Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options
1410411412413414416»

Comments

Only spitballing, dude. Wouldn’t read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

With respect, you don't know the DPP's conclusion or their deliberations on the matter.

Every day of the week the DPP enter Nolle prosequi, and a good lot of the time, it's not because they don't believe an offence hasn't been committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Its very obvious that the anti Varadkar pirate gang types are dug in and not for changing their mind

I'd have changed mine if the allegations against him were proven true

I said so quite a few times

They've been dismissed much as I expected

Happy enough to be on solid ground there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭dubrov

It's just a sign of how bipartisan politics has become in this country. You either believe in everything I believe in or you are against me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Would there be any irony If this report got leaked.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts and replies to those posts deleted

Please ensure you interact in a civil manner

And anyone else making potentially defamatory comments will face further sanction including threadbans

Any questions PM me - do not reply to this warning in thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,597 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It is 100% right to call out those who make up lies about you. Fair play to him I say.

Paddy and Chay should be worried about ending up in court themselves given their own history but to them its all a consiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

A bit confused here, who was making up what about what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I take the news, form various sources, all of whom said it was a confidential government document. Even his statement said it was marked confidential (but some of the content was released so it wasn't really).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I'd give it 50/50 if the gov gets to full term. The next budget and next winter will be a big test.

My hole. The only conclusion is what the man who leaked the confidential document said he did it for? The naivety.

I don't believe he apologised for using a courier and not a carrier pigeon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A nothing burger from the start. Why they wasted so much time on this is baffling. Questions really need to be asked about how it went so far and for so long.

SF, Paddy Cosgrave and all the pirate flag “brigade” have been left with egg on their, collective, faces. Pierce Doherty, himself, must be feeling particularly foolish.

Now, instead of moving on, and tackling the matters at hand, we have SF talking of wasting more time with a vote of no confidence. After which, they’ll be screeching about how not enough is being done to tackle housing or the cost of living. With deadly seriousness too, no sense of irony.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,478 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It’s over dude, has nobody told you.

Time for this discussion to die a natural death, no need to try to rake over the coals.

When the final whistle blows, that’s it, it’s done, don’t be a bad loser, dude.

You hung your hat on this thread, you lost, shït happens, fold up and exit stage left.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Yet here you are after posting the same thing 3 or 4 times today, sweating, hoping for a reaction. Good lad. Job done. Off you go now.

The revisionism is hysterical alright. See below:

We'll see if a minister of a party you don't like behaves in the same way, how much of a big mac leaking a confidential government document to your pal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In case you werent aware blanch Varadkar is a serial election loser. As leader of Fine Gael he has led the party in five six elections and he has managed lead them to a loss in every single one of them, there's not a single win to be seen anywhere.

In the last one he shafted a highly electable Kate o'Connell and instead ran an inanimate carbon rod by the name of James Geoghegan, Varadkar thought he was playing 4-D chess but somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. In 2019 he led Fine Gael to losing Francis Fitzgeralds seat to Sinn Fein and make them transfer friendly and he also ran a loo-lah called Verona Murphy in Wexford and lost that one too. The other two by elections were also contested by FG and again Leo led them to defeat, they were trounced into 3rd place in North Cork central and an embarrassing 4th place in Fingal after Varadkar backed the dinosaur Dr.James O'Reilly and the electorate roundly rejected him.

In the general election his campaign was so bad that FG imploded from 32% in the polls a month out from the election all the way down to 21% on election day itself. He couldnt even manage to get elected himself with a full quota on the first count while he was the sitting Taoiseach. Enda Kenny did it, Berties did it multiple times, Albert did it, Haughey did it but Varadkar ballsed it up becasue he doesnt know how to win elections. Like if he couldnt even top the poll when he was a sitting Taoiseach then there is something seriously wrong.

Yesterdays DPP decision now paves the way for Varadkar to lose his seventh election in a row as Fine Gael leader. You'd wonder why Fine Gael supporters continue to back someone who has proven himself incapable leading the party to winning elections but there you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Relax brah

honestly the anti-leo brigade hate life right now - all that time wasted in the dail discussing this nonsense (paid by tax payers) by the opposition all for nothing.

Ive said it once and I’ll say it again, Leo is a great leader. I’ve never seen a politician get such abuse and it’s a reminder that homophobia is still ripe in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

This doesn't make a jot of sense. You are saying he is guilty of wrongdoing purely for giving someone a document but it is irrelevant as to why he gave it to them? Like you have to admit that's a pretty fringe view. Like he'd be equally guilty of wrongdoing in your mind if he gave it to his secretary to put into a safe?

You don't believe his explanation but it isn't relevant to your judgement, but you still don't believe it despite having no evidence and being told an 18 month investigation searching his phone and other device found no evidence. Again this is a really wild opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Look, politicians pass on information to the press all the time. Sometimes it’s done with party permission, other times they go “rogue”. It happens.

No one benefited financially here and it had no effect on government policy. It’s, almost, the opposite end of the spectrum to having an elected official walking out of the government offices to meet with a retired, presumed, member of a terrorist organisation to find out which way he should be voting on a certain “motion”.

A far cry from that, you could say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,478 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Still not getting thru dude……it’s over… it’s done…. the boy wasn’t charged with anything.

Fold your tent my friend, and stop flogging a dead horse.

This one is gone…let it go, dude.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - it's over. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement