Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what mains cable do I need

Options
  • 06-07-2022 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have an old cottage with a builders supply connected to an outside meter box from which I run the odd plug for tools or kettle or lights. Intend to get full electrical job on interior done but can't afford until next year. Still on early contruction but I want to insulate/seal up/plaster some internal walls now. While doing that, I'd like to run a mains cable through to where new fuse board will be in the future, so I don't have to pull the walls apart later. What type of cable do I need - the run from meter to new fuseboard will be about 50-60ft and it'll end up being a four bed house of <250 m sq. I'll just be leaving it unconnected until I get a sparks so don't need any safety advice - just cable specs. And where can I buy such a cable??? thanks for any suggestions...

Comments

Advertisement