Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

I'd say it is just pot luck really for me that time. They upped their prices massively and bord gais had good ev plan (at the time, not now though) so jumped across to them. Got charged the 50e charge with the final bill but turned out was two months free electricity, free Google nest hub and cheque. Expected them to keep the remaining credit and was shocked few weeks later when the cheque with the credit arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes it all comes from the same pot but doesn't end up in the same pocket.

The tax credit could be well spread out and could cover other green improvements also. It wouldn't be any near as easy for the pv companies to price gouge with this system.

The homeowner might end up with some of the saving going that way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Reminds me of the time I left Bord Gais, before I left I applied a few hundred euros of Tesco vouchers so they paid them back to me in cash, then I enjoyed a year fixed monthly electricity with the crowd that subsequently left the market, effectively had free EV charging during long commute year

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Justenergy 😂

I enjoyed a year of unlimited electricity with them too for a fixed price of €720 for the year. And they were so incompetent that they only ever charged me half of that 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

We're writing to you as a participant of the Electric Ireland Microgeneration Pilot.

ESB Networks intend to call to your premises in order to assess whether your current electricity meter is eligible for exchange to a smart meter to better facilitate your transition to the Government-led Microgeneration Support Scheme.

The Commission for Regulation of Utilities has indicated that where technically feasible, a smart meter is required in order to participate in the Government-led Microgeneration Support Scheme.

Once eligibility is confirmed, ESB Networks will carry out the meter exchange and your transition to the Microgeneration Support Scheme will commence,

Electric Ireland will contact you with more details on the Microgeneration Support Scheme once we have more information but please be assured that we will endeavor to ensure continuity of microgen payment while we transition our microgen customers from this Electric Ireland pilot to the Government-led, Microgeneration Support Scheme.

For more information on smart meters, please visit ESB Networks.

lookslike i will have to change to smart meter. Even though i have one thats not recognised , and it has a modem with Ariel , they still read it manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

What lib do u use to get it to display those tables ?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Looks like you've the same as me, an import/export meter which was required for the microgeneration pilot of .09c per unit

You could refuse a smart meter espically if you have day/night tariff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

Only problem with that is that cru already stated that a refusal of smart meter will mean a non payment of fit. Now in saying that I would try to defer it as long as possible without outright refusing it

I'd wait and see, would not like to give up the day/night meter for 2022 FIT rates and then in 2023 FIT rates drop to the floor, I do not trust these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Did I read somewhere that an estimated payment of FIT would be made to people who didn't have smart meters fitted?

I don't want a smart meter as the tariffs are better for Day / Night.

Edit: Found the info back in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Can a provider delay annoucing a FIT rate forever? I thought there was a deadline.

If they do eventually declare a rate - can they pay from when they declare - or must they backdate to Februaury of this year?

I have seen previous posts that make me think...be patient...eventually my provider will have to settle their debt to me - but maybe im wrong?

They can pay a FIT rate of 0c so no money owed unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

NSAI (or should I say the private consultants they paid to actually do the work) have a video on their new domestic PV installation standard SR55.

The video is pretty boring but at 12.52 they have a slide that seems to indicate if you install more than 6kW you are entitled to at least €0.135/kWh, 13.5c, that seems okay?

Obviously who knows what it will be next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

It's a free open source app that I wrote.

https://github.com/Tonyslogic/tout-compare

There is a good readme (I hope)

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭what?

this, 100 times this, "........oh but somethig something commercially sensitve and much hand wringing, the minister cant comment on individual cases..."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah when you go above 6kW you're in a different category and aren't paid the normal feed in rate (CEG) but you get the fixed premium rate (CEP)

Now what's interesting is that I think the CEP was targeting as businesses, not domestic projects. So if you're on a domestic connection, would you still get the CEP 🤔

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fluffykre

Was speaking to a ESB technician today and they advised me that the ESB plan to allow the providers to offer day / night rates on the smart meters. If thats correct we may see it coming some time soon. There take on it was the smart meters were not setup to take on the legacy day night tariff yet only the 24 hour rate maybe due to the back end of how they class a 24 hour meter and day night meter. Who know 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Yeah now that I re-read that slide again it's not clear if both of the tariffs will be available to domestic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ah you know that even if that occurred that providers wouldn't offer the same night rates. They'll claim their systems don't support it or something

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The 13.5 minimum is for non domestic. DG05 I think the meter code is.

Anything under 12? Kva now is put in as a domestic connection. (Eg we have an outfarm but it's also classed as domestic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

From electric ireland today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

That's cool, just put a request into EI to get a smart meter (or put me on a list where if they are in the area they will come to me first). I know people say don't get a smart meter but looking at the rates there is no difference between the normal D/N and the smart meter rates for EI and even the standing charge is the same. I am getting an EV and I worked out if I use as much of night boost rate as possible it will save me money. Also I have PV and a big enough system 6.1 kWp and I only use about 40% of it, having a smart meter I should get credit for what I export, certainly more that the calculated value (That's if EI will give a good FIT rate)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

You might regret that as I did. I told them to put me on the "waiting" list last year after getting solar and they came shortly after.

A few weeks ago I had to fight with BG/ESBN to get rid of it and put d/n instead. Couldn't be bothered with this joke FIT program which will probably run for a year or they will do some scummy things to get out of paying.

Not sure where you are finding smart tariffs on par with d/n but none of them come near (that I could find)

But I also added 20kwh batteries this year, got another 80kwh on wheels on the way and my export is way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

@SD_DRACULA One the left is normal D/N meter and the right is their smart tariff rates. Looks like they are bringing the D/N to be inline with smart. I did a few calcs before this increase and the night rate was 1c more expensive but if you shifted even a small but into the boost to make it back. Their standing charges are the same smart or not which helps.

Regarding FIT thats a bonus if it comes, my main driver at the moment is my EV which is coming in the next week or so and I am planning to use the boost rate as much as possible.

My wife works for ESBN so I cant leave EI.........😉

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Those rates are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

The 80 are on four wheels and unfortunately will not take bidirectional charging 😥

Yes I agree the EI d/n rates are muck.

If everyone does the same then no point sticking to d/n and I would guess that is the point.

Also the night boost, isn't there some ridiculously low kwh limit which you can easily get to with EV/load shifting?

Great discussion here... I think I will hold off on asking for the meter until I see the actual fit rate. Expect to leave ei anyways when the credit runs out.

A bad rate only matters if you don't self consume. I think I've bought 5 kw total since July started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Thought occurred to me that, from the RTE article there last week that there are about 25,000 homes with PV installed. Also, there are apparently 2.5million homes needing smart meters, so the % of houses that this FIT applies to is 1% of the connected base.

I get the arguments that the companies don't want to pay these FITs (hell I often argued them myself) but in reality....it's a small few hundred quid per connected user. It's probably more an annoyance to modify the billing system code than actually paying the charges for some of the companies.

Advertisement