Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

He won't say the price as they are not affordable to the majority of people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

File under 'lessons learned', A.K.A. 'we got caught, but we don't do accountability and won't be making any rules stopping it in the future'.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Way to look down on the great unwashed. Too low brow to have important opinions is it? I really can't stand the way the general public get put into boxes so they can be demeaned and dismissed. The general public are grand except any on social media, any protesting, any critical of government. Its very transparent.

As FF have already said, this is a crisis and all the parties should be helping to get houses built, not childish little games to block houses and then gloat when they delay people getting them. Disgusting carry on.

Sorry there is no way the like of FF or FG or their flunkies the Greens should be allowed enter more disastrous deals without being challenged. They've had over a decade to get it sorted. All we get is more of the same and them using their crisis to try excuse bad deals that enrich their friends. They can get fucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Read the article

As I said it just the latest post with the same people laughing at the housing crisis and the people affected

of course while supporting a party who would have the entire country homeless if they could….it gets more and more embarrassing by the day on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Why are you missing the main point, which is how much will this housing cost? No point in announcing some good news if all the facts are not revealed.

We are not laughing at the housing crisis, we are just wondering why you announce a housing scheme without having all the details to hand. Saying prices will be available as soon as possible means fuuck all to people who are looking to buy a house now and not next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Yes you are laughing at them. As I said you would be more than happy if the number of people homeless and stuck in housing crisis went up.

The faux outrage about the Syrian men quickly disappeared didn't it once it was fired up here for a dig? move onto the next topic.

Anyway as I said, leave you to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Another old phrase. If you have to ask the "Price" You can't afford it. 😅

BA , you appear to think people are laughing at the Housing crisis, seriously, that's an extraordinary assertion,

I'm particularly in disbelief at the incompetence of the Minister and yes he has being quite a bewildering figure.

Whilst I do try and see the satirical side to his buffoonary, I do so because I'd cry in despair otherwise.

So confusing folks opinions on his and governments farcical handling of the housing crisis with folks laughing at the housing crisis, may be a deflection tatic but it won't wash, I'm afraid .

I again remind you of the Ministers refusal to discuss costs to buyers , which you appear to be ignoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I read very informed debate on twitter actually.

I can spot the abusive trite debates a mile off and avoid.

I think the coffee house idea is great and was never a thing here but the essential point is SM is here to stay as a part of the political debate and he/she who knows how to use it will benefit from it. Time to stop whinging about it's mere existence.

So if we have the temerity to criticise what the government are doing we are laughing at the problem they allegedly are trying to fix? Thats the biggest load of horse shiit I have read in a long time. Your defence of the government sounds exactly like the ministers who were on TV and radio over the past 2 weeks defending Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

The fatal flaw in your argument is that 'Twitter is the people's forum', I put it to you that it is not, it's the forum of bots and idiots that very rarely is 'of the people', in fact it spends much of it's time as a forum ensuring 'people' are never heard as it favors corporate interests, where's your blue check mark buddy? To suggest that it's a valuable place of debate is just laughable.

Even boards, as borked and all as it is, is ten times the forum that Twitter is for 'the great unwashed'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I would like to see the investigation report published. Guaranteed there is planning corruption involved with local authorities and councillors. RTE Investigates showed that it was rampant and FFG ignored it. When will we learn? Corruption is never far below the surface of this banana republic.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Nonsense. Scroll past the bots all the time. And there is comment from all walks of life on there.

'Bots' is just a handy dimissive term because you can't stand the idea that everyone gets a say.

I was commenting on your comparison which came across as the condecending waffle one might hear from a second year uni student from a well to do background. Pretty much comparing the Frankfurt school with a social media free for all. Pretentious imo. Twitter and Facebook are merely online platforms. The quality of discussion depends on who you are talking to. You can choose to dismiss the whole platform but it won't make you right. People put too much weight in it and get disappointed. Its just a virtual barstool discussion half the time. Literally anyone with an internet connection can join in. I think that's what certain elements don't like the most.

Certain elements don't like being challenged and they certainly don't like alternative narratives coming out. Narratives they can't control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

See how far you get referring to Ellen Page (who does not and has never existed, nor certainly played a pregnant woman) before you call it a place of legitimate debate.

The more you post on it the more it seems you don't find many like minded people on there so you dismiss the whole thing. If elliot page wants to be called such why would anyone be a dick and use Ellen? It must be like the N word or some other pointless need certain elements have to do and say what they like regardless of the insults.

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Front Page headline in the Irish Mail on Sunday

Rebels to tell Martin: 'Go or be pushed"

They want him gone in the Autumn

https://twitter.com/leeofthemail/status/1545909119676186624?t=H8GOFtnxYgM80J3QZYA6Fg&s=19

This fetching picture doing the rounds on Twitter .

Hazard a guess, who's to the right of Simon 🤔 (Hint, recent resignation)

I can't "Verify" if it's been photo shopped , so to speak , so caution and bemusement required 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's an infant media source, with all that attendant carry-on and yes it is pretty useful as a channel and source of information but I don't share the glee that some indulge in about its content. It's still a sewer and should be treated as such.

Party members whingeing is as old as politics itself and it's good for them to let off steam. PPM discussions are regularly leaked in the media. It doesn't mean that it is anything more than that and it is good to talk. There's no circumstance in which this government falls in the next 12-18 months. They are hooked to each other because of what they need to do.

As for the SF side of the equation well they are now on their own to try to gather partners. The arrangements for the last two governments show that there are probably still solutions that do not involve SF as a government partner. This current one, however much backbenchers mutter about it, has the potential to be returned and offer up ministerial possibilities. The FF conundrum is what they stand for and that has nothing to do with any other party.

I'd also be wary of calling SF different to Labour. They do drift in the very same populist waters. Labour's problem and very probably SF's is that the electorate will really punish people for not delivering, especially those who set themselves up as the great hope. SF dropped 50% in the last locals and 80 seats after the high of 2014.

SM nay be Toxic, perhaps a sewer and immensely amusing at times , but why I often ask myself do politician's especially, use it , with many obsessing about it , especially FG public representatives , most notably Leo, Simon Harris (rather embarrassingly) .

I'm not on any other SM platforms apart from Twitter and even at that , not a big user. What has intrigued me of late is the absymal "Likes" posts by FFG politician's get to their posts and the extraordinary levels of negative responses they get in response and I might add from verified users.

My favourite Tweet opening line...

"I'm pleased" is used almost universally by FFG politician's only to receive a barrage of "Displeasure " in response. Why they even bother posting on Twiiter , amazes me, they actually drive alot of the Toxicity.

There was backlash against Thomas Byrne FF , Meath East yesterday who posted some nonsense about MM support and commitment re health services in his constituency, the Questions rolled in about his absence at the Navan Hospital protests yesterday, Helen Mc Entee also absent. Questions about new found concerns for example.

Whilst I have no opinion on the Navan Hospital situation, Local government politician's seem oblivious to how ridiculous they look when conveniently weighing in on a local Topic that may impact on their vote locally at the very last minute all the while ignoring what they must have been hearing on the ground. They make it even worse going on SM by making fools of themselves. It's simply beggar's belief, Government TD'S, ministers in the constituencies affected by the Navan Hospital issue , weren't aware of what was planned. I'm just using this as an example.

But often forgotten, it's actually Politician's of all persuasion or their supporter's that are infact the most Toxic people on SM, especially Twitter and dare I say , elsewhere 🤔

The fact remains, like or Loath SM , it's here to stay and many breaking News items actually appear on it before actual News organisations start reporting. Actually, I'd wager, SM actually embarrasses certain Biased News organisation to report on Topics they'd rather, not cover .

I've been following this highly respected Architect (Real , Verified Expert)

Life is a sewer if you only look at it in a certain way. SM is here to stay, and the more astute have found a beneficial way to use it while others get left behind to whinge about it.

I got very emotional on hearing of Jennifer Carroll Mc Neills constituents rising heating bills.

• Advertisement

Who says that it isn't? Yet, what you refer to as SM, has no importance in the lives of most of the population. Its benefit is to itself but that still makes it a very useful channel to engage people.

SM now stretches way beyond the snarling and ranting of the old guard and the newer stuff tends to be more niche in what it does. That's actually a good thing and a more interesting and useful future for it than the rabid incoherent echo chambers of the more traditional exponents.

Advertisement