Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day out in Clontarf Sunday 10th July 2022 - Drinks and meal

Options
  • 06-07-2022 9:19pm

Hey guys,

Gonna be hanging out around Clontarf on Sunday, want to stay away from the match day madness.

Can anyone recommend a good pub to watch the Kerry game (which is not Harry Byrne's) and then someplace nice for a meal for two?

I have heard that Kinara the Indian is supporting to be immense for food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You could try The Yacht on the seafront.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Are you on foot or driving?

Kinara is a good shout for food but then you aren't close to a pub for watching the game.

Vernon Avenue has Pigeon House for food and Connollys \ Sheds for the game. There's also seafood options (Hemmingways) or Thai (San Sab).

At the other end of Clontarf there's Casa Clontarf for food and the Yacht for the game. Yacht also does pub grub and has a fancier restaurant upstairs.

Clontarf Baths for food\drinks is halfway between Vernon Avenue and Yacht end, but reviews mixed. Great spot on a sunny day but don't recall the TV setup for watching games.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭robbiezero

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The food in the Yacht is scrumptious as is the service, staff and ambiance. Best pub grub in Dublin I’d say.

not somewhere I’ve watched a match in though and don’t imagine it’s a good spot unless you try the bar…

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Doh! I always forget about Pebble Beach as it is not on the seafront, well except when it was outdoor service only and they annexed part of the Promenade.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback lads. Will be on foot and don't mind walking.

Think heart is set on Kinara for food and I will take a look at the pubs you mentioned for consideration for the game.

Yeah just looking at it here and Pebble Beach is only an 8 minute walk along the sea front from Kinara and looks Rare Auld Times so think gonna give that a go.

Cheers everyone.

Advertisement