Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Thought it was The Van myself with the reference clue in it. The Snapper is best known and was the obvious one to pick I think for a guess. Somedays the questions are ridiculously easy and other days, more like Mastermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Today's quiz, one of the contestants grew up in Kildare town, Ray knows the family, contestant had spent the afternoon cutting to he local GAA pitch, deciding question about 1992 all Ireland football final, other contestant also getsca question about a film not released in Ireland till 1993

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The luvvies gone into serious overdrive today………….squeeelch

Not for the Brenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I was wondering who was squeaking at him before I too hit the button Brender.

Marian Keyes...

Is she on the NK team I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I don't believe so. Most certainly part of the incestuous little community however.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭busunderer

wow, this Ray guy actually thinks he is interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Cait ni Riordain on with D'Arcy - a very interesting and talented lady. Sush a shame she is being subjected to Ray's preachy sanctimoniousness

Producer in Ray's ear there - is he being to told to go to Nuacht (unlikely) or instructions to desist from slagging off Diageo (far more likely!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭archfi

Raymond, the audience last night had only one major thing on their mind in regards to Harry Styles at any given time - to ride him. In 2nd place was the tunes after that maybe the glittery costumes. And nothing wrong with that either, it is as it always has been!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Raymond picking up his freebies from rte reception, I reckon he's tighter than a ducks arse, probably giving the judging eye to any one drinking on a school night

Ray with the obligatory "How old are you ?" within 2 mins of starting the intervew 🙄

2 mensa types doing the quiz with Ray today 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Checking in with Charlie Bird and his wife per the promo. Appreciate Charlie is having a tough time and has raised a lot of money but only a couple of weeks since the Late Late interviewed him. Again.

The ghoulish way rte are they all want to be one to say they interviewed him last

Important news, Kathyrn's kid finishing pre school this week and starting big school in September.

,👍 Hadn't heard her mention she had a child before,🤔

She definitely won't mention her again during the 2weeks she's covering for Ray 😁😉. Ray never mentioned if he was married or had kids,,😂

Dropped the girls to the childminder and went for a coffee. Did you know she had 2 kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Will Mundy's "July" get it's annual outing on the show today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭RINO87

I really don't think anyone makes me want to smash a radio to pieces as much as Kathryn Thomas. Good grief.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

They really should put this program to bed

they have no content at all

“ what is your worst household chour” ffs

The Noel Kelly programme, what a load of tosh.

And they have production meetings in the mornings to discuss content,,,🥱🤔🤔🤔🥱

They want to get to the lowest common denominator in pure bilge programming?

Just a step away in reporting the results of the ‘meat raffle’ in Culligans of a Sunday mornin’.

Unbelievable Jeff!!

Imagine if the show is all the good stuff, can you imagine the shite they left out, I was going to say rivetting stuff like how many times you dunk a biscuit, but i think Darcy did that

I feel very conflicted with the stand-ins for Joe and Ray this week. I seriously resent the ridiculous money both Ray and Joe are on. I hate the way Joe uses his "caller driven show" to discuss he personal agendas and interests, avoiding anything remotely topical. I despair at Ray's inability to work the buttons in the studio after 20+ years working in that environment - his obsession with age, height, porridge and running, him not having the personality to conduct an interesting interview.

However, having listened to a week of Katie Hannon and Kathryn Thomas standing in for the "talent" just goes to show that there are no limits to the depths of dullness these shows can go to. I have come to the conclusion that none of the senior management in RTE listen to their output because surely something would be done about it if they did? Of course, that's based in the assumptriion that RTE management actually give a crap about the programmes they produce!

,👏👏👏🤗👏Spot on I'd thank that numerous times if I could

Ray worried that his long holiday means he mightn't be able to remember how to work the buttons today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Red Fred

"How are you today?" says Ray, "Hot and sweaty?". Followed by "Thanks to Kathryn for keeping the seat warm".

It just doesn't sound right.

Advertisement