Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Disputing a warning

Options
  • 28-06-2022 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

I received a warning for this post on June 8th.

If you're unfamiliar with the Russia/Ukraine thread, you'll find I was labelled a putinbot, russian shill, asked if I was paid in roubles, called comrade etc ever since I started posted because of how I viewed things in the war. For example, if I said Putin invaded Ukraine because he's fearful of NATO, then I was called a Putinbot. I did not endorse Putin or anything of that kind, I openly condemed it all the way through.

But still, any time I gave my view of the situation, people seemed to think I was endorsing it. Just like someone stating how they see Roy Keanes horror tackle on Haaland. Saying he tackled him for a taunt previously doesn't mean I endorse Keane making that tackle.

So, along comes Angela Merkel, who says the she was against Ukraine joining NATO because she didn't want to stoke tensions with Russia.

So I come into the thread asking all those who labelled me, if Angela Merkel is also a putinbot or on the Russia payroll.The

The mod jonnyskeleton then gave me a warning saying I was blatantly trolling.

I couldn't believe it. When I questioned it I was told there was many warnings about it given on previous pages. Now this thread has over 6k posts and is a fast moving thread. How can users be expected to read every single post made in a thread? I actually couldn't find a warning in the thread, I searched.

I also asked the mod to tell me where the warnings were posted. I received no response at all.

There is no warning in the thread title or the post number 1.

And I just also want to point out that users are still making similar comments. One of the most recent posts in that thread starts with "The Donbas is calling." The mod clearly saw this as they posted a couple of posts later banning the user who the comment was directed to. The same user is posting Russian replies as if the user is Russian.

Comment here from the same day I got the warning, calling people comrades - no warning.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@ancapailldorcha If you could please review.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Then the official mods list has a bad entry, I'll sort that later.

Enough time has passed, I've marked this for admin attention.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, you were banned from the Russia thread in Current Affairs for persistent low level trolling

Since then you have posted in the Ukraine thread in Politics

Looking at your posts there I can see a similar pattern of playing up the Russian angle and playing down the Ukrainian one. I would have thought you would have learned your lesson - clearly not

I am upholding this warning, but will add some further comments

You record on this site since the platform changeover has been abysmal. You have picked up 17 warning points in 2022 alone. Your record on the previous platform was no better

When you were allowed back on this site after multiple previous bannings there was an expectation your behaviour would improve. That has not happened and indeed you have gone backwards. And that is when you have not even had access to the forum which caused you most problems on the previous platform

So I am now setting out a condition for your continued access to this site. If you pick up a single pointed sanction over the next 3 months your permanent siteban will be re-imposed

Resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement