Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine (Mod Note & Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobowen

You call anyone a liar who disagrees with you. Its all you ever do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Invasion bob, it's an invasion. You and I differ then on what constitutes "protection", 'cos Bucha and the like tell a different story.

You have, basically, admitted to Russian Primacy in the affairs and existence of Ukraine, and remembering previous attempts to rationalise "speaking Russian === Russian", then I doubt anything new can will yield from this avenue. here again you speak of "their people", the crack widened. Attempting to simplify the notion of culture and ethnicity for the purposes of forgiving an authoritarian regime's invasion of another country.

Your words betray your bias, and your bias speaks of a patronising, dehumanising attitude towards Ukrainian sovereignty. In that it exists solely at the whim and discretion of Russia. You might plead otherwise but I think most here can see the truth of things, reading between the lines - or lines themselves as in the case of this segue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

All this ignores the glaringly obvious point that Russia isn't "protecting its people". It is flattening their cities and creating mass graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭saabsaab

When the Poles put up a fight against Hitler and their cities were destroyed as a consequence some agrued that it was their own fault as they couildn't expect to win and should have surrendered early. Similar reasoning on this thread at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Its not a civil war when you're neighbour invades , as Russian military units did in 2014 ... And you're right the world did not suddenly begin in Feb 2022 or 2014 , or the collapse of soviet Russia , or with kruschev , or with the back and forth of WW2, or Stalin and the holodomor , or the Soviet /Ukrainian war , or even the tzar ...

But Russia decided to invade Ukraine - for its own ends

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone who says Russia is protecting its ethnic cousins by flattening its cities, killing them and sending them fleeing is a liar.

Anyone who denies Russian war crimes and atrocities such as Bucha and attacks on civilian refuges and medical facilities is a liar.

Anyone who states Ukraine violated the Budapest agreement while being completely unable to specify how is a liar.

Anyone who states Russia did not violate the Budapest agreement is a liar.

Here's another liar, of the sort you take your cues from:

In February 2016, Sergey Lavrov claimed, "Russia never violated Budapest memorandum. It contained only one obligation, not to attack Ukraine with nukes."[37] However, Canadian journalist Michael Colborne pointed out that "there are actually six obligations in the Budapest Memorandum, and the first of them is 'to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine'". Colborne also pointed out that a broadcast of Lavrov's claim on the Twitter account of Russia's embassy in the United Kingdom actually "provided a link to the text of the Budapest Memorandum itself with all six obligations, including the ones Russia has clearly violated – right there for everyone to see."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Look Odyssey. We've been round the mountain many times with this one. The US and EU broke this agreement in 2014 before the annexation of Crimea. Look at the pivotal sentence in your quote:

'to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine'

The US were also signatories to this agreement which they violated when the US orchestrated the 2014 coup. If you don't think they "interfered" look at the Victoria Nuland Phone leak youtube video where she is basically stating who they plan to put in government instead of Klitschko. Here is the BBC transcript of the conversation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957

They furthermore did not "Respect the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine" when they violated commitment 3 which says:

"Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine to influence their politics."

On February 19th the US and the EU implemented economic sanctions on the democratically elected president of Ukraine and the nation of the Ukraine in order to destabilise his government. That was a clear violation of the above condition.

I'm simply going to post the above every time you have one of your "Liar Liar, Budapest Budapest, Liar Liar" meltdowns. Ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Field east

Boob , your losing is at best very basic and extremely narrow in its thinking . For. Example did you not consider the following as offering a potential advantage to Ukr. Ie as the Russian army advances, it is stretching its lines, supply lines become longer giving The Ukr army increased opportunities to pick it off, Russian souldiers have a bigger area to control, increased opportunities to circumvent the Russians as it advances , etc, etc especially as the Russian lines get stretched and thinned out. Think what happened between Kiev and Belarus at the outset to somewhat understand what I am talking about.

I guess that if you were overall in charge of the Russian army the war would be over by now and ye would be gone home with your tail between your legsi

This is what your Liar in Chief said, this is the from the actual Russia government;

"Russia never violated Budapest memorandum. It contained only one obligation, not to attack Ukraine with nukes."

Even he didn't try this absolute nonsense out.

You keep running away from the question, why didn't the Ukranian President sign the EU trade treaty?

Nothing to do with the economic pressure placed by Russia against Ukraine? Nope??

In mid-August 2013 Russia changed its customs regulations on imports from Ukraine[117] such that on 14 August 2013, the Russian Custom Service stopped all goods coming from Ukraine[118] and prompted politicians[119] and sources[120][121][122] to view the move as the start of a trade war against Ukraine to prevent Ukraine from signing a trade agreement with the European Union.

SO if you do think such trade restrictions are a violation of Budapest, Russia still violated it first.

Checkmate and game over. Your lies have been exposed to the ultraviolet disinfectant of the truth.

Your are a denier of war crimes and atrocities, and a proven liar. So when you come on here claiming Russia is there to protect ethnic Russians, you have zero credibility and are spreading more lies and disinformation.

• Advertisement

Careful being so sure about what happened in Bucha until the UN finally reports on it. Even the western media has gone quite on it. Probably for the reasons below.

Maxar Technologies filmed the satellite image of the bodies on the street in Bucha between March 9th & March 11th. The footage of the Ukrainian army driving meanderingly through the same street that we all saw on our news bulletins was filmed on April 3rd at the earliest. That's at least 23 days later.

In the video only a few of the bodies show hands and faces as the rest are all facing down. The hands and faces that are shown however are white. If a body was decomposing for 23 days there is no way that the skin would be white. Nor would the soldiers on the truck in the video be able to be in the same vicinity of these bodies without throwing up after 23 days of decomposition. They're not even wearing masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NrUwejROYQ

Therefore someone is lying. Either Maxar faked the satellite footage or the bodies on the street were not the bodies in the satellite image. Both can't be true.

Could you imagine using the same argument if it was the Ukrainians making territory gains? You people live in upside down world.

"The Asov Nazi's aren't Nazi's. The Russians are the Nazi's."

"Ukraine is winning by allowing Russia to steal its armoury , imprison its best fighters and raise the LPR flag in town after town. These inept Russian fools. They are falling right into the Ukrainians trap."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I paused from mentioning Bucha because I had a feeling you'd try and obfuscate. There has been a policy of indiscriminate violence against Ukranians since the start of this invasion; Odessa being the most recent, where not coincidentally after losing Snake Island, civilians were attacked. By all means, pick a point on the map.

But as you have outed yourself as someone who sees Ukraine as essentially a vassal to Russia, it's hard to consider this discussion as occurring on an even ground - one where we both start with the acceptance Ukraine & the people therein is a valid, Sovereign state. You have given strong hints you don't believe this to be true. As well as a crude reduction about the nature of its Russian speaking members.

"Your lies have been exposed to the ultraviolet disinfectant of the truth."

You're prose really is quite entertaining sometimes. Yes good Chess move there Mr Kasparov. You obviously mean the so called "chocolate war". However, being a quality chess player like your good self, Putin was careful to mask the embargo as a bureaucratic issue with the quality of goods. It was a devious way of influencing the Ukrainian political system but it nonetheless wasn't an official breach of the agreement as they weren't officially political sanctions like the American & EU sanctions.

Not sure how you can obfuscate with scientific fact's, timelines and video footage. Pick one hole in the evidence I provided there before accusing me of obfuscation.

Welcome to the world of Russian lies, where a trade embargo isn't "economic pressure". A full embargo by your largest trading partner isn't economic pressure, but minor EU\US sanctions on visas for officials are. Yeah that's a lie.

And Russia is actually a liberal democracy (yes the poster claims to believe this also). Yeah that's a lie.

Your liar in Chief Lavrov doesn't even believe the lie you're trying to spin now.

You should try to stick to the same script. When you can't even keep your lies straight, you trip yourselves up.

Remember, this is what he said (ps this is a lie too)

"Russia never violated Budapest memorandum. It contained only one obligation, not to attack Ukraine with nukes."

They weren't decomposing for 23 days. The weather in most of March wasn't that warm.

Earlier attempts to discredit the Bucha massacre are detailed here, this is just an evolution of the same set of lies.

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-atrocities-in-bucha-not-staged/a-61366129

This isn't even your first deflection, having tried similar in deviating off into blather about "The West", ignoring the broader suggestion of appeasing Russia by giving territory; but that you can't even huff about the accusation you don't consider Ukraine a legitimate, sovereign state, is telling. Talk about anything else - even focusing on a single throwaway reference - than admit you think Russia has primacy over Ukrainian affairs. It certainly shines a light on where you're coming from, that's for sure. I think we're done here.

Does anyone how to ignore individual posters ?

There are certain shills who I can't be bothered reading anymore , but I still want to follow the thread ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

So no. You can't refute these facts. Good to know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

For one...

Though I'm curious as to what your retort will be after the UN confirm the event. This angle is an interesting change from "the bodies weren't there when the Russians retreated and the Ukrainians did it".

That "debunking" mentions nothing about decomposition of the bodies and timelines.

I would post a timeline of human decomposition but I don't want to make myself even more unpopular than I already am. But after 23 days the decomposed body is in a pretty dire state as I'm sure you would all agree. And the temperature in Kiev in that time period hit over 15 degrees celsius on at least 5 days and rarely dropped below zero at night time.

Look i'm not a shill. My reason for posting here is to expose lies. I'm not Russian. Only met Russians when I travelled. Wasn't too enamoured of them. Never been to Russia. Have no skin in the game at all except to expose the lies our media are telling us.

Ok ..

So I how do I put certain posters on an ignore list .. there are posters who have valid points ,and valid opinions

..and then there are those who just repeatedly trot out lies repeatedly , either knowingly- in which case I don't want to hear them. - or stupidly and repeatedly after being shown - in which case I don't want to hear them ..

And I agree that everyone has an angle - and you can look past that- but when the "fill the air with so much **** that no one can see the truth " defence is used ,then I don't want to see all that shite ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

https://www.accuweather.com/en/ua/kyiv/324505/march-weather/324505

Got pretty hot late March and the bodies were apparently already lying exposed for 18 days with clothes on which accelerates decomposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

He also famously was camped out on the Russia thread prior to the invasion checking in every morning trying to mock everyone, saying that Putin wasn't going to invade and we're all being fooled by the CIA.

He was warned he was going to look like an utter moron when the invasion did happen, and here he is back for more.

But if they are lies you should refute them with argument and fact. That's what I thought a discussion forum was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭corkie

@Markcheese

Go to your profile page https://www.boards.ie/profile/

PC Browser: Click on the 'Head Icon with Down arrow' & 'Ignore List' and enter the user name you want to ignore.

Mobile: Edit your profile and there is a link to ignore list. https://www.boards.ie/profile/ignore

You will still see quoted posted of the users on your list.

If they profile are not private, you can do it on that page as well.

If someone on your ignore list, quotes you or tags you do you still see it?

• Advertisement

The debunking was showing the earlier lies from the Russian side being contradicted, and it is only a matter of time before the current lie is shown up in similar fashion.

Day time temperatures didn't get to above fridge temperatures until 20th March. And the night time temperatures were below zero for most of the month even as late as 28th March. So to say they were decomposing for 23 days - no.

Weather in March 2022 in Bucha, Ukraine (timeanddate.com)

And then there are the witness statements and mass graves and bodies found with hands tied behind their backs.

Bucha massacre - Wikipedia

Advertisement