Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m reading Conor McGregor has bought one of my favourite pubs, the Waterside in Howth.. hopefully it manages to maintain its quirky old world mariners charm, excellent food and friendly and efficient staff….

no problem it getting a lick of paint, an upgraded menu but if it turns into tacky town…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I wouldn’t be taking any senior citizens or women there, if that’s the case.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Does anyone else find boards has gotten awful boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

auto cricket autocorrect that messes up words you've spelled correctly and ignores words you've mis-spelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It lost whatever Mojo it had when it moved platforms.

Vanilla is right ..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

More "vanillin" than "vanilla"...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I bought a pair of runners online and when I was trying them on they felt a little big and I accidently ripped the tag off!

My 92 year old Aunt diagnosed with covid in the UK .. she is sure she caught it at her granddaughters orchestra performance… she was of the mind to want to go as she was told by her 14 year old granddaughter that it was spread out but on arrival it was apparently no more spread then an average concert venue in regular times…it had been a bit of a porky pie to get granny there.

symptoms are quite mild, cough, fatigue and a slight temperature… 4 days after diagnosis so hopefully the mildness persists..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The total opposite to MO4 in her courting days! 😋🤣

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Garda helicopter or whatever helicopter that’s been buzzing around this area for about 40 minutes, often at an altitude so low I was wondering if it was about to land on the roof….

no sound of commotion or even a single Garda vehicle…

insomnia strikes again firstly. Aghhh

secondly at 6.20 am, when someone pulls up to a neighbouring property and beeps their horn twice to alert someone in said neighbouring property that their lift is there outside. You are a prime cockend….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Good Morning commuters, tourists and random bus users. This is a BE service announce on behalf of our passenger BB!

This mornings service is taking the expected route into the city centre, you can track our route on the video at the luggage area of the bus, as this is a green/electric bus as shown by it livery, it will default to powering down when stopped for more than 5 seconds approx, BB would like you to be aware that no amount of loud sighing, tisking or asking at the top of your voice why the driver is wasting time by turning the bus off and on again, does not change any of the above defaults.

TLDR, ppl traveling on the same bus as I am asking where they are, where they should get off, why are we stopped and why is it taking so long to restart the bus?.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walking home from work caught behind some tourists, one loudly tells her youngster that the nick nack shop is called galleon is bc that's the irish for boat!

Another one stops up on their bikes and asks if the "*boat" in the bay is the ferry to the other side?

*boat is a huge cruse ship.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The shop only having full fat milk in plastic. Tastes horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I get home from work, girlfriends nieces and nephews screaming the house down, the two dogs drove absolutely mental, the house wreaked with stuff knocked everywhere and nobody saying a word to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've posted this elsewhere - people saying "Arland". What the actual furk.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

What is it with piss poor learner drivers/ “instructors” taking kids along with them during the lesson. I am not talking about “regular” poor drivers either. This woman couldn’t get the car out of the parking space…she literally had to just drive forward and turn onto a quiet road but that was too difficult already because she couldn’t turn the wheel enough. Another moron on a different road right in front of me, indicating left right and centre because despite never leaving the road. All the while you see the snot nosed runts in the backseat bouncing around. Is this a new thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Amazon taking an oddly long time to deliver something when I only live an hour away from the distribution centre. It's gone 4pm and I'm getting antsy now 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister and I were dogsitting all week somewhere quite a ways from where we live. She insisted on taking two cars for reasons known only to her, neither of them left the driveway all week.

She tested positive for Covid on Thursday and has been self-isolating in her room since. Fine, I'd rather she did that, but it meant I was in sole charge of three large dogs (one is ours), doing all the walks, etc on my own. Not ideal, but whatever, needs must.

We were leaving today and because she's still self-isolating it fell to me to clean the entire (massive) house. Fine, I can live with that. But then she decides she's also too sick to drive her own car home. So not only did I have to spend the entire journey home exposed to her Covid, I'm also going to have to drive her back to collect her car whenever she decides she's well enough to get it.

Seriously fcuking hacked off with her, but also feel like a bit of a bitch for being so annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Trying to find a honest and reliable mechanic may be a close second in life’s goal behind a husband or wife. You can spend years searching for such a mechanic.

I was reading online reviews of a garage and someone gave 3 stars and said I was never at this garage. The owner quite rightly asked then why give a 3 star review??

Stupid ratings in my TA. The is the Joe Duffy equivalent of “ I didn’t see that violent movie on RTÉ last night but I’m here to be outraged”. If you never had the product or service then why do some leave a review, bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just broke one of my Le Creuset ramekins 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Staff in A&E continually passing the buck of responsibility up the line.

Me to nurse: my 90 year old father is on multiple essential meds for heart/Bp/ seizures and agitation and hasn't had any of them so far today, please can you see if the Dr can chart them up soon

Nursr: ED doc will be with you in a few minutes, you can talk to him about it.

TWO HOURS LATER: ED DR arrives, I repeat my request

ED doc. We need to see his test results before I can write his chart. About a half an hour

Me:Fair enough

Another 2 hours later

ED doc: All tests so far are normal. Because we can't diagnose we have transferred him to Medical team who want to admit to do an MRI tomorrow

Me: OK, can you sort out his essential meds please. He hasn't had any at all today

Dr. You can ask the medical Dr. He'll be with you in about 15 mins.

A further 2 hours later still waiting.....

Also, Discharge Co ordinator swanning around the department without a mask in one of the worst Covid effected hospitals in the country. I am extremely lucky to have been allowed in with my Dad. No one else here has been allowed a companion cos of Covid. I won't be allowed up to the ward with him cis if Covid it this woman can swan around interacting with staff and patients alike without a mask!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Quick question, why didn’t you bring his meds with you - most oaps use blister packs. Our health service is so poor I bring food and drink and a book if I have to go to local hospital.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bus service, rainy? Delays.. Windy? Delays.. Sunny? The worst f**cking delays..

• Advertisement

Quick answer: I did! No meds can be given in hospital until prescribed by treating Dr in hosp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement