Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Protest in the Netherlands by Farmers.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Just make your point without being obtuse please.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

While we've obviously gone too far in the opposite direction I love how quick people are to forget where we came from. You'll still see undernourished young people here and there ya only have to go back a generation to where it was pervasive. None of my uncles are over 5 foot 10 yet one generation later a load of us are over 6 foot and the next generation now has a few 6 foot 4 lads. My dad grew up with 11 siblings in a 2 room "house" with a pigshed across the way. We're only a generation or two removed from being mud people.

At the same time though, mechanisation of agriculture has had a massive impact. Where my dad lived was full of streams with eels and fish year-round. Now there are old stone bridges over nothing. The only water is in stagnant drainage ditches. The filth is less obvious but the homogenisation is its own catastrophe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

What are "mud people"?

The most compelling reasons to have children are transcendental/ supernatural/ religious reasons.

That's why someone who had 11 children sixty years ago might have 0 now. It has nothing to do with children being 'too expensive', which I often hear people say but that is false.

I think what people really mean when they say this is that their standard of living will take a massive hit, which is probably true but doesn't mean you "can't" have children that will survive to adulthood.

Intellectuals who believe CO2 is a poison are the big losers from an evolutionary-biological perspective.

Such people now often combine several maladaptive (from the pov of passing on your genes) beliefs: climate ideology, belief in contraception, belief in abortion, belief in dedicating your child-bearing years to education/career exclusively if a woman.

Indians, Bangladeshis, Sub-Saharan Africans and even Israelis are often more "fit" than Westerners in the Darwinian sense not due to greater intellect/intelligence but by having less self-destructive beliefs and motivations and better positive beliefs (a transcendental scope for the future via animism, Hinduism, Islam etc.)

I'm not sure what the point is of shuffling around populations through immigration is.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

What did he think was going to happen when he ran from armed police?

Why was he fleeing in the first place when they were achieving their goal of blocking up that road?

How do you know the tractor wasn't going to drive the wrong way up a motorway and wipe out a few families?

What had happened before the video was recorded?

You have no idea, I have no idea but yeah sure its definitely 100% the police's fault isn't it because the protesters have been super peaceful so far haven't they, not attacking the police or anything eh?

People are so polarised just because they support a certain cause, if these were Pro Nazi protesters in tractors doing this you'd be cheering the police on for trying to stop them. Fundamentally you expect the police to discriminate against certain types of protests and not others, the laws are the laws and they only have the right to peaceful protest.

Right lads, there we have i, time to shoot every farmer in a tractor on a public road in case they might go the wrong way up the motorway and wipe out a few families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Clearly to anyone whos read my post that's not what I said at all and you didnt even try to respond with any sort of clear counter argument, it's amazing you cry murder over inaccuracies in the police statement over the shooting but then come out with your own crazy response to my post like that, bit of a double standard eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nothing obtuse about it, European populations are below replacement levels so what future generations are you referring to?

The ones that these Green lunatics are determined will never be born?

If that’s your point, it was even more obtuse than I thought

European birth rates are below replacement levels. The rest of the world isn’t. Aren’t they people too? Do you not care about anyone outside Europe?

Luckily Europe won’t be depopulated anyway, we have plenty of immigrants coming in to bump up the numbers. God bless them.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

• Registered Users Posts: 19,846 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

How do you know the tractor wasn't going to drive the wrong way up a motorway and wipe out a few families?

How do you know he wasn't on his way to rescue a busload of drowning children after their driver crashed into a river?

• Advertisement

When you see activists embracing childlessness with zeal and a kind of bitter pride it is clear they are no-hoper **** walking into the sunset of genetic oblivion.

They could live a modest life in a cottage with a traditional trade or small business and raise children frugally but choose instead to be urban leftist nuisances with iPads and show-off bicycle paraphernalia.

Don't let these **** influence you.

They can't make confirmed precise, accurate predictions about future global temperature and climate - no one can.

The primary driver of climate is the sun - and nobody knows what the sun is going to do in the future.

Another death cult member so 😂

Do you think the people who replace Europeans in this grand scheme are going to give a **** about you or the environment, or even be capable of running the show. A world run by China, that should sort out carbon emissions alright 🤣

Post edited by Dyr on

I love all people equally. You clearly don’t. Can you explain why you believe “Europeans” are somehow of higher value?

I wouldn’t mind if you actually defined who you mean by “Europeans “ first

they/them/theirs

'I love all people equally.'

No you don't unless you're some sort of psychopath.

I don't love all people equally because I'm a human and you don't either despite your virtue signalling, I love my family and relatives more than others then my friends and I'm far more concerned about my fellow countrymen and the well being of the continent that we're a part of far more than those who are further afield. This is also how the rest of the world works. Its only the death cult who like pretend otherwise.

Funny that your universal love doesnt extend to various ethnicities being in danger of becoming extinct, bet you worry about those Pandas though 😂

Ok, I don’t care if people are European or other. I think they of equal value. And I’m the psychopath? Bizarre stuff there.

they/them/theirs

Why is one genetic identity more important than another to you? You’re avoiding defining “European” because it doesn’t actually mean anything. I suspect I know what you mean though.

Ethnicities cannot become extinct. Only species can. We aren’t a different species to Africans or Asians. We are all human beings and all of equal value. Do you not agree every person is of equal value? If not, how do you decide their worth?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Was called a conspiracy theorist during covid when I called out the one sided bias from the media.

It's clear as **** day mainstream media cannot be trusted and will peddle whatever the money tells them too.

I posted 4 links of mainstream media sources covering this story. Took me one google search to find. Google it yourself

they/them/theirs

Interesting that you switched from "love" to "value" to try and make a point and assumed that I was referring only to European people. Off the top of my head, Russians, Koreans and Japanese are all below replacement rates. Perhaps you don't really care about diversity in the death cult despite all the blather 😂

• Advertisement

What is this “death cult” nonsense you keeping mentioning?

I’m still waiting for a definition of European and whether everyone is of equal value.

you failed to rebut the point about ethnicities becoming extinct. So I assume you’ve conceded that point

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I'm sure we would be saying the same thing if that happened in the USA......

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Not to veer off topic but do you not think the huge influx of immigrants is taking its toll on infrastructure in some European countries? If you look at our little island, we have a health service at breaking point and still were inviting in a ridiculous amount of immigrants, far more than our services can cope with. Its why the Brits voted for Brexit.

A time will come when the Irish will have enough too.

sensible immigration is the goal. Not open borders.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

From a historical perspective, Netherlands in living memory experience near famine conditions during the end phase of WW2 and it was only with extensive Allied logistics that starvation was averted. That Holland is even contemplating a policy that would reduce their capacity to feed the population, as agricultural is as much as a culture as an indistry, does imply a myopic blindness of the policymakers.

Of equal value to who? To me? They're not. for example, I value people that I know above those that I don't. I value friends above strangers. are you trying to make some point about considering some people not worthy of some basic consideration that you would extend to others. That would probably be racist. Like claiming that you didnt care if African people (for example) ceased to exist as they could be replaced. Thats a view you hold, I don't share it.

You can always check the dictionary if you're unsure of the definition of a word:

European

"1 : a native or inhabitant of Europe. 2 : a person of European descent."

Extinct:

"not now existing:"

Note the example referring to a people being extinct:

"Many tribes became extinct when they came into contact with Western illnesses."

Might want to get in touch with cambridge and let them know that they're completely wrong 😂

Anything else or does that conclude matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Agree. Maybe the E.U need to wake up to that reality.

I always find it interesting when these lads always try to put forward positions reliant of semantics or the redefinition of words, as though they now the ground that their on is shaky

Lets ask them to define what a woman is, usually acts like garlic to a vampire 😁

So a European is anyone who currently lives in Europe. European is not an ethnicity. Either is African to be fair. As long as people live in either continent Europeans or Africans can’t cease to exist

The genetic heritage of those people will change over time, that’s what you really mean. Europe is getting less white, I don’t care about that, only a bigot would care about it.

Thanks for the answers. It’s clearer now what about this “death cult” nonsense?

As I said earlier, if you weren’t so obtuse this would be easier. Even easier again if you came out and said what I you meant instead of slyly trying to avoid blatantly racist statements

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Why the EU? Each nation in the EU creates its own rules for immigration from outside the EU

they/them/theirs

Advertisement