Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Car reading 26C around Kenmare and feels it, such a change to N Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Sublime again today in Cork, small bit of cloud drifted in earlier but now it’s 100% blue skies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

What a tremendous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Beautiful sunshine and hazy cloud by the coast now in West Mayo and feeling very hot 😎😎

Latest GFS OP showing 43c for England next weekend, 15c in NW Donegal at the same time. Extreme outlier no doubt. Mental all the same.

And One of the GFS ensembles had 52C in south west France.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

52C for south-west France, that's not even possible anywhere in Europe! This chart is extremely unlikely to verify.

GFS turns us very cool and unsettled for the second half of July, a repeat of the final week of June and first week of July. This is still over a week away so hopefully the charts for second half of July look less grim by next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Beautiful day here in Cork. Temps very pleasant but not overly hot. On the 3pm met.ie reports Moore Park (Fermoy) is the warmest in the country at 23c with Athenry at 22c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Still thick cloud and a little drizzle here in Leitrim. It is warm mind.

Didn't see the 4pm reports but Moore Park was 25c at 5pm. What the warmest temp of the year, not much more than that at a guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Clouds breaking up in Kikdare. I guess a bit of evening sunshine is better than none.

Edit....nope, not happening today!

Post edited by jaffa20 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭US3

Syran posted in the long range thread that the charts are showing 33° on 17th. Hard to keep up with all the changes.

Most construction and factorys get holidays the last 2 weeks of July hope to god it's nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Another underwhelming day in the Midlands. Sun got out briefly a few times but never for more than a few minutes. Very pleasantly warm but for Christ's sake is it too much to ask for one decent warm and sunny day? The charts leading up to the weekend looked so good and of course failed to verify for most of us. At least some got decent sunshine in the south.

Tomorrow better be sunny or l will scream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Not really much to say. Got some breaks in the clouds going this evening but none conveniently placed to actually allow any prolonged sunshine too. Onto tomorrow now. ME for tomorrow - ''A cloudy start tomorrow morning with any lingering mist and fog clearing as long spells of warm sunshine develop for the rest of the day''. Seem very bullish again that the cloud will burn off. We shall see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm not so sure about the cloud burning off tomorrow till evening again if were lucky. Getting really fed up of this cloudfest of the past week. At this stage I'd welcome a standard westerly or south-westerly because at least with those I'll get to see some sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

I think we deserve it for the last 2/3 days of that cloud over N Kerry and Clare. The best day of the summer so far. Hope it holds up for the next couple days

Another unbelievable day in Cork 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Absolutely smashing day in Tralee once the morning cloud burned off. I'm still here until Monday so was thrilled to be still around. For all my complaining about Ireland, Kerry is probably my favourite place in the world on a sunny day but such days are rare here, gold dust and have to be cherished as such which is why it galls me to miss them. Because I spend so much time in summer in the blazing heat of Spain, cloud here doesn't bother me in the slightest. All I want when here is dry and reasonably warm but mostly what you get is the muck of the past two weeks. But all you need is one or two beautiful days to banish that woeful memory. Today was day 1, let's hope tomorrow is day 2. And I suppose when I come back again on 22nd it will be usual Atlantic service.😕

Cloudy today again. Hopeful for tomorrow to a be a nice day. Weather forecast had cloud rolling in quickly to the NW again on Monday so I’ll make the most of tomorrow.

Some lady for coming on here to gloat about your numerous holidays 😆 it’s like a travel blog at times.

• Advertisement

The life of a teacher / retired person 👌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Damn right. Northwesterly is very hard to move though. Azores high could be stationed where it is for weeks meaning 90 per cent of our days will have NW or W winds and just an odd S in between.

Belmullet 9hrs of sun in 9 days and Malin Head 7hrs.

Cork 50hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Sorry mcburns07 😞 I certainly don't mean to gloat. I'm just being honest about my weather experiences, a bit like people complaining during the bad spell and getting a cuff in the ear from the negativity police. But as someone said, this is a weather discussion forum so you will get a bit of everything. And if we've always to be mindful of upsetting people then a watered down, ever so polite, walking on eggshells discussion thread would get very boring imo. Yes I'm a teacher and yes I really take advantage of my summer break. And ya know what! I'll be sad leaving this lovely weather after me but I hope ye all get to enjoy it a bit longer.😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Marginally cooler in Cobh today, topped out at 22º on my station versus 25 yesterday.

Truth is that no one in Ireland is sun sure and we all take turns having, literally, our day in the sun. Cards falling for us in the SW these past few days. Enjoying it fully as manys the time everywhere bar here gets the sun and we are bathed in South coast gloom. Hopefully everyone gets their turn this month. Now back to the still warm patio!

Still 22c at Moore Park in the 9pm reports ☀️

14 in Malin 🤦🏻‍♂️ the reports from there are always miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got a little over 23c here in Southern Laois this afternoon - a few sunny spells, but thought it would open up more.

My prediction of a band of cloud spoiling the day turned out to be half-correct... Tralee stayed out in the sun, the line was more Sligo to Clonmel and back across east to Gorey or thereabouts. It's a thin enough layer of cloud too which is really frustrating. If there had been a smidgin of an upper air wind it would have broken up much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a cloudy day, its now clear here in Castlebar with a nice sunset. sets tomorrow up nicely. hopefully everyone gets a good Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Got up to 25.5 here today and still reading 19.5 at the moment Definitely the best day of Sumner so far.....

Advertisement