Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

It's hard to understand why the first batch called forward was so small and the second batch seems to be at least 1000.

Being an optimist you might say they are getting a real move on with it now. Hopefully there is news about stage 3 in the next week or so (especially considering interviews are supposed to start this month but then again they only gave four days notice for stage 2 to this batch!).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I have wondered if the reason they only called 224 initially was to fill a class from the last campaign maybe that got delayed with covid and people dropped out

Yeah maybe I guess if the PAS can get the 200 odd through interview by the middle of August then it gives AGS the numbers they might need to fill any classes up to the end of the year or whatever.

Looking at the number called forward today alone it certainly seems like they believe they will need the bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AshleyOH23

Anyone waiting on stage 2 results have an idea as to when we might hear?

Nope but hopefully in the next week or so at most, will be a month since stage 2 was completed at that stage.

Considering the extra preparation that goes into an interview and the probability of having to take time off work to do it giving as much heads up as possible would be decent (especially considering stage 3 is supposed to start in a matter of weeks).

• Advertisement

Hopefully the end of the week! I can’t imagine they’ll be doing interviews that soon after results it doesn’t seem feasible given as you said the amount of preparation etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mxrrk

Got my stage 2 results lads, hopefully ye all get a similar message soon. Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nero2311

Just got my results from stage 2, passed thank god 😅 best of luck to anyone waiting on results and to those about to sit stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

They're not hanging around with getting the application forms in.. clearly only a few days notice are being given for each stage.

I'd be guessing it'll be the same with interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nero2311

I hope not... I'm due to head away for a few weeks with work early August(ish). Would ideally be needing a date soon 😅

• Advertisement

Stage 2 results don't seem to have any OOM attached, just confirmation that you reached qualifying standard and an application form you must send in.

Interview provisionally for late July/early August. Can anybody shed any light on how we will be called forward? Maybe on OOM from stage 1, but then again the group is so small it won't make a massive difference.

@nero2311 Oh that's not ideal! You never know you may get called end of July before you go away. Interviews are starting around then.

@blinkinghinds yes I think they take our OOM from stage 1 & then as long as you've passed stage 2, you'll be called for interview depending on your stage 1 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

OOM from Stage 1 determines the order people will be called.

Likely a time saving measure, a good or a bad thing depending on your relative performance I guess.

Best of luck folks.

The application form doesn't ask for any info regarding family?

There's a form B for Garda Trainees on public jobs and it's much longer & asking for more indept info.. the application form we have to send in seems alot more basic?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Somewhat of a joke that the booklet they sent us and reccomend we read says the exact opposite. Bit ironic seeing as they're testing our grammar and punctuation currently

I was just thinking the same myself, no references asked for either?

I would guess that maybe the PAS want to get people through to interview asap and then once you are going through vetting with AGS all that will be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

did they give ye the competencies for the interview ?

@blinkinghinds Yes that could be it. The application form is very much geared towards PAS type interviews, employment, education & hobbies.

I suppose we'll get the competencies they're looking for down the line. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Completely agree, some of the decision making so far has been flawed at best.

@Jahcork No competencies yet, I assume we'll get them once the deadline for the application form passes - which will no doubt mean we get under a week to prepare 😐️

This online form replaces the original application (Form A) which used to be handed up at the start and used at interview.

The vetting form (Form B), now seems to be issued upon being successful at interview, so it hasnt gone away, would still be wise to gather the info needed ahead of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 seamie22

Just got my stage 2 results, anyone know if the interview is in-person or online?

Does anyone else that passed stage 2 say this “Please note your invitation to subsequent stages is subject to verification of your eligibility and a review of your remote proctored report writing exercise assessment. PAS will carry out these checks over the coming days.”

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

What does vetting even involve? Just making sure you're not a criminal or your family aren't criminals?

Does anyone know if references are needed from current employment? If you’re successful in stage three of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Anyone know if the Videos from stage 1 have been checked yet? I assume if we’ve been called for stage 2 that all that stuff is ok?

Those have all been verified now I believe, certainly if you've been called, all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Thanks. Overthinking this stuff seems to be my unique talent 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

any one who has done stage 2 got any tips for me as i’m sitting stage two on wednesday. is it two witnesses ? and does the info come at you real quick.?

• Advertisement

The video will more then likely change for this batch of stage 2 candidates to rule out people who done the first batch telling others what the video was

Advertisement