Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Apply for the grant now, you will receive approval in a few days, you then have 6 months to have the charger installed and apply for the refund (but you need the car for this), however I believe they are allowing a grace period to deal with the increasing delays from order of cars to delivery.

If a grant was previously applied for and approved from that address (and it looks like it was), you will not be eligible for the charger grant. as its a 1 time deal per MPRN.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

According to the Grant rules you have to wait until approval before starting any works, you also need an EV before you can claim (they require photos)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Here’s a quote directly from Tesla.

15km 10k deposit and it’s still over €700 per month.

all the different quotes are mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That just looks like an isolation switch (not EV specific) and it has no wires going in or out of it so it looks like previous owner has stripped everything out including the wiring!

Since you’re expecting the car in Aug i’d apply for grant approval asap and start getting quotes as it could take a while to organise someone to do the work.

Hopefully feed is going into the back of the isolator and the bottom gland is the feed to the charge point (OP said there was an EV at the house previously), could be the old ESB one as the footprint looks small.

Be quite mean to pull the cable and take with you when moving, I moved my charge point last year and left cabling to old location instead of pulling and relaying, bit of future proofing as I may buy a used 16a charge point at some stage and have two charge points at the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I've sent a few emails to sales_dublin@tesla.com asking for a PCP quite and no response...what email address is everyone using that are getting replies?

I'm still waiting for a call back from Tesla on my Hire Purchase financing selection - I know that as decisions are only valid for 30 days they wait until closer to the time but we should be hearing back from them any day now I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

From the pic I doubt if there is any wiring left....

I'd say the first port of call would be to either call SEAI, or just apply for the grant and find out of the grant was previously applied for/approved for that MPRN, as if so, the OP is lumbered with the full cost of installation.....

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I have the same EDD. I have just applied for the SEAI home charging grant now.

"Thank you for your electric vehicle home charger grant application.

Your application will be processed and if you qualify, you will receive a letter of offer within seven working days. Please see the terms and conditions for further details.

PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE MATERIALS OR COMMENCE ANY WORKS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR LETTER OF OFFER.

If you have any queries email us at EVChargers@seai.ie or call us on 01-8082100

Kind regards,

Electric Vehicle Charger Team"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Got an approval email 6 minutes later!

"You have been approved for an Electric Vehicle (EV) Home Charger grant subject to a maximum value of €600. SEAI are delighted that you will experience the benefits of driving electric, such as lower running costs with reduced climate impact.

If your eligible costs are less than €600, you will only receive a grant up to the amount spent on eligible costs. Eligible costs include the cost of materials (e.g. charger unit, cabling), labour and VAT associated with the purchase and installation of your EV charge point to your home. Ineligible costs not supported by the SEAI grant include any costs associated with upgrading your property or its electrical system."

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Anyone looking for a PCP quote I went direct to info@firstautofinance.ie asking for a quote got a call within the hour and then online application within 15 mins of the call, all very straight forward, couldn’t get any answer from Tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Tried the above email and got this:

"Thank you for your message. As we move towards new communication methods, this inbox is no longer monitored. You can find many answers to common queries on our website, take a look at the Support pages or browse through the Delivery FAQ’s."

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

Ya DeliveryIE@tesla.com gives you back a not monitored response if you email it, just email firstautofinance directly or fill out the contact page on their site, they’re fast to respond as @Thumper Long said.

Not a great sign for the after sales support from Tesla if their initial support seems to be non existent now.

i got the automated reply too, but then the next day i got the quote from them.

weird.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s deffo an isolation switch, possibly the most ugly isolation switch in all the land :)

On a good note, it could mean you have a simple install.

Check the Consumer Unit to see if there’s a 40a RCBO in there labelled as EV charger or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

For driving in France there is a requirement to carry spare headlight bulbs, anywhere I can buy some? Couldn't even find what type a 2019 model 3 uses

Not sure if that still applies to newer cars with LED headlights.

I just ordered a warning triangle & a set of French approved breathalyser tests from Amazon yesterday (already have the high vis vests)

Did your car not come with a foldable triangle? In the first aid kit bag in the frunk.

Also, I thought they removed the requirement for a breathalyzer since sometime in 2020

No, when I collected in March 2020 there was no such kit... some others around the same time with SR+ did get it, and some also got a 16a blue UMC adaptor...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My Feb 2020 M3P had the triangle, first aid kit, blue adaptor and a bloody CCS adaptor in it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I would say that is almost definitely wired in the back from the cavity behind and the breaker for it is in the adjacent ESB meter box, ESB and Safe electric have approved details for retrofits so you don't have to go all the way back to the consumer unit.

You are meant to have a rotary isolator like that too, its a point of isolation for the charge point.

Would be awesome if Tesla did a CHAdeMO - CCS adaptor (like the CHAdeMO - Type 2 adaptor they do/did for Model S/X), so we could use CHAdeMO connectors if stuck.... (or if I knew the car's SOC% would mean I wouldn't pull more than 60kW from a charger, use the CHAdeMO because why? because why brag fcuk not?*)

*joking of course before team LEAF come in to lynch me......

Someone must have helped themselves to yours ...

And for the early model 3, beam deflectors are not needed, since the beam is symmetrical, and newer model 3s detect and adjust automatically... Anyone know otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Speaking of adapters, are there art charging adapters supplied with the Model 3 now?

My brother has a Hyundai and EV and if I was over at his house I would need an adapter to go between his charger and my M3….

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

That should read ‘any’ not art…

No adapter needed, both charge over type 2 on AC

AFAIR all Teslas come with the safety kit, safety is at the heart of their design, I'd drop Sandyford an email, even two years later I'd say they would help

I assume autopilot will work in Europe, same as in Ireland? Will see if it mirrors no undertaking as here, although it'll be on the right side there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Anyone approved for PCP via Finance Ireland how did you fill in the payment section on the finance section?

Advertisement