt (sorry it won't let me delete @)

Hi all, my Garda vetting got complete today. (2 Garda vettings. 1 for pas and 1 for position in an Garda Siochana). Only 7 working days after I submitted. They said it could take up to 12 weeks. Surprised at how quick it was. Anyone know they next steps? They contact my employer for reference,? and then do they tell me my location and department within an Garda siochana? And start date ect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

nobody from this competition ended up in customs as they ran a separate campaign.

Advertisement