Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I’d imagine the video this time will be different. But regardless of what its about, we hear it twice. Just focus on phone numbers, address etc. don’t include opinions, stick to the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Got my I.d. verification done yesterday.

Hopefully everyone gets that done before the exam window.

Be a stupid thing to miss out because of.

Thats the only requirement prior to the test aint it? Just verifying the I.D?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Well guys I just seen there that there was a graduation today and it was given the numbers at the moment and it says it’s having new recruits from 2022 campaign

to start at end of quarter 3 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Wow, so going off that they need recruits from this campaign by the end of September. It certainly seems like an optimistic timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

Anyone here over 1300 that got an email for stage two? Or does anyone know what will happen to the last of the people that passed stage 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

thanks I’ve puchashed Garda IP course hopefully it’s enough the example scenarios are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kelseyk

Heya, stupid question here but I find the messages and familiarisation guides so unclear at times. To verify the ID do you click the link and go into the assesment and there’s an option at the top? I just don’t want to click in and start the assesment or anything by accident. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Hey, when you go into do it, go to the bottom of the page. The option will be there and another one to do the test but that won’t be open yet so you won’t end up in the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toyforme

oom 2897, no email as of yet. I can't imagine they will offer 800 jobs to the first 1300.. the remaining stages ;interview, medical, physical and background/vetting plenty of areas for that 1300 to fall down. or in other words and I quote the email from pJ "It is envisaged that further batches will be called in the coming months. This will be determined by current vacancies throughout the lifetime of the competition which is expected to last approximately 18 months."

& Or..Participants are invited by category?

Maybe now they are calling by category? For reference, my scores placed me in cat B and my oom is 2897, so yeah it definitely looks like a larger no has qualified for s2 rw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Hi I have previously done garda campagins, the first one I was in, I ended with an oom of just over 2000 and if my memory is correct it was end of sept when I was asked for stage 2... It similar time of year for campagin opening (January) with stage 1 exams in Feb.... although this campagin seems to be completely different with everything online... I am currently sitting in the 500s oom for this campagin.. It will take time just be patient, they will get to you... best of luck with everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Do you need to be watching the video for stage 2 as well we listening? Stupid question I know but the career services examples are only audio. Don’t exactly want to get caught out tomorrow!

The Gardaip book says you don't need to watch it just listen and take notes but the familiarisation material definetly says watch the video a few times so I dunno now !

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

It was video and audio but I would of been able to do it just by audio. People will get diff vids so all depends on what your one will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

The cart before the horse here but for the medical does HQ need to contact my GP ? I have returned home from Australia in recent months and I don’t have a GP here atm because the one I did use died 🤔

Post edited by PCO2019 on

Get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jenny1511

Anybody else having problems completing the detailed application form mines keeps saying I have multiple tabs open when I don't ??

Just done, handy enough, 5 or 6 minutes to spare after triple checking spelling etc.

Edit: getting a rake of messages lads don't be over thinking it.

It's honestly very easy to get all the information taken down in notes. They say numbers twice, and then the video is played again so you have 4 listens to get it..

The best advice I would have and I'd say it's what will separate peoples scores is to only include facts and not personal opinions or assumptions.

Post edited by macmathuna1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dannydan

How long does it take for them to complete ID Verification Status mines still saying Submitted Awaiting Approval

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

They said if it takes longer than 24hrs then to ring them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Conor1995a

Trying to fill out application for stage 3 but can not find my Leaving cert results anywhere, anyone any advice on what I should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

@Conor1995a As far as I know you need to contact State Examinations Commission. They have a phone number on their website, best bet is to call them & see if they can give you a copy of your results.

Ring your secondary school, I rang mine and she gave me the results over the phone and posted them out too. And I done my leaving cert in 2008 and they still had it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Are people with degrees submitting their LC results in their application as well? Doesn't appear necessary.

...(vi) by the closing date:

(a) have obtained an Irish Leaving Certificate with a grade D3 or O6 minimum in five subjects at Ordinary Level*, or

(b) hold a minimum of a Level 5 Major award (120 Credits) on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), or

(c) hold a recognised qualification (at Level 5 or greater), deemed comparable to the above in terms of both level and volume of learning as determined by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

Are we allowed to include opinions and assumptions of witnesses?, also hope everyone gets on well.

No, only include the facts.

just done the test there, doing the room scan had me more stressed than the test. Its not too bad at all, just go into it calm and you’ll smash it. Best of luck to anyone to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Just did it not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conor1995a

Ya on second look I didn't put down my Leaving Cert results, seems like they were only looking for college education and results.

I don’t have any degree, I did get a good leaving cert though. If they don’t want leaving cert results I’ll have to leave that field empty. They are doing things so differently this time around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 reimay

Hi all,

Got the call for stage 2. Anyone that has purchased the Garda IP / Career services package for preparation and has sat the exam, do ye think its worth it? Did it help?

Advertisement