Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Choose self arranged financing and then enter “First Auto Finance”

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I chose ‘Self arranged financing’ from the options…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

@Enigma IE @Mike2006 thanking you

Folks what mobile network does Tesla premium connectivity use in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

This quote is over 4 years, you will pay less interest if you ask for one for 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭wassie

AFAIK its Netherlands based mobile provider KPN using an esim, so is effectively roaming off the Irish mobile networks. As a result the car will have a Dutch IP address, hence why you can only access to the Dutch catalouge on Netflix.

There was also reports a couple months back of Tesla partnering with Wifi providers to provide access to wifi hotspots, including a mention of wifi at superchargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Strange one tonight.

I'm at my folks house in Tyrone. We're heading to Portrush with the kids in the morning.

I put it in the cars nav system to see how much battery it would take and the time.

Car is on 73%. Arrive there (50miles) on 65% and arrive back on 45%. There is no way that's accurate!! Tried it 3 times and all the time it's coming up the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Usually the nav is spot on.

Id try again in the morning. It must have left the apprentice in charge.

Dutch Netflix is that a ball ache or are the catalogs similar, need my fireman Sam fix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I left this morning at 0530 for airport. 100%charge overnight. Car said I would have 66% on arrival. Drove faster than normal and roads damp and not very warm. Arrived with 67 % after about 155km. Impressed with accuracy.

Plenty to get home proving phantom drain not too bad…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have my own account and I see in the car everything I see from the TV/computer…..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Online PCP calculator if anyone's interested. It's accurate to within a couple of euro once you know your GMFV.

http://www.pcpcal.co.uk/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

I also find it extremely accurate. Using the Tesla Energy Monitor App gives a much more accurate range estimate than the amount indicated on your home screen which doesn't account for individual driving style. If you are using Navigation for a trip there is also a TAB labeled Trip which gives a graphical representation of your predicted consumption/range at start of journey all the way through to the end. It even accounts for elevations along the way. As you progress your actual journey is measured against the original estimate, giving good insights as to how your driving style impacts range. If ever you are concerned about range you can see immediately see how modifying your driving style impacts. It's a bit geeky...but play around and it is facinating.

I imagine most know all of this but for those who are interested attached is a good vid that explains.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’ve found the arrival percentage extremely accurate over the years, go faster than speed limits and you will arrive at less, go slower to arrive with more, unlike other in car sat navs the Tesla one takes into account gradient, not that important in most of Ireland but hence why so accurate

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Do Tesla sell these Tesla trade-ins direct or trade all of them out? Never seems to be any for sale on their site but maybe I just miss them?

Also I’m reading comments re folks waiting around for servicing - I understood Tesla offer replacement Tesla’s for free / )fully charged) so why don’t people drop the car and collect it whenever they get around to looking at it & fixing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I noticed a few different movies on it - like Venom - that aren't on the Irish Netflix.

Thanks good to know I’m more interested in preserving my sanity so that the 3 year old can watch his favourites if we are stuck waiting in the car.

can you play your own videos / movies from the USB?

Its probably fairly accurate. As @slave1 said above, the trip meter will account for elevation.

There is some decent terrain in Tyrone (like the Sperrin Mountains) and Im guessing you are starting from an elevated position, so you are going to get some energy gains on the way down to the coast at Portrush. Then on the return trip its climbing back up to the start (on average), hence the disparity.

Would be interesting to hear what you actual consumption figures were.

I'll let you know when I do the journey. It's definitely wrong on the journey there. 50 miles = 80 Kms on 8% battery.

• Advertisement

I think they were still offering these cars out to the trade.. Tesla have only sold a handful of used cars in Ireland, and I think they were only Model S & X, but stand to be corrected on that. They are just simply not interested in being used car salesmen...... Tesla is in the business of selling new cars and 2nd hand cars is probably just too much hassle for them.

Tesla do have loaner cars, but not loads (and lately with so many new Tesla's on the road, the loaners are scarce as more and more cars are in and out for little jobs)... if they think the job you're car is coming in for is a big job, and a loaner is available they'll give it to you, and if no loaner is available they'll give you an Uber voucher you can use to get home. They do have a small office onsite that you can book and use for the day if you so wish, which I did a few months ago, as even if they do have a loaner available, I couldn't be arsed crossing the M50 an additional 2 times in quick succession...

I did get a loaner once and it was a 171 Model S90D (I have a Model 3 SR+), which I kept overnight. my car was ready at 5pm the same day, but I didn't fancy doing the M50 from M1 to Sandyford and back again in rush hour traffic... so just went over the following morning to get my car back.

on the movies... no, the USB data plug will only play music in the USB section of teh music browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Whats the story with these "Rangers" I hear about who drive around the country attending to issues reported by Tesla owners - what is their actual role wrt Tesla and how far do it extend?

The Rangers will carry out visual inspections and also a number of tasks that do not need to done at the service centre, I had Model S CCS upgrade done at the house, frunk actuator replacement, door handle replacement and indicator stalk replacement all carried out on the driveway at home

Mixture, more recent ones are sold by Tesla themselves and most older Teslas go to the trade (but only after Tesla remove any free supercharging etc), there are trade ins here that Tesla have held onto also for loaner cars as Tesla sell their demos at 6mths old

The Ranger has been out to me twice.

1st time to replace a fogged up rear light cluster.

2nd time to replace steering wheel & steering column.

The Rangers also hang around at the SuperCharger sites sometimes, and if you pull in for a charge while they are there, they'll offer to check your wiper fluid as well as tyre pressures etc.... I know when there was a meet up in Enfield just after it opened, the Ranger was there offering support...

How do you get the Ranger to come to you? When you book a service appointment via the Tesla app, they will determine if it's a job a Ranger can do, and if so, will schedule the Ranger visit. In my case with the steering wheel replacement, I had the car in Sandyford for a few small jobs, and they agreed that the steering wheel should be replaced (there was a loose bit of the vegan leather wrap), but didn't have the parts in stock so when parts came in, they arranged a Ranger visit to replace the wheel on my driveway.

Left with 72% and got here on 55%. Car was adamant that I was arriving with 64%!! Even with 28 miles to go it was saying I would do it using 1% battery 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

A quick warning to anyone with an active pre-order. Don't try to change your email on the account. I tried as I used my work email when signing up without realizing, and it broke the account access. Tesla Support is looking into it, but are not sure if it can be rectified.

Anyone any recommendations for rubber / all-weather mats for the M3, €230 from Tesla seems a little bit rich, would usually pay 70-80 quid for an OEM set from a main dealer, lots on amazon etc just looking for personal recommendations

• Advertisement

I have a set of these: Amazon Linky

They are really deep and great for keeping the muck out and easy to pull out and hose down. I think the design really compliments the Tesla really well, but the raised pattern may not be to the liking of some and it is quite deep at about 5-7m.

What ever you order make sure they specify RHD - the first set I ordered were for LHD (even though the pic showed RHD nothing was specific in the ad description).

Advertisement