Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tinkerbell19

I think it’s about 10 days and by post as far as I know? I had my interview today it went so quick I felt like I didn’t have enough time to say everything I had hoped to say for bonus points 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Skorpion

Congratulations, well done, so probably you'll get the place. I had my interview yesterday, but unfortunately I'm not happy 😕 I answered for all of the questions but I feel it wasn't enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1 volvoc123

Hi all, my interview is tomorrow ,I was involved in a crash last week and my head hasn’t been in the right place to prepare for the interview, has anyone got any tips for the interview like what kinda questions they asked etc? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MichaelTheMon

Hey is anyone here due to start in Tallaght on September 5th?

Did they have to ask you to stop talking or did they ask additional questions specific to things you said? I felt kind of caught on one of my scenarios almost like I hadn’t gotten the information out as best as I could have but at the same time I was just firing out everything and anything I possibly could.

• Advertisement

How did you get on?

Yea, they gave me additional questions.....that waiting is horrible

Just received email today. We will have our interview results tomorrow 🤓

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

Absolutely bricking it here! I'm really bad at predicting the outcome of exams and interviews so now I just want it to be over. For anyone who gets through here, I wonder when they're looking at starting....Sept or Jan? Fingers crossed for everyone

I would imagine all sept places are full because when they confirm your place on the course you have to do vetting, contacts references and you have to do the medical all before starting. I’m hoping to start in January in ballinasloe 🤞🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Results are out there guys

Got my panel number. Either I did **** or loads applied but my panel number is wild. Kinda disappointed

Ah tinkerbell, don't be hard on yourself. This could all pan out in ways we don't expect. You could be in Ballinasloe before you know it! Your post arrives early!!

I know I’m still going to hold hope for January but definitely should be in by sept 23 regardless because they usually take 100 at a go. Best of luck to everyone else getting their panel number today!! Maybe we will all cross paths at some stage 😂

I'm in as well 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3 geordie2105

Hi All

I got in as well. Does anyone know what the panel stops at in terms of numbers?

regards

Same to you

I'm in 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

Does anyone have a rough timetable for phase 1 in college ? Talking like how many weeks in class, when ambulance placement etc starts and first exam.

I remember seeing a draft online when I was studying for interview but now can’t seem to find it.

• Advertisement

I think the first offers are out by text and email now.

Didn't see that but if you find it, would you update us?

Offers are out I went for ballinasloe so hopefully I get a spot for sept 5th starting. I’m interested in information regarding start and end times etc in regards to college

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sudocremegg

It's always changing with each year but usually it's 3 months.

First week is induction, manual handling, h&s, policies, basic CPR etc.

Second week is ambulance observer placements.

Then return to the college where you will do 3 modules. Medical. Trauma. Paediatric/Obstetrics and a few other odd bits. They last 2-3 weeks each and you are examined at the end of each module, both theory exams and practical. In the middle of those 3 modules I believe they put in another observer week placement too.

Roughly 3 months. Monday to friday, 9-5. But you'll be wanting to put in more study than that. A large portion of the class will be in early, and stay late to study due to the sheer amount you will have to cram.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

thanks for that info, very helpful

Hi guys, did anyone get offered??

Morning all, Has anyone heard anything back yet following the expressions of interest?

Jesus, I can't wait to get any information, none so far.

• Advertisement

The waiting part is killing me! I've never paid so much attention to my email in my whole life!!

Advertisement