Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I'm in town today just did 3 tests

(22 down /21 up)

(43 down /10 up)

(93.3 down /20 up)

Mines back to a crawl today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm the opposite, done loads of tests and they all are very fast, faster than I used to have. Multiple locations etc. Not one crawl since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

Hi. A friend changed from vodafone on android to Post Mobile six weeks ago because of vodafone coverage at a cheaper monthly rate. However when sim was inserted in the phone the post mobile message wasn't received but we entered the parameters as explained on boards.ie (Internet GPRSAccount name:PostmobileAccess point name:isp.postfone.ieURL:http://www.google.iePort:9201Proxy port:80). However but this didn't fix the issue. Two weeks later An Post sent another sim but this didn't work either. Roll on six weeks and we went into a post office who were helpful but didn't fix the problem and a tech outlet today to get more hands-on info and they reckon that the phone is ok but issue is on an post side. Calls, texts & whattsapp are working fine but data that has been paid for the month isn't working. I would really appreciate if anyone can help with this issue. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭deezell

Your APN all wrong. ips.postfone.ie is the URL or Apn. NAME can be PostMobile or whatever. No proxy or prixy port. MCC 272 and MNC 01. AUTHENTICATION TYPE PaP. APN type Default.

• Advertisement

Thanks deezell. I've tried those settings and had no luck connecting to mobile data. Running out of ideas now so I'd appreciate if anyone had any other suggestions. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Typo: it's isp.postfone.ie

Add a new APN

NAME Post Mobile (or anything)

APN isp.postfone.ie (not ips)

Leave other entries as is or blank.

Save it and test if it works.

If not, then test each option in authentication type.

MCC and MNC should be 272 and 01 but those entries should be populated automatically.

Well spotted. The whole thing is usually populated after you register your new sim, there's other APN for MMS, IMS and so on, they're pushed to the phone without intervention,or should be.

Thanks. Will try those settings.

I tried those settings on friend's refurbished/2nd hand Samsung Galaxy a20e but no joy. Then we tried sim in my phone and data worked. Is there any workaround for this on friend's phone or is a new phone needed? Thanks

• Advertisement

Its probably you have to find the right settings for that phone.

Any idea of where to start finding the right settings?

Brought it into tech shop and guy said it was unlocked. Also it worked with Vodafone sim and works for new an post mobile sim for calls/whatsapp but just not data so I assume it's unlocked

WhatsApp requires data, does WhatsApp work when not on WiFi?

I thought it did but not definite about that - but will check it out. Data definitely doesn't work without WiFi on that Samsung phone though

You need to specific with how you name things.

#1 Wifi is internet access from a wifi network

#2 Data (mobile date) is internet from your Mobile provider

You have to turn one off to test the other (with WhatsApp)

Thanks Flinty. The WiFi network was turned off today to check phone. Friend's phone received incoming calls with an post mobile sim but it did not have phone data. I put same sim in my phone and was able to get phone data. So I assume it is a phone issue

Well its a configuration issue.

But every Android seems to like moving all the settings around like musical chairs.

I'm not certain if a Vodafone locked device with work straight away with a post mobile sim, it could be that it's locked to Vodafone but is working for calls via 2g, but not connecting for data via LTE. Try a non Vodafone sim if you can borrow one, 3 or Eir.

Is it showing a strong signal reading, but no 3G or 4G data icon on the top bar? Check that Settings/Connections/Mobile networks/Network mode is set to LTE/3g/2g (auto connect). Also check that Settings/Connections/Data usage/Mobile data is toggled to On.

• Advertisement

Thanks flinty. I'm on GoMo so will try that tomorrow.

Just check there's no typos, no spaces no dots in the wrong place. Took me a while to get it right originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I did try my PM sim in a vf locked phone last month and it didn't work, I was surprised.

On a side note, I'm back to proper speed data so happy with my PM experience

Is it true that you have to pay to receive texts when roaming outside the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I had no credit, monthly auto-topup, and was still able to receive texts in egypt lately.

Roaming costs were pricey, €2 per minute to make or receive a call. €0.30 to send an sms and €6 per MB data. So i stuck to the hotel wifi. The sms with costs said nothing about receiving an sms

Website says there is a cost but I'm thinking it's a mistake. Haven't heard an Irish provider charge for incoming texts before

New EU roaming rules are one bit of positive news, if you're abroad and desperately trying to rearrange your cancelled/missed flights, at least you can stay on hold for hours without cost.

The poor Brits (with an ex) must be wondering what they done wrong in a former life what with losing these protections, losing the EU passport Q, business losing access to the EU labour market. and general trade mayhem in every aspect of their lives. You'd feel Sorry for them..... Actually, no, f*** them. Boris is still awaiting his dream to be Churchill, he just isn't drinking enough yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Can we have no political agitation in this topic please?

I look for Vodafone TXT code to check what plan am I on (PAYG). I got TXT code for checking my balance (50233) but cant find any other codes. Is there anything similar to this (https://www.vodafone.co.nz/faq/manage-your-mobile-by-txt) on Vodafone Ireland?

I think I posted that list some time back on this thread. Have a trawl, I'd look myself, but I'm too busy poking fun at BoJo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'm currently in the UK

Phone will send texts and can use data, but won't make calls?

Any ideas what could be causing it

It's a Google pixel 4a

Advertisement