Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

Hi All,

I'm only home from holidays last night and seen the email sent on Monday to say I was being called for clearance for a position in Dublin but didn't say where.

Do they normally tell you in your clearance email where the position is located or is that after I send back my forms for clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 N1989

Hi Folks,

Just got asked to give my location preference for Donegal - my OOM is 347. Anyone in the same batch? Also what's the story with interview prep?

Got some bad news about my current private sector job last week so this is coming at a good time, though it feels like forever since I applied for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

@Emmah82 I was told where I will be going in Dublin but not exact location. I was told before the Garda vetting and clearance stage. Garda vetting only complete yesterday so waiting patiently to find out exact location.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

My current employer won’t allow references via work email. What happens now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AntH971

Got an email there as well today from clearance for Garda vetting etc for Dublin. No word about where, but didn’t think it’d be so quick. Only had my interview on the 23rd. OOM 1412 for Dublin and in batch 8 for anyone curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cdoran

My husband had the same issue and had to get a character witness from someone in a supervisory position (any previous job)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enright3197

@seamus92 Hi Seamus92 I also got an location form for Wexford and I’m awaiting an invitation to interview. I wasn’t told what batch I’m in but my OOM is in the 50s. Have you heard anything since?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Be1999

Hi all,

i got an email asking for location preference in Limerick, Im just wondering does that mean your close to getting asked to an interview or does it mean anything at all, any help would be great.

@Be1999 You were given a preference within Limerick? I didn't get that in Dublin. I got an email in 14 March to confirm I wanted to proceed with interview for Dublin. On 13 April I got invite for interview which took place on 28 April. Then had an email on 16 June to proceed with Garda vetting clearance. Forms were submitted on 24 June. Garda vetting completed on 5 July. Just waiting to hear about next step... References, start date , location, ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 karenoc2022

Has anyone the campaign booklet thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

@Enright3197 Nope haven't heard anything since. I had to choose my location preferences for Waterford the week before and haven't heard anything back for that either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I got an email on Monday with location preferences for Roscommon. I think my OOM was circa 250, so I wasn't too optimistic of hearing any more. I'm not sure if I will hear about interview but I shall wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gill0108

@AntH971 I emailed them today and said they were still in 1300’s as I’m also in Batch 8 I’m 1527… weird … wonder if it’s now done in number order now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elanicap1

I got message to say I passed interview about 10 days ago, any idea how long people are waiting to be called for clearance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Anyone apply for the clerical officer job with Baldoyle Training centre as stores/purchasing department?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Hi

I have been called for an interview in 2 weeks for Limerick City and county council. Could you tell the types of questions you were asked and how long did interview take.

Regards

Hi jules how long after selecting the locations did you get called for an interview thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 vanderpump

I got a message in public jobs today that I have been assigned to the department of social protection. I'm on the cork panel. Does anyone know if they this department offers blended work options?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnc9380

Anyone have any idea how long it is after passing the interview to be given the clearance forms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Most DSP back office staff still WFH most of the week. Blended policy will probably be 2 days in the office per week. Depends what section you end up in. But Cork DSP staff are very helpful to newbies

• Advertisement

Mine was approx 6 weeks from interview to doing Garda vetting forms. For Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Hi

It was approx 8 months ago when I sent in my location form.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crinkley

flip, did you ever follow up

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

Anyone any experience on clerical officer in Property Registration Authority? Any options for hybrid work with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bandyboo

I have just received my contract to be signed and returned by next week. But I have a query that maybe you guys could help me with. The contract has hours of working 37hrs net but I was under the impression that the hours were to be reduced from 1st July to the pre HRA hours of 35hrs.

So is this contract right or wrong ? Should I sign it and say nothing or should I query it and risk coming off as contrary?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crinkley

Hrs have definitely reverted back to 35. I say it’s just the contract they were using all along. You could query it but don’t worry you won’t be working more hrs than others

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Villenelle

Anyone called for interview in wexford yet? I am in the top 40 and got an email about location choices. Trying not to be too hopeful, but the timing is pretty good as got word that current job is ending (temp contract)

Is the campaign over in Nov 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Got email from clearance need 2 forms of ID will they accept pps card my passport is out of date?

Advertisement