Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ZenNature

"Perhaps floating nuclear power plants is a stupid idea "

Ive been fairly patient with the sheer stupidiity of many on here, but theres a limit. This ranks up there with one of the dumbest things I have heard in 2022.

you see this is a fine example of how sometimes the Western mind fed on a diet of whatever the media choose, has lost the ability for long term strategic thinking.

Its a fine example of how often in desperation the Western mind (and many on this thread) loses all objective analysis ability and makes dumb statements simply because they cant face reality.

Perhaps floating nuclear poor plants is a stupid idea..... we are in the midst of a global energy crisis of sorts , energy has become weaponised (hate the word but lets use it here) , and people here thinking the creation of small scale floating power stations that can be moved to remote regions at will is a dumb idea.

Germany is about to cancel the shutting down of 3 nuclear stations, and Germany would like to re-start the 3 nuclear power stations it shut down last year but cant for legal reasons, and someone here thinks the ability to have a floating nuclear power station is a dumb idea.

The IEA International Energy Agency has said that Nuclear is a key part of a green future , and some cretin here thinks Russia building nuclear power station floating platforms is a dumb idea.

The Artic has trillions of minerals in its territory, it will be a terrain that all nations will fight for control of, and as ice melts is opening up to more activity, and Russia has built the worlds first floating nuclear power stations to benefit from this and to bring power to its remote regions and you have to deal with the sheer stupidiity of people here who think being able to bring power a nuclear power station to this region in a short space of time is a dumb idea.

Plus the reactors can also act as de-salination plants, converting sea water to fresh water.. you probably think thats a dumb idea too.

Dude Ive too many posters here that are due a response, I dont have time to respond to everyone, Im going to have to ignore you , your just not worthy of a response, come back in a few years after you have read a few books or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I suppose it could depend on threat perception,as the school bully , if you think you can beat me easliy ,anytime that you choose ,then you don't "need to"

But if I suddenly start taking martial arts classes then there's an onus on the school bully to "teach me a lesson" before I get good enough to fight back ...

Looks like Russia missed it's window for an easy slapdown...

Any deterrent is prob at it's riskiest when it's not quite In place yet ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Do you have the schematics of both a modern washing machine, and Soyuz rockets, including chip designs, and software design to prove it isn’t?

Ahh lads we need to have some kind of test that people need to pass before posting on here. The thread is being filled with the dumbest statements of 2022, one is dumber than the other.

This lad here things the war in Afghanistan didnt impact on people lives in any way whatsoever. Where to start with that one...

I think he needs a holiday send him out to Dublin Airport , tell him to leave early because of the security checks. Some of you will see what I did there, but someone explain to him what I did, I doubt he got it.

Thats wishful thinking to think Russia will be irrelevant.

The ISS Russia-NASA partnership runs out in 2024 . A White House and a NASA spokesperson have stated (even after the war started, open to correction) , that they want to extend this relationship to 2030. Do you think the west will be able to walk away from the ISS , or manage it without Russian cooperation. Sure the West could adapt and mange the ISS by themselves from a technical viewpoint, but if they dont get Russian cooperation how can they do that.

The west has been heavily reliant on Russia space tech, particulariy the Soyuz rocket for payload delivery, and the loss of Russian tech is putting a stop/halt/interrupt to some western space programs. .

OneWeb is building a broadband constellation that will initially consist of 648 satellites. More than 420 of them have reached orbit to date, all on Russian-built Soyuz rockets operated by France-based company Arianespace. OneWeb missions have launched from Baikonur, Vostochny Cosmodrome in Russia's Far East 

For example, Europe recently announced that its life-hunting Mars rover Rosalind Franklin will no longer launch atop a Russian Proton rocket and land on a Russian-built platform, as previously planned — moves that will likely push the rover's liftoff back six years, to 2028. Russia is no longer selling Russian-made rocket engines to American companies, and Soyuz rockets aren't flying out of Europe's Spaceport in French Guiana as they once did.

You should pay more attention to whats happening in the space industry and less to what the media spin you .

Of course the Russian space industry has been impacted, but I think its too early to claim its demise. A bit like it was too early to say their army was ajoke, or their economy would collapse. They are a resilient people, doesnt anyone pay attention to history anymore.

• Advertisement

" Suddenly its The EU is still buying Russia fuel and lads here are worried about if Russia can make a washing machine "

I know its hard for dumb people to keep tabs on fast moving events.

Nothing sudden about it, IVe been saying the EU is buying Russian fuel from the beginning. Some people who are in the same camp of ignorance as you think that makes me a putin bot.

I didnt bring up the washing machine, some other poster hear brought them into the conversation I was replying to a poster who implied Russia was screwed as they could not get parts for washing machines.

Try to keep up and pay attention.

" On China

As for the alternative offered by China for the Russian economy, in reality it remains limited, especially for high-tech products. To date, the Chinese government, which is very dependent on its exports to developed countries, has not assisted Russia in circumventing Western sanctions. Chinese exports to Russia have fallen in line with those of Western countries.

"

Yep China is a honest broker in all of this and clearly has a long record of never doing any dodgy deals to sell stuff to a nation which the west has turned against.

I guess people really do believe everything their leaders in the West tell them.

I know Russia is full of propaganda, I know Ukraine is full of propaganda, and I know the EU and the West is also full of it.

I guess most people here are too afraid to contemplate a world where they would have to face the reality their Western leaders feed them alot of bs propaganda to make them feel good.

You can talk all you want about US exploits if it has context to the discussion.

The discussion we were having was how Russian tech industry is doomed without Western access, Im just pointing out they have managed in the past, will probably manage again in the future, illegal traders will ship them stuff, they already lead the west in some tech advancments, come to think of it the crypto market crash will lead to a glut of chips on the market do you really believe they wont get their hands on some of that, and yes they will be left short in many other tech areas. A resourceful people with alot of money , last time I checked thats how the world worked, people with money could get things legally or illegally, just the way it is.

So Im not sure where pointing out the US is tech advanced comes into that discussion, but then thankfully Im not as dumb as you.

equating gas prices, grain shortages etc with putting your liquids in a bag

facepalm

Comical "we are winning the economic war " Ali is back - (yep finally got it right, maybe a bit of dyslexia or head trauma from rugby who knows, who cares)

So Comical Ali Minister of information for Russia cant make washing machines , wants us to think Russia cant survive from a technical viewpoint.

This is the same Russia that sells its Soyuz rockets to the West as well as delivered 420 satelites for Arianespace ONEWEB program. And the ESA will have to delay their launch to Mars because of loss of Russian tech.

So Ive never denied Russia wont be impacted by Western tech sanctions , but to call its demise, well thats just stupidity. Same mistake was made when posters here said the army was useless (who holds Luhansk folks) , same stupidity that said the economy would collapse (another 500million euro today on its way from the EU) . Lives are at stake , billions of lives are being impacted and idiots here think some tweet shows their army is useless so dont worry, and another idiot and often the same ones thinks oh they cant get parts for washing machines so they are rightly fuked , and the same stupid idiots think their economy is fked even though the may liklely have a 200 billion surplus this year.

History has shown them to be a resourceful people. Its also showing us how stupid the vast amount of posters here are.

OneWeb is building a broadband constellation that will initially consist of 648 satellites. More than 420 of them have reached orbit to date, all on Russian-built Soyuz rockets operated by France-based company Arianespace. OneWeb missions have launched from Baikonur, Vostochny Cosmodrome in Russia's Far East 

For example, Europe recently announced that its life-hunting Mars rover Rosalind Franklin will no longer launch atop a Russian Proton rocket and land on a Russian-built platform, as previously planned — moves that will likely push the rover's liftoff back six years, to 2028. Russia is no longer selling Russian-made rocket engines to American companies, and Soyuz rockets aren't flying out of Europe's Spaceport in French Guiana as they once did.

• Advertisement

I knew his level of stupidity would not get it. My soft side had hoped maybe there was something going on between the ears. Im too nice sometimes.

The man who claims the War in Afghanistan had no impact on peoples lives, doesnt understand how airport security, the travel industry has been changed irrevocably since and partly due to that war in Afghanistan .

The war in Afghanistan changed our lives for ever, and impacts us everyday still, some small, some inconvenient, some big, some unseen, you just dont know it cos you may have been dropped on the head as a baby .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

This thread is absolutely infected with Russian supporting tripe.

" Another popular one is that Russian oil is being transferred in the middle of the ocean to get around sanctions. Yep. "

So two types of posters here, one is a glaringly stupid type, the only a mother could love em type with their a washing machine is more complex than a Soyuz rocket posts.

The other is a more subtle style of stupidity. They make the longer posts hoping that by sheer volume of sophistry their ignorance will be masked.

So yep BLOOMBERG REPORTS RUSSIAN OIL IS BEING TRANSFERRED AT SEA IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT .

So you see folks, Comical Ali being a mod with 30k posts just means theres a high chance theres 30k plus of rubbish out there on this forum , all with a stamp of approval from the top. I love that your signoff says "If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are. " , at least you know where you sit in that equation .

I know FACTS hurt both the brain and the heart strings, especially for people of poor intellect as they cant dis-associate emotions from actions ,

the FACTS are Rusisan oil is bypassing sanctions as I have stated . Its been my expereince to best face FACTS and REALITIES , put aside thinking someone who states a fact is a Putin bot, and address the issue rather than thinking ignoring it will solve it.

Russian Oil Disappears as Tankers Go Dark Near Azores

• Unseen ship-to-ship transfers take place in mid-Atlantic
    • Some eastbound cargoes are also starting to vanish mid-voyage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The Apollo spacecraft had less processing power than a pocket calculator. Also its not the rocket that is going to remotely electronically complex, they are very, very simple things. Their engineering is difficult and needs to be to a higher spec but while it is not the world's greatest comparison, Russia's ability to have and launch rockets has nothing to do with their inability to mass manufacture the kind of electronics needed for day-to-day life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

It's really getting to you that the mighty Russians cannot make a washing machine

It's the first war in history where a peaceful country was invaded for a kitchen appliance

If Russia had just asked the west for washing machines western countries after initial bewilderment would I'm sure have come up with some kind of plan to help and maybe even threw in a few boxes of persil

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You realize when the Americans were in Afghanistan the Taliban did run to the literal mountains? It was when they left that the taliban came back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Stolen or not stolen grain? Depends on your perspective it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I did wonder about that. You'd never be able to trace grain that arrives in Syria but it should be possible to randomly test batches found in Turkey. And that would prove 100% that the grain has been stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

That's the spirit, you have lots of important "work" to do.

It must be exciting, opening up your daily brief each day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Morning shift started?

Well Moscow is two hours ahead, though unless they're an early bird probably the next timezone over. If they are more local they really have the bit between their teeth for the motherland.

It's really getting to you that the mighty Russians cannot make a washing machine

Yep. Weak points are easy to spot; either they're avoided like the very plague if indefensible, or they repeat the curated spin in the grey areas and in the end when others don't entirely buy into that narrative they get rattled and lash out. So now we're all glaringly stupid and dumb and only a mother could love us for pointing out the obvious and demonstrable that Mother Russia can't make a modern washing machine, or iphone, or laptop, or pretty much anything else that uses current even ten year old technology without external help. The very device they're using to try and spin the spin is an almost entirely "western" device on an almost entirely "western" platform across an almost entirely "western" network in concept, design and production technology. Now it's pretty much a given Russian programmers for example were and are in that mix, but it's also pretty much a given the vast majority were in that mix outside Mother Russia as part of the brain drain that left.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Elon Musk rubs his hands with glee... I can see NASA getting a few extra quid now too. Highups in NASA and the US government and military were not happy at all that they dropped the ball on this and worse were relying on Russia of all people. Everyone on all sides was hopeful back in the 90's and into the 00's that cooperation in space would pave the way for more trust and mutual benefit, but putin just screwed that pooch for the foreseeable future. Space Race II looks to have kicked off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Annnnd they're gone. A pity in one way as they gave an insight into Russian thinking, though I have found it's always the same bullet points. That stuff works quite well on platforms like twitter, but rapidly falls apart in longform on platforms like forums.

"Well Moscow is two hours ahead, though unless they're an early bird probably the next timezone over. If they are more local they really have the bit between their teeth for the motherland."

Well, we know O/T has been cancelled. Must be eagerness or pushing for promotion - Might be a spot opening up in the UK propaganda office. But, keep making the obvious 'russian bot' misstep and he could end up typing the daily menu for some gulag in Siberia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I think its oft times a lot easier to believe that everyone who comes on spouting aspects of Russian propaganda is a "Russian bot" but the reality is that there is a significant portion of society who have decided that Western governments are simply wrong by default and their ideology just drives them to find any and all reason to look at this from a Russian perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

There is that. And I suspect ZenNature is just a crank or attention seeker, but as Wibbs pointed out he's one of the "better" ones. It's also a bit of fun to consider them a Putin Bot (and I wouldn't entirely rule it out either) such is their total commitment to the Russian centric view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

To be absolutely fair though, Zen turned me around regarding my naive bias against floating nuclear power plants.

After all, if they malfunction they can be rowed back to the necessary infrastructure and emergency response facilities before they sink.

What could possibly go wrong ???

"That Not Mistake" - "That Russian Solution"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I see Russia are now starting to make prisoners go fight. Running out of citizens to sacrifice ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement