Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That looks like a cut and paste job from some propaganda article or handout or email.

Some of the stuff on it is nonsense, and some of it - e.g. spending money on those sleeping rough to be sheltered - is a good thing. And the €13billion, by far the largest sum, given the Court's likely outcome, if we had spent it, as the opposition wanted, we would be rightly F*cked, trying to pay it back.

Yup,a shinner hand out

The water meter one is funny as no account at all is taken of the money back in people's pockets by not having to pay the charge

EU data roaming is subject to a cap

The apple one is just ignorance

But hey ho when it's on the list...

Piece de resistance, the promiserama party quoting the fiscal advisory Council 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Lets see now

Sf answer to all that would be

1 Don't bother with that

2 Don't bother with that make it free forever

3 whaaa blame the last Government for that and sit on hands

4 Free make someone else pay for that

5 don't talk to us about that

6 Hide all that in the backroom

7 spend spend spend on nothing much at all

8 blame someone else for that

9 sit on fence then blame someone else for that

10 eeeemmmm what was that again!

11 Dont worry Gerry will find you!!!

12 Blame a patsy for that

13 see above

14 see above again

15 yet again see above

16 blame FG for that [and laugh and leer while you do that]

17 Keep quiet about what Sf lads do

18 appoint a prove to that

19 see above but call them something nice like a pillar of the community

20 hid all that in the small print

21 jobs for the boys in Belfast [don't mention field marshal what his name for the bandit county]

22 appoint Sf puppies to position in every place of use [note and make it forever]

23 what about thee ...

24 spend on someone from Belfast [or west cork for that matter]

25 Public relations exercise

26 blame blamer

27 compo for the support at grassroots

28 blame again someone in FF this time

29 waffle waffle and some distraction in the middle

30 Blame the US

31 Blame the UK

32 scrap everything [bring it back on the quiet but deny that till the death]

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

"The water meter one is funny as no account at all is taken of the money back in people's pockets by not having to pay the charge"

I must admit, you didn't strike me as the type to give credit to the likes of Paul Murphy, Brendan Ogle etc who where front and centre at the water charge protest's, urging folks not to engage with charges.

Because that's who was responsible for the money back in people's pockets by not having to pay the charges. It certainly wasn't anything to do with those that wasted the money installing meters.

But regardless, how is there any money put back in anyone's pockets for a charge they never had to pay previously, or intended to anyway?

Some logic there. Lol.

Ah, Brendan Ogle, a blast from the past. Whatever happened to him?

• Advertisement

Not sure, maybe he was able to retire with all the money he was and able to save, by not having to pay charges for water that he never paid before, or intended to back then either?

Honestly though, the logic behind thinking folks should be grateful for a mass protest about a public waste of money somehow saving them for charges is actually one of the most warped take on things I've read on this thread, and there's no shortage of them, let's be fair.

I am outraged that we don't currently have a system whereby the big swimming pool users don't pay more for their water than people like me who work hard at conserving it.

Logic is simple

Households would have paid 1000's by now

Sinn Féin flipped on the issue in their early promiserama era as they were starting out on buying the protest vote/magic money tree planting

Personally I am in favour of water charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

It'll be the approved WEF 'you'll own nothing and be happy' hence the support (insincere promises about REITs show they've a sense of humour) for FG-FF destroying small scale Irish landlords in favour of Brits (like the Duke of Westminster) and German insurers, plus an allegedly Irish one or two, who only want the high wage renter, destroying tourism via making self catering impossible, unlimited admission of asylum seekers and non EU migrants, rules for thee not for me, and so on. What I'm saving is that if a provisional SF govt happens (polls are not reliable, people should know), it will be a somewhat worse of what we have now. The IMF might be visiting again, but that's not outside the realms of possibility with the hapless current crew. God help us all, the pint of plain will be a tenner everywhere (and homebrew banned), but Ireland will survive.

Households would have paid 1000's by now

And now aren't, but not because of anything those that wasted money on the meters did.

As I said, I didn't think you'd have been the type of poster to champion that.

Your logic seems to be, how dare they complain about the billions spent on installing meters, sure didn't their installation result in mass protests and civil disobedience that led to the charges being dropped (populism?).

The botched system they had planned to introduce then wouldn't have had (the minuscule number) of private residences with pools paying more either.

Charges were capped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭notsocutehoor

It's not, and which part of it is nonsense, waiting with bated breath

Like I said it's not.

I've come across some ridiculously stupid posts on this topic, but this one is hilarious The water meter one is funny as no account at all is taken of the money back in people's pockets by not having to pay the charge. I presume using that logic we should be setting up a new Irish Water (or equivalent) every day, look at all the money that could be put back in people's pockets.

Is there nobody in Mount St capable of proof reading before posting.

I gave you two examples. If you have been working on that yourself, that has been a waste of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

You do know that water meters are actually an excellent tool of helping to identify and find leaks. They will also be invaluable when we start charging those who use far more water than they should millionaires with swimming pools.

Sinn Fein have constantly banged the drum about how the EU is making decisions that violate Irish Sovereignty yet have no problem taking the side of the EU when it comes to the Apple Tax thing.

Some of the stuff on it is nonsense, and some of it - e.g. spending money on those sleeping rough to be sheltered - is a good thing. And the €13billion, by far the largest sum, given the Court's likely outcome, if we had spent it, as the opposition wanted, we would be rightly F*cked, trying to pay it back.

If these are the 2 examples you're talking about then even more rubbish

Of course providing shelter for those sleeping rough is a good thing, I never mentioned 'sleeping rough'.

On the second one, once again you appear to be challenged, where did I mention spending it.

Try reading the post before responding (if you have a mind to of course).

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say all this, somebody will have gone running to mamma.

(1) We are on the Sinn Fein thread, so if it isn't an extract from the Sinn Fein playbook, what is it doing on here?

(2) On the Apple money, what did you expect us to do with it, if not spend it? Or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining?

(3) So, instead of spending money on hotels to accommodate those sleeping rough, we should just have left them there? Again, as this is the SF thread, are you suggesting that SF want to leave those sleeping rough out in the cold?

If none of the above, what exactly are you trying to say on the SF thread?

Fianna Fail were instrumental in their abolition. I would guess their demand had a hell of a lot more sway than that of SF to be honest.

OK, sorry, I didn't realise that you had set the rules on what could/could not be posted on a Sinn Fein thread, can you send me a list of your rules so I can fully comply in future. I presume that covers point 1, although I'll admit not fully understanding it.

Point 2, I expected that we would stay schtum, let Apple appeal if they wished, and take whatever was coming to us if/when the case resolved.

Point 3, Can you read back over what I posted and try to understand it

How many swimming pool owning millionaires do we have, 10, 100, 1,000?

Would you think that there might be some other way of nabbing them without installing a couple of million water meters.

• Advertisement

I don't set any rules, I am not a mod, I am not stopping you posting anything, I am just asking the relevance of what you posted to Sinn Fein. If it is an extract from the Sinn Fein playbook, that makes sense as to why it is posted here. If it is not part of the Sinn Fein playbook, I just want to understand why you have posted it here.

Logic has gone out the window I'm afraid. If "to catch those with swimming pools" is the best they can come up with to try and justify the billions squandered on meters.

It wasn't an 'extract from the Sinn Fein playbook', whatever that is - so am I right in saying that only 'extracts from the Sinn Fein playbook' can be posted here. I posted it because I could see how worried and distressed you have become about the damage that Sinn Fein might do in their 6 months in government, I was wondering if it was stuff like this you were worried about. If it isn't great. So what exactly has you so worried and distressed, specific examples and their likely impact, rather than pretty little Mount St cliches, feel free to extract from the Sinn Fein playbook

Given that half of it wasn't damage, given that the appointment unsuitability elements pale in comparison to putting a bomber on the police board, I think you have proved my point that a Sinn Fein government could do a lot worse.

But what exactly has you so worried and distressed, specific examples and their likely impact, rather than pretty little Mount St cliches

'What worries me is that they have signficantly underestimated that damage that even six months of SF government could do.'

If the multinationals pull out, they won't be back, that will be permanent damage. All of Sinn Fein's tax proposals are aimed at taxing "big business".

They might even be able to make Francie's dream come true of the EU paying for a united Ireland as our economy will be so f*cked, that we will be back to being net beneficiaries. Thing is we will stop worrying about a united Ireland. Big bonus is that the housing problem will be solved as everyone under 40 will have emigrated.

What specific tax proposals are aimed at taxing big business, and what would be their specific impact.

Why would the multinationals leave, why didn't they leave when taxes were much higher here, higher than what SF are proposing as I understand it.

Specifics, rather than cliches and bluster

More skewed logic

No water meter installed is wasted for one,they are working

Yes as I said,one of Sinn Féins early bandwagon jump on's

Protest pandering isn't populism

Populism is promises of new things for votes without getting the calculator out or the logistics

Sinn Féins 40000 houses in a year mantra that was exposed in the o'broin vs O'brien prime time debate as nonsense due to there not being enough workers for example

Throw the promise out there

Have a Sunday times interview in the archive saying something about it taking 10 years ,never mention the interview again until 5 years after government nothings done

That type of thing

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The topic is SF. There's another thread to discuss the government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

SF lads on here will have to swallow a bitter pill tonight.

Been in there with Big Pearse throwing out the shade….

Looks like the sun has come out?

Advertisement