Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Miss123

The interview is for Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

H Kwestfan08

My interview was 40 mins, quite intense and very competency based on your whole career and not just your recent experience.

Pull on all of your working experience to match up to the EO competencies listed on the PAS website.

I would recommend that you use the EO Competencies list as a guide and have at least two based examples – I had to use a third examples in one case. Try and incorporate their wording and language. Go through the competency list and match your experiences against them.

In preparation for the interview, go through your application form and pull out all relevant experience for the 5 competencies. Study and work with this and you will do well.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Dublintigger

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fonzy1991

Is anyone being called for interview for Tipperary? or waiting on their OOM to be called for a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

How long does clearance take when you get to that stage? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pilah

@acawarrior Have you been called for interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

Typically only a couple of weeks, depending on how long it takes for the Garda vetting.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Hi Folks

I went off to get clarity on our Pay rise – a Civil Servant going from Clerical to EO.

Re background to my query – I thought I was being put on the wrong point of the scale, so I queried it asking for clarity.

To quote from the NSSO email: -

If minimum of the EO salary scale isn’t greater than your current CO pay by an amount less than the first increment of the EO scale you are then placed on step 1 of the EO scale.

(iv) Where the minimum of the new salary scale is greater than existing pay by an amount less than the first increment on the new scale, the officer may enter the new scale at the minimum plus one increment.

As the minimum of the EO salary scale wasn’t greater than your CO pay by an amount less than the first increment of the EO scale you were placed on step 1 of the EO scale.

I was happy with the explanation.

I hope this helps some folks – personally speaking, I was glad for the clarity.

One more thing – my query was dealt with promptly and the team in NSSO were professional and helpful.

Dublintigger  😉

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Anyone have any movement in the 2020 competition recently?

They said it would be over in august but at this stage I am just assuming its done now the 2022 one is starting testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

There are still interviews and etrays happening from this campaign. They wouldn't be interviewing at this late stage if they were closing the panel. There is still another 2 months to run on it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

I'm in Kerry and I've started clearance. Things are still happening with this campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GailliamhAbú2022

Anyone have an update for Galway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Just got an email today for the 2022 CO asking me to select choice locations any ideas why I would get this

Anyone for Dublin hear any news recently?

I am in the upper part of batch 6 so I just seeing if anyone around there has heard back. I confirmed my interest for a interview a month ago.

Post edited by solidasarock on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kass20

I received a message requesting that I confirm I'm still interested in interviewing for Dublin. I placed in the 80s after the E-Tray for the open comp. I confirmed that I'm still interested today but haven't been given an interview date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Got the same message asking if I was interested in an interview, with a very short window to reply to same. Sounds as if there's a big push to try and get people into posts or envisaged posts.

How long ago did you get that message and have you been called for the interview yet?

Perhaps you didn’t highlight your preferred choice of location when submitting your application?

You would have been given an option to state maximum two preferred locations – i.e. Dublin and one other county. Or just state one preferred location.

If you are getting the email and you submitted your application two years ago, they could be just checking with you to see if your preferred location(s) are still the same.

Anyone know anything about working in the courts service/garda civilian? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

Yeah I work in AGS as civilian. It’s grand, very interesting but just note that in AGS you aren’t guaranteed flexi and it can be different to other depts in that sometimes there’s no EO or HEO/AP .

I was posted to AGS when I first joined CS so I know no different but from chatting others in different depts we are definitely a little separate.

and there’s also the fact that there is a bill at the minute that the commissioner is trying to get through that would make Garda staff (Garda civilians) no longer a part of the CS but essentially members of the Garda force , bringing with it the loss of entitlements to mobility, interdepartmental transfers and promotions across the rest of the service.

Thanks, do you know anything about the courts service? Is that also included in the bill by the commissioner?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have an update on the Westmeath panel? Or any idea of how many people are waiting for an assignment? Just got interview results today and wondering if there is any hope of an offer before the panel closes

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

Not 100% sure but don’t think so.

I know a girl who works in the courts service and they have flexi anyway, don’t know anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carriet90

Its been a long, long campaign but I got there in the end. I have finally received my pre-employment email, asking for Garda vetting, references etc. Best of luck to everyone for the next couple of months.

Anyone have a wait time between clearance being completed and being told your start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Asana

i wonder would anyone have an update on Wexford please? Batch number and OOM. Many thanks.

I will update as soon as I know. I am waiting 1 week so far, and the tracker says my garda clearance has not been processed yet. I submitted my garda forms last week.

Just got a message for a interview in the last week of July for the Dublin Region.

For reference for others who might be in the same boat I am between 1-50 in OOM in Batch 6. I was asked to confirm my interest for interview in early June.

@carriet90 Westmeath batch 3.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Seanfhocail

Solidasarock is yours batch 6.

I've completed my interview and got my results back top 10 on OOM in 6.1

I'm so confused.

Advertisement