Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician recommendation (easy domestic work)

• 07-06-2022 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hello,

As the title suggests, would love a recommendation for an electrician. Anyone i know are too busy to help me and I am not keen on ringing Mr. Random from a Google ad.

Relatively easy work but it needs doing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Butler is pretty decent. He prob would need a few weeks to do it though

• Registered Users Posts: 27 John_100

did you get sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I wouldnt go near Butler for quick jobs, he seems not to do that anymore, only long term projects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

probably worth more id imagine, cant blame lads for that

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Try Tobin Electrical https://www.facebook.com/tobinelec/

or Dalton Electrical https://www.facebook.com/daltonelectrical

I know both lads personally and they are decent and reliable - but fairly busy. You might get lucky. Or they might be able to recommend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Seriously what does one do to get an electrician?

They have short memories... too busy now but they will be plentiful when building drops.

They don't even have the decency to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

Try to get a plumber,there like rocking horse poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Lads its not easy being in trade, if your on a site job there are deadlines and you can get fined if you don't get your end done on time or hold up building work, then some people want them to come off site pulling in SWA cables or fitting plumbing in a plant room to do a light switch for some fella out the road? there has also been a shortage of apprentices over the past number of years so supply and demand etc.

Then there's the issue of getting paid and chasing people to get paid so its not all milk and honey

we ve made an absolute fcuk of the whole recruitment process, we urgently need to modernise it, the trades are a critical part of having a functioning economy and society

• Advertisement

I know 1 plumber recently whos taken a 12 eph job mon-fri cos he had no solid income one end of the week to next and had t chase people for money so he got out of trade, a sparks who owned his own business got out for same reason, waiting to get paid and not getting paid in some instances, and a carpenter who decided the same, not getting paid on time or at all, its a disgrace happens more often than people realise, chasing people for money is a job in itself

yea ive worked with a couple of qualified lads, all the same stories really, tis nice to have a trade though, probably should have done it myself, but it certainly sounds far more hassle than its worth

same myself, prob shudda done one, no use sayin ye can plumb and do electrics if ye aint qualified😀

ah theres definitely folks out there that are handy at such and not qualified to do so, but having a trade can be a great thing to have, we really shouldnt be subbing it, it truly is a critical need, and can be a great career, we re shoving people through the education system, and pushing them into careers that just dont suit them, but the trades just might

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Very little thought given to trades or driver recruitment.

The focus was alway a degree or some nonsense course which in my opinion just filled rooms in a college.

Nothing then to add to a society!

opening up and expanding our further educational systems has worked, but we ve largely ignored the trades, this is now causing serious problems, i think switzerland has the right approach, young people have the option for either career paths, and the appropriate facilities are provided to do this, with a dedicated system for the trades, this seems to work very well, our trades facilities are virtually none existent, how the fcuk do we expect it to work like this!

Advertisement