Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Indeed, the Wicklow mtns - they can make our day inland here at times when the east to southeast flow gets going.

A more humid day in South Laois today. Temperatures got to just over 19c. A slight drizzle shower this evening too, but some limited spells of sunshine followed on. Felt milder for longer into the late evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

Grey and about 14°C here in Cork City... hope we get some sunshine soon.. could do with some.. doesn't have to be hot.. I just need the light

Another grey sky morning. It’s a brighter shade of grey for those who are optimistic.

Mild with temperatures of over 15c, and it only got down to just below 14c overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Breezy, light rain, low dense cloud, 14° on the West Coast, sunshine must be near zero since Saturday afternoon 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Grey.

Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Will the warmer weather on its way feature any sunshine or just cloudy and warm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain last night followed by thick grey cloud today. I miss the Sun. Vitamin D tablets today.

Min here was 15.2c

Suns out now and it's a breezy 17c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Grey again though 1c warmer. At least only 3 days till Saturday (our weekly 3 hours of sunshine).

Maybe the kids birthday on July 24th will work its magic. The days around that have generally been our warmest in the past decade.

OMG, another damp, dreary and drizzly day. Summer, what summer. It's really affecting my mood :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I hear people heading away to Europe in July and getting temps of 30+ and blazing sunshine. Honestly I could not handle those temps. Horrific. I'd get nothing done unless it involved being under water. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either (Aircon on full-time would keep me awake🙂). Do people really enjoy 30+ or is it a bit Emperor's new clothes? I have lived in hot countries and the heat takes ages to get used to - not for me longterm.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Love temps of 30 degrees and if it gets a bit too hot I sit in the shade.

another dull overcast breezy morning. I couldn’t really say if it’s mild or not. I’ve the same clothes on me as I had all through the winter and spring so that probably tells me all I need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

They'll have to make a new movie about Summer 2022. 50 shades of Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Niall145

Not just summer, the entire year! 350 shades of grey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭HBC08

I know there's been some notorious bad summers over the past 20 years or so like 2007,2012 and others I see mentioned,I was abroad for most of those so not affected.

I have to say this summer the weather has really depressed me.Another wet,grey and cold morning in the west,rain hammering off the windows and the heat on each evening for the last few evenings.We haven't had a good June since 2018 but we're well into July and it feels like November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Yet another grey and gloomy day, today I'm in Dublin. Very breezy too which is making the already cool temperature of only 17/18° feel even cooler. Hopefully this will be the last day of the autumnal type weather most of us have had to endure for what seems like an endless period of time.

@Cluedo Monopoly, I certainly am one of those people who loves temperatures into the 30's along with blazing sunshine and preferably little or no wind. As mentioned, I'll be in Nice for a week from Sunday, in a lovely villa in the hills overlooking the sea and the city. Have not been there before but from what I can tell, the locality looks to have a bit of a micro climate, probably associated with the nearby mountain ranges. Although temperatures in many parts of France look like they could get into the 40's next week, it seems to hover around the 30° in the area in and around Nice which for me, is almost the Goldilocks temperature during the day (32° with low humidity is perfection for me). Above about 36/37°, it begins to get a bit too hot for lying out in the sun and the shade needs to be seeked out every now and then. Beyond about 40° and the pool and the shade become my friend.

So yeah, I'm definitely a warm blooded creature, I blame the small bit of Italian background in me for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Latest GFS has the Greenland flow back from next Tuesday, looks quite wet, cool and windy for the middle two weeks of July, basically same as last few weeks, unbelievable stuff, hope it is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely breezy sunny day here, Wicklow mountains breaking up the clouds nicely. Currently 21.7C in Loughlinstown.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Cluedo we are in Lanzorate at the moment and it's probably the best sun holiday I've been on temperature wise for me.

It's about 27 everyday but that's accompanied by a cool breeze and at night there is nearly a bit of a chill🤣.

You can actually sit in sun here for a while and not collaspe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There is great uncertainty about next week as we are on a knifesedge between things staying warm and settled or things turning rather cool and unsettled. GFS brings the cool weather in early next week and the ECM tries to bring it in from Wednesday. Either way this upcoming warm spell looks relatively short lived with next week looking like a mess to try and figure out.

Currently it's looking like Monday and Tuesday should be decent, then cooler and unsettled for Wednesday into Thursday followed by a possible 24 hour warm spike and then back to cool and unsettled.

Post edited by Gonzo on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Highdef, dont come to Lanzorate you would hate the wind 😉

Nice is fab, I was there years ago love that long walk along the promenade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Another very breezy day up here in Donegal. With temperatures not getting much above 14c most days it makes it feel very cold up here.

Seems to be a feature for us this year, we seem to be getting the tip of the jet stream, where more southern counties are not seeing as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭squarecircles

wrist slitting weather in west mayo, unending grey feautureless stratus misery pumping in, damp drizzle and wind. leaves crumpled and brown, falling off the trees, vegetation wilted and black.Hard to adjust after returning from the mainland. What it does focus your mind on though is what a complete dive this country is - the culture,climate,infrastruture,urban built envoirments, public realms, everything grotty, cheap, unmaintained, ugly and shoddy capped off with slate grey skies.

looking foward to leaving again sharpish.

Post edited by squarecircles on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

If someone was to take 2 weeks off work to just chill out at home and get some work done around the garden, would it be better to take the last 2 weeks in July or the last week of July/first week of August based on current guidance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

That is very difficult to answer. At the moment everything past this Monday is completely up in the air with every option on the table. The second half of July anything is possible at this stage. The last two weeks of July will likely see some very warm weather but also some cool and unsettled conditions at times with temperatures see sawing for the rest of the month. A fair chance the first week of August will be unsettled as an unsettled August is as easy to predict as a mild Christmas Day.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

22.0c atm and sunny in Greystones. Nice.

19C currently in Dunshaughlin and very cloudy, not a hint of sunshine. I am hoping some breaks in the clouds will appear during the afternoon. The main problem over the next 4 days will be the cloud and trying to get breaks in the cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Dark grey windy pish Cork City.

We may have our usual half an hour of sunshine between 5 pm - 7pm

Advertisement