Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Lots of things annoy me:

Slow people in the Aldi aisles - a turtle would be quicker!

When I've been looking forward to a Twirl from the fridge all day and when I go to get it, someone has already eaten it....

People mixing up your/you're

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That this page keeps jumping up to the top all the god damn time, I’m trying to post this is extremely annoying 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

‘Here bro’… what’s this now with every second male poxbottle from about 18-27 calling each other ‘here bro’ non fûcking stop ? Also adding an obligatory ’yeah’ to the end of a question….

” here bro, are we going to cinema yeah ? “

” here bro, did you see the match, yeah ? “

“ here bro, do my nipples look big in this, yeah ? “

A couple of ‘here bros’ outside here 5 minutes ago roaring this craic at each other. 😂🫢 You could hear the rattle as they walked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Neighbour’s dog that barks incessantly for hours - absolutely head wrecking. Thinking about putting a note in the letterbox for her to sort it. Drives me and other neighbours insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

You’d kill for a bud nowadays. I suppose you only have to look at the new breed of idols being foisted on them a particular style; over the entire weekend is one thing but you’d think there’s a colour code to be on there n all. Region code, you name it roster reads like a feckin conspiracy but ey young hearts and minds, what can you do…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The adverts at the top of the boards.ie pages. you go to click on my threads and the f*cker is is still loads so you end up clicking on the ad.

Saw a post a few pages back - "people who don't slice cheese straight"

TA - people who leave their prints on the cheese (eeugh 😒) - probably not the same folks who 'don't slice cheese straight' ; as, likely, the ones what don't slice it straight probably use same method as me - ie they likely keep a hold on the wrapper only [so as not to leave prints 😂] , instead of on top of the block 🙂

also TA - there's only one page for 'Followed Threads' (on laptop version anyway) on here - does make it hard/annoying to find t'desired thread if there's a couple of days or so since last post on it,,,, was a lot easier a while back, as nine times out of ten the thread in Q would be in AH - now, it's often 50/50 that the thread could be under the CA category 🙂

Monday morning holy sh!t Johnny Logan hold me now.

I'm staying in the jacks for at least a half hour.

I've moved onto wind beneath my wings in the voice of Ronan Keating now on a loop in my head.

It's going to be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I walked into a garda station (still shaking) to report the reg of an old guy who barrelled at speed the wrong way up a narrow one-way street and clipped the kerb. The guard just looked up at me and told me "you know you're going to have to file a report?" Of course I know, ye dozy twat. Fuk saaaake, I wouldn't have bothered me arse just popping in to casually mention it to whoever was watching You've Been Framed behind the desk 🤦🏻‍♂️

Crime numbers are MASSIVELY under-reported, and it's no bloody wonder why.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Phone numbers that answer to tell you with a recorded voice that they're busy. Instead of using the decades-old standard of a busy tone (which your phone can deal with to auto-redial).

It is what it's.

I specifically buy white cheese 'cos I know mam doesn't like it. She can maul the red with her grubby mitts as much as she likes 🤢

It is what it's.

Web pages that jump and dance around more than the cast of Riverdance. Companies just don't put the effort into an experience that doesn't annoy the hell out of their users. Imagine walking into a physical shop where all the fking lights flicker for a second or two after you walk through the door 🙈

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Does she not realise that red cheddar is just the white stuff with colouring added?

Today's TA is that I am absolutely *allergic* to work today but have stuff to get done. Made worse by the fact that I'm dogsitting in a friend's house and forgot my keyboard. I HATE having to type on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

TA that I’ve watched the new episodes of Only Murders in the Building and now i don’t have any more episodes to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Overalls". FFS! What happened to good, old dungarees?

That seems to be an American thing. To me, overalls are what mechanics and painters wear.

They also call pinafores "jumpers", for reasons known only to themselves.

My TA: having to put make-up on for one poxy Teams call that will probably take less than 15 minutes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Wait... Wasn't your laptop overheating, with the camera on? Could be dangerous... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

George Ezra. Bum diddy bum diddy fcuk right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

TA - inability to delete a post 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to sign in to a site, ' not recognised ' . So I reset the password, eh no it can't be the same password you didn't recognise few minutes ago 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

1) For the last 70 minutes or so my neighbours dogs are going apeshît…got a dog about a year ago, added another a few weeks ago and it’s just a bark-a-thon… 2.45 am now and for the last two hours that I’ve noticed they are out his back barking and howling constantly…

not exactly fair on his closest neighbours.

2) An elderly family member. They are a bit hapless with technology which they admit.. but love having the latest gadgets, phones and apps.

drove 20 kilometres to a business when they failed at sending an email with photos to said business about a problem…but then couldn’t open WhatsApp conversation to show said business the photos so a 20 kilometre trip wasted.

my suggestion was that I’ll email the pics… but no.

Edit : still these fücking dogs !

Local beach was one with one of these dog-walking bans...banned outside of the lifeguard flags.

Found a large quantity of dog sh1t, from more than one dog or a very large dog, a few hundred yards beyond the flags, and the tide coming in to take it out. And this supposed to be one of these blue flag beaches.

Thank you, dog-****.

TA'd at dickhead dog owners ruining everything for the rest of us.

TA at having to be in a packed office (despite the people already out with Covid) and having half of them coughing and spluttering. FFS!!!

Also, it's 14.5⁰C in here and there's a nasty draught brought on by the air conditioning. FFS²!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I went for a cycle the other day, and the one tubby short-arse that I passed on the footpath shouted, red-faced at me : 'They built a cycle lane for ya!' No, they didn't. They painted a line on a few hundred yards of roadway, in the middle of the approx. three kilometers between the previous cycle path, and the protected cycle lane closer to town. I see dozy drivers drift into that 'cycle lane' all the time - there's a reason I'm on the bumpy af footpath.

On my way home on a section where there is no cycle path, I looked over my shoulder while approaching traffic calming to see a lady in a Kia soft roader away in a world of her own, approaching at a speed that would see us both hit the narrow section at the same time. There would have just about been room for both of us, but I braked anyway. I wouldn't have been surprised if despite my high vis. clothing she didn't register I was there and ploughed right through me. Some fella in a lorry didn't see my on my motorcycle yesterday ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

You were breaking the law cause it's illegal to cycle on the path. A guard could have ordered you off it.

I consider a lot of road cycling very dangerous. When the roads have emptied out as during 2008-2011 and covid 2020 then it's fairly safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

One of my cats sits at the backdoor for hours everyday but you'd think she'd move if you're walking through, of course not you've to step over her

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement