Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flavours of Fingal 2022

• 04-07-2022 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭

Flavours of Fingal was back with an absolute bang after a 2 year hiatus due to Covid...

We first went in 2019 and thought it was amazing, but thought it may have been scaled back a bit on its return in 2022, but it was anything but....

They mentioned on Twitter that 75,000 attended yesterday (Sunday) bringing the total attendance over the weekend to over 100k (The forecast was showing Sunday as the better of the 2 days).

There really is something for everyone there, and it really is an excellent event. Still can't get over how big it all is!!

The skies were slightly overcast with a mixture of cloud and sunny patches, but it was dry, and then by some miracle, when we went into the walled garden, the sun came out and remained out for the entire time we spent in the walled garden (and the exact same thing happened us in 2019).

The legs were sore afterwards after all the queuing we had to do (mainly for the kids bouncy castle stuff), but all in all, it was well worth the €20 carpark ticket. To do it and see it all properly, you'd probably need to go for the 2 days.

For anyone that's never been, you need to pencil it in for 2023. Big time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Absolutely agree - one of the highlights of the year for me. We arrived at 11.30 and left at 5 and barely scratched the surface! Kids had a ball, especially the archaeology dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It was unfortunate that it was on the same weekend as the Skerries Road Races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah we had a great day. There about six hours. Barely skimmed the surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭GIMP

It was very good, went previous years admittedly the weather was better but it was huge this year. Huge amount of food vendors and attractions, well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Live in Swords and walk the dog in Newbridge so have been every year since it started. This year outshined them all by far. Amazing day on Sunday and even got sunburnt/tan. Defo worth a visit next year if you haven't been, your kids will thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm really disappointed that I didn't go this year, wife was too hungover to go out 😂

Went once a couple of years ago and it was brilliant, glad to hear it's still on form

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

€20 car park? we paid €30!

was free in for cyclists, which was great, if you live that side of the old N1. not a place you would cycle to otherwise unless you were a confident cyclist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

also, was bemused at the heavy presence of car dealers; i think 4 there? hardly an example of what fingal has to offer, along the purported theme of the festival?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It'd be nice if FCC would get on with the Broadmeadow Greenway and the footbridge across to Donabate, it would make cycling that way a lot more pleasant

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

i shouldn't gripe, btw, it was a good day with a decent amount of interesting things to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭LunaLoo

It was 30 on the day but if you booked early you could get it cheaper. We paid early bird 15, then I think less than 48hrs prebook was 20 and 30 on day. It was a great day out and worked out a lot cheaper than many of those type shows. I'm pretty sure the either the or the one in trim Virginia show is 15eurp per adult and 10 for a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If you pre-book online the carpark ticket is only €20. It’s the ‘early bird’ option.

it was actually €15 if you booked more than a week in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I noticed this too, but at the end of the day it’s a county fair, which is a showcase for local business to show off their wares…… so no complaints from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

5 of the major sponsors are car dealerships so I suppose there has to be a trade off with that.

i'm curious how much they ponied up; given it was being run by fingal coco, i'd have preferred if it was run without big commercial sponsors getting to sell cars at a show where that doesn't fit with the theme, but am certainly not familiar with the financials involved.

Advertisement