Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car crash on Castleknock Rise (Wednesday 29 June)

Options
  • 30-06-2022 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

Around 2pm on Wednesday 29 June there was a crash on Castleknock Rise near Scoil Thomais.

I was going by around 2:45 and the ambulance, Gardai and Fire Brigade were still there.

It looked like a car crashed into parked car (the white VW Golf). It may have crashed into the navy Lexus but I can't figure out how it ended up in the middle of the road, perpendicular to the other two.

I heard that a woman was taken away in an ambulance (maybe there was another one there earlier because the one I saw took ages to leave).

The damage to each car was surprisingly significant for a road with a 30km/h limit.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That looks like very serious damage for a residential street with a 30 km/h limit.

I hope those involved weren't hurt too badly.

Given the intensity of the crash, I wonder if drink and/or drugs were involved and if the car - presumably speeding - was on the run from somewhere or someone? Any children playing at that spot wouldn't have stood a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

A neighbour of ours was walking by at the time. The car sped around the roundabout near the creche and then was flying down Castleknock Rise. It hit the speed ramps at speed and lost control and crashed into two parked cars. Very lucky no one was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

What an idiot speeding around that roundabout. The amount of kids around there. Creche, primary school, community centre, football court, etc. Lucky no one was killed. It's a small enough roundabout. I'd wonder was the driver trying to skip the traffic heading down towards Centra and beat it by coming out at the C.Vale exit.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 82,582 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like the XC40 was the only active car, no airbags gone off in any of the others.

Advertisement