Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Ahmad, Boston Clinic, Portlaoise

Options
  • 17-12-2020 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

I dropped into this doctor this morning and got antibiotics for a chest infection. There's something about the surgery.. it's too informal and laid back.

Is he genuine or a money making chancer? Providing everything including Botox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

I went to him one Saturday morning with a kidney infection. He was talking to me and telling the next people that he’d be a few minutes. Left door open and we worked away. Gave me a prescription and told me the girls in the chemist will sort that for you while you can drop your sample across the road to the lab. Also apologised that the coffee shop was closed.
    Got me sorted in under 20 minutes early on a Saturday morning. Top dog in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 acer alite

This guy is an absolute disgrace, drawers full of cash, only cash payments taken, sends you across to the Apple Green garage to take out the cash to pay him. He will absolutely write you a prescription for anything you want so long as you cross his palm with silver.

He built this “ medical clinic” attached his own pharmacy to it & opened a Middle Eastern restaurant above them both! He’s basically a developer who is also a legalised drug dealer.

After writing my prescription which is supposed to be a repeating one, I go each month to collect my prescription but for the last two months the pharmacy is closed!!! Blacked out lights off & from what I can tell so is his “clinic”

After trying for two months to contact the mobile phone number sellotaped to the pharmacy door, eventually I got an answer from the esteemed Dr. who told me yes the pharmacy is closed but his “clinic” is open.

Im told now to come into him & he’s going to see what he can do!!

Best remember to stop off in Apple Green first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Am I the only one wondering what med's I can get....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Did this guy used to be up in Kilminchy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I would say avoid then.

The one time I was in with him, he had no interest in examining or treating me for what I came to him for, but was more interested in what unnecessary tests he could charge me for instead.

I ended up in A&E the next day as a result.

In a town full of GPs who refused new patients, my first clue should have been his empty waiting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Advertisement