Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

SPORADIC JAMES UPDATE

The Greatest Band In The World are still free on the weekend of Electric Picnic. Some cancellations in the run up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mick Flannery and Susan O'Neill brilliant in the Iveagh Gardens last night. I was sceptical as to whether that music would hold up outdoors in front of a big crowd but it absolutely did. He's a hell of a songwriter but she blew me away. Absolutely loved her voice. Rare to get two voices that mesh that well together on so many songs. They finished with Angel from Montgomery, gorgeous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

100% agree. Really hoping to see them added to EP as both are sensational. He's not exactly Bruce Springstein in terms of crowd interaction though! "I wish I had a small bit of stage presence" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

What a perfect cover for them to do. Would love them at EP (big chance I’d assume) but I can’t see them getting the deserved respect and silence, irrespective of what stage they’d play.

Yeah, that's what I thought, not sure after last night. I know they were preaching to the converted but with the (excellent) band, they had a big sound going on. And despite his protestations, Mick knows how to work a crowd. I saw him at the last Alltogethernow in a pretty raucous late night tent, just himself, and he was great. Anyway, hope we get the chance to find out.

• Advertisement

I expect them in the next announcement. I assume they couldn’t do so before Iveagh and their tour ends in Denmark the weekend before EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Will be shocked if not announced for EP. Saw them in NCH with orchestra and were brilliant really interested to see them in an outdoor venue. @Stillill fully agree her voice is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'd love to see lcd announced but unfortunately I don't see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pixies sounded great last night and they were in great form, hopefully they keep that going for EP.

Caught a new (new for me) band called Life that are well worth checking out, very very good live band.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How many sleeps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 55 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭endainoz

Even Susan with her own band would be great. Im just glad she's getting the proper recognition that she deserves.

This next announcement must be only a week or so away surely?

Ah if there's not at least an announcement of an announcement, I'll be very unhappy. Throw us a bone, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah its a long time since the middle of March to be waiting.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Caught them at Pohoda in Slovakia in 2019, a young Hull crew who were name-dropping Phillip Larking and abusing the Tories throughout the set. The lead guy was a little like a young Jarvis with a brown short and lots of feyness, then they fully got into it. Excellent. If I'm right his sister or cousin is the bassist. They're free on the Fri night and would be yet another great addition to EP,

And in terms of duos, alongside SO'N and Mick F could I put in a special request for Jessie Buckley & Bernard Butler? Lovin' the album.

Bilbao is a European festival exclusive for them. A huge shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Jessie Buckley & Bernard Butler playing ATN, and ATN making big deal out of it so not going to be playing EP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think the thing to look out for, Pukkelpop announced on same week as the Picnic for their first announcement and they are due an announcement sometime next week so I reckon the EP announcement will be soon enough hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Fifth on the bill on the second stage doesn't seem that significant, particularly given the relatively small size of the fest. And as before most of the decent Irish acts at ATN will also be at EP. Already several examples and more to be announced in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hardly worth responding to them Seath, they know everything about gigs and are never wrong you see. 😂

• Advertisement

Cheer up, buddy. The only time I see you in here is to tell us who's definitely NOT playing. Are you going?

How was the setlist Poorside? I saw the one from Hyde Park a few days ago, they finished with Isla de Incanta, Monkey gone to Heaven, Hey, I've been Tired and Debaser. That'll do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,346 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think Poorside meant the Hyde Park one. They were excellent at it, so many great songs blasted out. Caribou really worked as an opener

One of those rare bands whose setlists are hard to predict. With most acts you can trawl through their last few gigs on setlist-fm and work out their set. Not so with Frank & Co. You're pretty much guaranteed twenty solid crackers though and that's my Friday sorted.

Caught the Altered Hours in the Loft in Galway last night. Excellent and worth checking out at ATN for those going. Confirmed they'll definitely not be playing EP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Anyone any tips on good, long lasting cooler boxes for beers at E.P. There are a few pricey cooler boxes, that will last a few days, but they seem to be in very short supply, brands like Coleman, Igloo etc. but they are out of stock everywhere. The bog standard cooler boxes are cheap but, totally useless for more than a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

53 degrees north seemed to have yeti ones in stock when i was in there yesterday but they're proper chonkers and that's a lot of weight to be shifting once you've added in the ice/freezer slabs/consumables.

Cheers, i know the Yeti’s are very good, but even a small 24 litre one is €200+ so have ruled then out. Have to get a bigger size than 24 litre. as a whole of ice has to go in as well, to make them work.Going to stick to a budget of €150 max which should get me a 50+ litre Coleman or Igloo cooler, on wheels, but appreciate the wheels are quite small, so not designed to go on a long trek across debris.

Came across the “daddy” of them all for EP, the “Trailmate” £350 + sterling ! but they have a series set of wheels, and several day ice retention, making them perfect for EP:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

I've got the Coleman Performance Wheeled 60QT Cooler. Wheels aren't great compared to your example above but it has an extendable handle and did the trek from the car to the campsite handy enough. It also kept the drink cold all weekend with a combination of ice and frozen bottles of water packed amongst the more essential drinks. It looks like it's in stock on Littlewoods website for €99.

Thats a really excellent price for the Coleman 60QT, thanks ! It was on my shortlist, but have gone for the slightly smaller, but better insulated, Coleman wheeled, 50QT, Marine Extreme for €129 including delivery, on amazon Germany.

any tips on Cooling- just ice, or combine with ice packs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

I use a combination of ice, ice packs and frozen water bottles that I'll drink over the weekend, but I pre-chill it with a large bag of ice the night before.

Advertisement