Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I tend to agree too. We have pretty much zero in the way of real alternatives to vote for(and no, complete eejits like the national party were never a choice). All the parties are on the same page with this politic. There isn't one that is even suggesting a wider debate on it, never mind any changes to policy. It's Hobson's choice. That's never good for a society.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

If the nationalist party dropped the religious/ anti abortion stuff, and got rid of that tosspot in charge they might actually get a lot off support.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Spitting and throwing bottles at people, they should be sent back to whatever sh1thole they crawled out of but of course that won't happen here when we have a Justice Minister who thinks its great if there are no deportations.

These politician's are living on a completely different planet to you or I

Yup, the time for action has long since passed.

Maybe I'm overly cynical, but once I started looking at the world from the POV that people are 90% arseholes (weird biology) it's really made life an awful lot easier. On top of that it's finally starting to look like the environment has tipped over. I don't want to make this a climate change thing but even if you assume the environment is the same the building and development patterns will continue to lead to great and great disasters. 4+ million made homeless in India a few weeks ago and barely a blip on the radar. Africa's population is continuing to explode and they won't be hanging around with no food or infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I dunno I'm sure if it was their gaff they would be moved on fairly Sharpish. Was there not some idiots outside some td's house sometime with a banner they got short shrift.

There are regular deportations. The data is published on an annual basis and has been put up on this thread a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

A lot is going to hinge on whether Sinn Fein get in next election. I've said it here before but an awful lot of people still think SinnFein are a Nationalist party, so what do they do when they get in? Accelerate the plantation or look to curb it to placate the working classes and keep the "nationalist" vote.

Not half enough of them.

Here we reward people who overstay and play the system, we are seen as a soft mark welfare country especially by those coming from Africa.

Sinn Fein aren't Nationalist, they're populist. They still have some of the old hallmarks of their roots like throwing stuff down the memory hole when the Russians turn out to actually be the bad guys but they're well past having any real policies or principles.

• Advertisement

We're fecked all ways with whoever gets in, just probably fecked even more if Sinn take charge

We know what they are, but a lot of their base that aren't politically aware still think they are SinnFein of old who will fight for Ireland and the Irish people first.

So if/when they do get in there's no hiding or hurling from the ditches anymore. They will be there to be judged on what they do. If they allow current levels of immigration to continue they absolutely will only serve one term.

And that's when if there was a credible nationalist or right wing party they would pick up a lot of votes. But again as was pointed out nothing short of a landslide victory would suffice.

The game is rigged.

The only way out of this is for the European people to go absolutely feral and get rid of the traitors that are supposed to be serving them. It's not too fanciful to think that with how unstable things are going to get in the next decades that it might happen.

French army generals have already spoke of this recently. And if that happens in one nation theres a high possiblity of it spreading, Arab Spring style.

SF have an even more liberal take on the migrant issue than FF/FG, in fact they would be on much the same lines as Labour, the Soc Dems and the Greens on it.

And apart from that they won't do any favours for middle income earners if they get their hands on the levers of power, expect to see the welfare spend shoot up and we all know who has to foot the bill for it.

They have that take on immigraton at the moment but like all scumbag politicians they can pivot if there are votes to be had. Possibly they could slow it down but its not gonna be reversed.

Their older support is nationalist but most younger people I know who would be for them would be for PBP or one of the other TLA parties otherwise, all of whom have even more liberal immigration policies and are proud of it. Sinn Fein's older support is a small part of their overall support these days.

Helen McEntee has a lot to answer for. She will think very differently if she gives birth to a daughter this time. We have no idea who we are importing, we no longer know anyone, the faces , voices and languages in all our towns are more foreign now than Irish. I feel incredibly sad , angry and worried about this. Irish men were absolutely lambasted by everyone, every politician, every woman's group, every woman when Aisling Murphy was murdered. We were told to talk to our husbands and brothers. Yet when it was discovered it was a non-national, non -Irish person, someone with darker skin suddenly all talk was shut down. No apologies were given to the decent Irish men that were insulted and to be avoided a week earlier!

So Helen McEntee can virtue signal all she likes, she can go on TikTok, turn up at every photo op shaking hands with groups of refugees, she can bring in all sorts of legislation regarding domestic abuse for women, yet she can openly welcome day after day after day thousands of people into this country who will require social welfare and housing, who wont learn the language or integrate and who's culture and background and moral standards are vastly different to ours. God help anyone who has daughters or grand-daughters, I am frightened for the future in this country. Our government only care about what our international profile looks like, they should hang their heads in shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

Helen called it "Irelands next chapter" and to bring their culture with them...of course they could have looked over at the UK were these bogus asylum seekers are doing the exact same thing in the towns they've been moved to.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

https://twitter.com/AbolishDirect/status/1544279501344997377

The AbolishDirect account representing DirectProvision residents gets a lot of play in the Irish media.

Their response to report of sexual molestation of 14 yr old #Kinnegad schoolgirl..

"Did you set up a welcoming committee?"

we'll see how Helen McEntee feels in 15 years time if she has a daughter wanting to out to the local town, go to discos, meet friends, go for a walk in the local park or by the local river, have a few drinks and tell her mum she's getting a lift home or a taxi. That fear as parents we all had (God love our innocence) when our kids went out as teenagers, then it was only local lads from the school or from the school bus home they'd be bumping into, all lads they knew and as parents we knew their families too. That's all disappearing. We won't know what's hit us in 10 years time in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

Minister McEntee won't care one single iota about anything that concerns ordinary decent Irish people. She is gated off, her gold plated pension, salary and position of subservience to outside asset management authorities will allow her and her family to believe they can exist without having to deal with the myriad of concerns and issues that concern ordinary Irish people. This is a serious problem. Looking towards any politician for any sort of solution is completely futile because every single one of them, both current and potential is looking for the exact same thing McEntee currently is engaged in. Politicians are an extreme example of the poison of apex individualism combined with apex materialism. This has been the case for the last 40 years. It is too late to hope that politicians, any of them, are going to look out for our community. 40 Years ago they gave away their power, but at the same time they have completely fooled everyone into believing they still have some vestige of it. And they have completely fooled everyone because we still pay their ridiculous outlandish salaries and pensions. We pay it so they can exist in a world far far removed from ours, while they make decisions that do not benefit our world whatsoever, only the world of corporations, asset management agencies and NGO's, entities that these same greedy politicians hope will pay them even further salaries and positions once they get sick of pretending they are somehow "working for us"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

More people need to open their eyes and realise that politicians really don't give a **** about you. They don't give a **** about you at all. They will lie through their teeth every election campaign to make you believe they are listening and that they "care" about what you have to say.

But they don't give a ****. You are just a peon; an inconvenience that forces them to hold their nose when they talk to you, every election cycle.

Corporate interests, NGO's and Supranational bodies will have more influence on them then you or I will ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

Helen won't give a flying f uck. Her kids will never attend a school where large numbers of kids speak no English. Her kids won't have to compete for anything with the 'new Irish'. She will be sitting pretty in her McMansion in leafy rural Meath, far far away from Direct Provison centres and oversubscribed schools where English speaking kids get a second rate education because too many kids don't speak English.

Helen and her kind don't care how many or how bad the people she allows in are. She and her family will never be directly impacted by them. Take a look at every single one of these citizenship ceremonies, the vast majority of faces are black. The Lagos express babies are making their presence known and it ain't good. The Indo were running a puff piece with that young black woman who is on Nationwide these days, the girl was describing herself as a 'little girl from Clare', she's no more a little girl from Clare than I'm a little girl from Nigeria.

Their qualifications are inferior which is why they have to do extra courses when they get here. As far as I'm aware Africa has a huge shortage of doctors, maybe these lads and ladies should be at home helping there. Anyway, there seems to be no shortage of 'highly qualified African doctors' coming in from Ukraine on refugee visas. They were studying there and our govenrment decided they were entitled to refugee status along with pretty much anyone who claims to be a Ukrainian refugee. Shure it would be racist to point out the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2022-02-08/563/

'' There are currently 3,692 people in the section 3 process under the Immigration Act 1999, subject to a notification of intention to deport. This figure includes those people who have applied to have their deportation order revoked.''

I don't see any recent data only this statement in February from the Minister she has avoided the issue on how many are actually deported . The amnesty , those with revoked orders , self deportation means very few are actually deported . ''

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

I came in Ireland When I was 17years, I’m still dangerous fck around you’ll figure out. 1 man mission

We need mass deportations. The asylum centres need to be emptied and these scrotes need to be sent back. We are importing some serious scum. Unfortunately, we have plenty of our own homegrown variety. No need to import more.

Close the borders and opt out of the asylum convention. It is purely a means to circumvent our immigration laws. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I swear; these progressives is it any wonder this “hellbound” headcase dedicates her existenz to all of this rubbish? ..not my kind of hellraiser same people who would have told you evil is a religious construct some folk just want to watch our world turned; on its fecking head give them more than enough rope as we’re doing here and they’ll hang themselves and all of us with it.

why would they want to do that though? These people are not contributing to society and are costing us billions to house and pay social welfare to.... €3B set aside for next year, just for Ukrainians..... so what about the people coming in their droves from Somalia, Yemen and the other Africian countries will be hot on their heels?

Why would our Government want to import so many people that they know they will have to support here? What is in it for the Irish Government? Its not like these people will all be working in Pfizer and Google and paying huge tax to support the Irish economy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

There was some economist on telly yesterday discussing the country's finances. The corporation tax take this year has increased massively from last year never mind a decade ago. Only for the jump we would be in the red this year. It is by no means going to go in one direction permanently.

We are importing people that'll never pay their way n spending billions upon billions on it. The housing crisis would be non existent without them. When the golden goose of corporation tax croaks it these lads are going nowhere. Where else will they get Xmas bonuses on the dole, autumn bonus this year etc etc.

Way past time for a new political party to represent working people in Ireland who's kids will be emigrating when this place goes bang again.

• Advertisement

We've had 5000 others apart from the Ukrainians so far this year, we are on our way to exceeding the 12,000 a year we've had in the past apparently, according to various media sources. I don't know why Brussels wants to flood Europe with them. They mostly won't work, the statistics for employment among African migrants to Europe bears that out across the board. They'll be dependent on welfare support, they'll have large families who will mirror our own cradle to grave welfare recipients. They are a drain on resources that we don't have.

Advertisement