Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

There was a huge multi GB update recently on Walkabout...that might have been it, predownloaded.

Anyone else try Quake 3 yet? I swear it's the most fun I've had since Alyx. The full game files are easily searchable on Google without having to download dodgy zips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

Replacement left and right controllers are back in stock for anyone needs them. 79 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will prob grab Premium Bowling for €12.99

Supposed to be more "sim" than ForeVR Bowl (which I also love) .. gotta have both.

Incidentally grab Star Wars Tales from the Galaxy's Edge if you haven't played it yet... it's superbly-immersive. The most legitimate Star Wars VR game I've played and you really get drawn in.

Great sale. Was hoping for puzzling places to drop but will get pistol whip. 38% off! Bargain.

• Advertisement

Nice! How much?

Same price as a normal dlc course according to mighty coconut website. Excellent. So that's usually 3 euro here I think. Edit: Just seen it includes expanded multiplayer for up to 8 players.

Post edited by jj880 on

Update From Zuckerberg:

You won't need a Facebook account to log into Quest starting next month. We're rolling out new Meta accounts that you can use with our VR headsets instead. This will give everyone more choice about how you show up in the metaverse.

I've seen on here that some people have disconnected their Facebook accounts from their headsets already but as far as I remember you lose access to certain functions / software if you do. To be able to officially remove your Facebook account from the Quest 2 would be great as it could mean if you wanted to sell it you could include any games purchased with the new Meta account (hopefully).

• Advertisement

I removed mine, but have full access to everything bar multiplayer (which I don't generally bother with as I've no time)

But this is great news. I wonder how it affects the Quest 1 and Oculus Go?

Maybe it's old news but I found out today you can now do a 1 time install of sidequest on your headset and after that you don't need a PC or phone to access the sidequest catalogue. It will be available at all times within the headset.

Just use sidequest as normal to sideload the app called "Sidequest VR" and that's it. Sidequest available at all times in the unknown sources section of the headset. Really handy. Tested it out to download and install Quake 2. Works really well.

Here is the app page to sideload from:

Edit: custom home themes are included in this also. Excellent.

Nice. For custom homes that simply stun check out Star Wars Rancor and Classic Smoking Room.

Classic Smoking Room is my current selection. It's uncannily realistic and quite a relaxing environment to be in.

Video of it can be seen here: https://sidequestvr.com/app/3995/custom-home-classic-smoking-room

I like the Rancor pit theme. Lots of good themes for kids too. My son really likes the Minecraft theme.

Found this on SideQuest VR. Its a tough variant of super hot. There are weapons you can teleport to and limited ammo. Its tough but good. You need to think about the order to kill people so you don't get stuck or run out of ammo. 30 levels included in this demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

BOBOVR M2 Plus Head Strap Twin Battery Combo Compatible with Quest 2,VR Power Bank Charger Station/Dock with B2 Battey Pack,Recirculating Power Supply System https://amzn.eu/7a1sCxu

just ordered this as my original m2 strap had developed little cracks on the black part of the strap. It's actually good value considering you get 2 batteries that are about that price alone, the charging dock and the new m2 plus strap which improves upon comfort, the back part tilts and has an extra honeycomb attachment so it doesn't slip on the back of your head. The black part of the strap is thicker and more durable also. It doesnt move around your head in more physical games also and the two arched pads on the top don't dig in like on the .2 They deliver here too so be quick before it changes!

They have now put up their m1 plus strap (elite style battery strap) which comes with 1 battery. Edit this one doesn't have the charging dock, just the "dock" for the headstrap meaning it has the part that the battery fits into.

Ships here and is currently 68 euro with 5% off.

BOBOVR M1 Plus Head Strap with Battery Pack 5200mAh Compatible with Oculus Quest2 Elite Strap For Enhanced Support and Comfort Accessories,Hot-swappable Battery Pack Design https://amzn.eu/hqnMW82

Comparison of both by the lovely Disco-VR here:

Post edited by Doge on

Updated my post above, the m1 plus doesn't come with charging dock, by battery dock they mean the bit that battery sticks onto magnetically.

Premium Bowling had me hooked last night. Feels just that little bit better than ForeVR Bowl (which is still cool too... just more arcadey).

The ball roll is really well determined by how you spin it or the angle of throw and it's as close to realism as you'll get. Highly recommend.

Was actually a bit of a sweaty workout given the hot evening.

Ended the evening with a bit of Blair Witch.. surprisingly good.. actually had a dream about it last night (guess late night VR sessions will leave some sort of imprint!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Odd move from Meta. They are increasing the price of the Quest2 by $100. Weird one from Meta that they would increase the price so long after the initial release.

33% increase for 128gb model. 5 days notice on the increase. 😳 Deary me.

Edit: Free copy of beat saber included.

• Advertisement

Could be a smart move to ship a load of headsets in next 5 days!

They did say they were making it a loss from the beginning and Mark also said that profits are down for Meta. He's increasing employees targets.

République VR is now free.

Developed over five years by industry veterans (Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R.), RÉPUBLIQUE is a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.

You receive a call from Hope, a woman trapped inside a mysterious totalitarian state. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of danger and deception across five thrilling episodes.

• Immersive puzzles and strategic choices

• Innovative, interactive developer commentary

• Incredible voiceover performances, starring:

o Rena Strober

o David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid)

o Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite)

o Dwight Schultz (killer7, Star Trek)

o Khary Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4)

Just a heads up you need to add the rift version first then the quest version for free or at least that's how I had to get it.

Did a search for this but no results. It's been out a few years. We got it last night.

1 person as the tree using the headset and everyone else on a mobile device trying to rob acorns from the tree.

It's good craic if you have a mix of 4+ adults and kids to play. Up to 8 players / bots.

Post edited by jj880 on

Good free shape puzzler if you haven't got puzzling places yet (like me).

Zuckerberg's metaverse avatar didn't go down so well. 😂

Haven't got the meta account email myself yet but fyi it seems users are being locked out of their headsets switching over from FB to meta at the moment. According to the Reddit link above the apple/Google app is needing an update. Think I'll leave it a while before switching.

lol.. I guess I'll disable wifi when I switch on my headset next time 😂

• Advertisement

Just got the email. This is the tutorial video they include. Im thinking it's good if you lose access to your Facebook account now you won't lose access to your games etc. on the headset.

Advertisement