Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Murders in the Building - Hulu - Steve Martin & Martin Short

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've only read a few but the reviews seem positive for S2 so far. "More of the same" seems to be the worst anyone has said, and I'd be perfectly happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, early reviews I've seen allude to the central mystery being a little underwhelming but the interplay between the core three continues to be the shows strong point. Sounds good to be.

There's 2 eps on Disney + here this morning. Is it the same situation as last season where the US is an episode ahead?

If it is can anyone posting keep that in mind when posting about episodes. A few things were spoiled last season by people watching at US pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved the remake recasting gag of Brazzos just perfect on the morden day remakes/reboots.

Also the Amy Schumer pitch for an over long streaming series based on a short podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cara Delevingne really is putting me off fully enjoying it she just cannot act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Agreed...absolutely awful - let's hope she isn't in it much going forward.

Amy Schumer by contrast was a really good fit (she was a bit of a revelation in Life & Beth)

Only watched episode 1 of the new series and it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

That kiss. I hope it is not leading somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

Same, just watched first episode. I was afraid it might not work, but a promising opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

Just watched Esp 2. Excellent so far.

It's looking like this isn't the case this year which will help with spoiler avoidance.

• Advertisement

I was ready to switch off when Schumer appeared. Decided to let it run on but then the scene with Delevigne in the gallery put me over the edge. I'll probably wait til the season is over and see if it's worth my while going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I have to agree that the additions of Schumer and Delavigne have done nothing for me. The best bit about this show is the main three and their mismatched chemistry. So far we're still getting plenty of it but they really shouldn't try to separate them especially Gomez, she's by far the weakest actor and my least favourite of the main 3.

Watched the new eps there this afternoon and I don't see anything wrong with the new additions. If anyone was likely to turn me off it would be Michael Rappaport doing his usual shtick, but thankfully he was only in the opening scenes.

Schumer, who I'm not a fan of generally, seems to be playing an over the top version of herself and I think she works really well with Oliver.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I really enjoyed Shirley MacLaine in it and this interview is great. She has a great character, something you don't get too much of with interviews with modern 'film stars' I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I thought Delevingne was an ok actress in Carnival Row so willing to give her a chance here. Unfortunately I don't think it is a good idea to pair her with Selena Gomez who is the weakest of the three main actors.

Really don't understand the Schumer and Delevingne negativity. The former is little more than the Sting replacement and I'm not expecting her to be too involved going forward. The latter doesn't seem to be any worse than the Gomez love interest from last season. Maybe the stunt casting brings a little more scrutiny but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Yeah the love interest of the selena gomez character was the most forgettable character of last season.

And he was actually part of the wider plot too.

Really enjoyed the Bunny episode. It was a bit sad actually but S1 level of good. Is it relevant, do we think, that CdlV was named in the end credits even though she wasn't in the episode? 🤔 Amy Schumer wasn't credited in this one? Maybe I'm reaching.

I guess Cara D must be in more episodes than amy schumer. Given the art element of the crime would it be a stretch to imagine she may be the murderer. Though it would be alot like season 1 if that was the case with a new love interest being the killer.

• Advertisement

That was what I was implying with my question, quite poorly reading it back.

We didn't see her in this week's episode, as far as we know, but we did see an unidentified person attack Bunny at the end?

I'm pretty sure Stranger Things made a mistake this season by including someone's name in the credits of an early episode when we didn't really see them until 3 or 4 episodes in, and so I assumed they were playing the one character whose face we couldn't see, and I was right, but it spoiled the big reveal a little.

So now I'm wondering if it's whats happened here too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I didn't read the credits but I was thinking along the same lines due to the art element anyway. Does it really matter? The mystery is not the big draw for this programme, IMO it is the three main characters and the comedy of it all. Martin Short was so good in the episode, as you said @TICKLE_ME_ELMO series 1 level good :)

Yes, fair point. I forgot that the who done it isn't really the point and figuring it out before the characters do could spoil a lot of the fun. So forget I said anything!

Oh I wasn't giving out just pointing out that even if it pans out that way, it won;t ruin it (for me anyway) as I enjoy all of the characters and their interactions :)

I know you weren't giving out. Didn't mean to imply you were 😄 we're all on the same page, don't worry

Excellent. I'm enjoying the one episode a week, it makes a nice change to binge watching.

Actually I though the mystery killer in the first season was quite clever. I think its a red herring here, like perhaps the person who initially attacked Bunny is not the murderer.

Same. Most of the things I'm really enjoying lately are one episode a week. I think it's been mentioned a few times in the Netflix thread that it might be a solution to their subscriber problem. It also just makes conversation around a show better, I think, when people have more time to get to the episode and think/talk about it before a new one airs. I think the binge, while sometimes fun, is partly responsible for the decline in critical thinking that's become so prevalent lately.

Echo all of the above. That was a cracking episode of TV, even with the core 3 being on the fringes for most of it.

The weekly release schedule was always one of the big pluses to this show. I hadn't realised it's available on a Tuesday, for some reason I thought it was Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement