Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I'm also curious why the US would agree to this given that they'd know it's unnecessary and and would result in a large number of their soldiers dying and being injured for no reason. That is if conspiracy theorists claims of the vaccine being useless and dangerous are to be believed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Erm, because the paperwork for killing off a bunch of young soldiers is easier if they have some vaccine reaction than if they send them off somewhere foreign to get shot at maybe?

Well I mean, you're going to need all of these guys to enforce the global communist government and to take all of everyone's property in 2030...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Master Deflector. Where everything you post has been nonsense you post anything but covid vaccine safety issues. This has nothing to do with the broader subject of vaccines either? Why are you posting this? Are you trying to claim it’s covid vaccine related, or are you doing a Buzzer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭jackboy

It is clear that the vaccines save many more lives than they kill. I know a good few who have died of covid and they all were elderly or had a pre existing condition. The vaccines are essential for such people. I know only one person who died from the vaccine and two who got life changing injuries. The one who died and one who was injured were under 60 and were healthy.

So, I would say the vaccines are safe compared to covid for the elderly and vulnerable but there is definitely a debate to be had on the safety for younger and healthy individuals as covid is much less risky for these.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

I'm not reluctant to say I disagree with the extreme claims. You have asked me before and I have told you my opinion. I don't try and pretend they don't exist, ever, let alone often. You keep saying that I do and it's absurd. I have told you I don't comment on them if I see them, (which TBH I don't very often in this thread), because I have no interest in discussing them. I think they are so ridiculous that it is a total waste of time to discuss them. I often ignore your repeated attempts to try to get me to discuss them, because that is also a total waste of my time.

I explained why I believed that figure was most likely not accurate. You ignored that.

If 40,000 people were killed by the vaccine, this would have been noticed and would have been reported on. It hasn't been. So it's not plausible to believe.

This is especially so if the number is higher up to millions of deaths.

Why do you believe that this number has not been reported?

I didn't ignore it. I expressly acknowledged it. Way more than 40,000 people have been killed by something other than Covid since the vaccine rollout began. Without any evidence as to why these people have died, the plausibility of whether or not 40k of them have been due to the vaccine is a matter of opinion. Yours differs from mine. I'm OK with that.

The spike in excess mortality has been widely reported, and reported as unexplained. Sooner or later whatever is causing this rise in excess mortality will be determined and reported. Then the plausibility of 40k or more will be known. But at this stage, it's simply an opinion.

Now, could you go back and answer my questions please?

The last time I tried to engage in good faith with you on one of your questions, I asked you to be more specific because your question was just silly as it was too broad and without context, and thus the answer would not be specific enough to be meaningful. You replied that your question was perfectly specific and concise, and then when I answered it, you complained that my answer was not specific enough!

I am not dodging your questions because I am scared of answering them, as I have told you before I ignore them because they are ridiculous. This is another example:

So again, conspiracy theorists are claiming that the 40,000 deaths due to vaccines (Which there's no evidence for) is something to be concerned about. At the same time, they have been telling us that the millions of deaths due to covid are not something to be concerned about.

Do you believe that this is a good position to hold? Or is this something to be batted away as there's nothing to see?

Your question needs more context. It seems unlikely that any posters simply said I am concerned about 40k deaths but I am not concerned about millions of deaths. If they did so, then the answer to your question is I agree that is silly.

If you want me to comment on whatever the context of these claims are then you'll have to be more specific, by quoting them. Badgering me with "I've heard conspiracy theorists claim X,Y and Z, do you agree?" is a total waste of my time and I will continue to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

King Mob seems to think that anyone who has any question on the safety or efficacy of the mRNA vax is automatically a mad anti vaxxer who does not vaxx their children and believes the earth is flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

• Advertisement

But you know better with your "leaving cert virology"

I'm not reluctant to say I disagree with the extreme claims. You have asked me before and I have told you my opinion. I don't try and pretend they don't exist, ever, let alone often. You keep saying that I do and it's absurd. I have told you I don't comment on them if I see them, (which TBH I don't very often in this thread), because I have no interest in discussing them. I think they are so ridiculous that it is a total waste of time to discuss them. I often ignore your repeated attempts to try to get me to discuss them, because that is also a total waste of my time

OK sure. You just choose not to address them or talk about them. That's believable.

This begs two questions:

Eariler when you pretending to just be concerned about the "messaging" around the vaccine, you were claiming to be worried about it effecting confidence in the vaccination program. Why are you not concerned about the effects misinformation like that seen from the anti-vaxxers?

And secondly, if you aren't interested in commenting on or discussing conspiracy theories, why are you posting here and not in a medical or science forum?

I didn't ignore it. I expressly acknowledged it. Way more than 40,000 people have been killed by something other than Covid since the vaccine rollout began. Without any evidence as to why these people have died, the plausibility of whether or not 40k of them have been due to the vaccine is a matter of opinion. Yours differs from mine. I'm OK with that.

The spike in excess mortality has been widely reported, and reported as unexplained. Sooner or later whatever is causing this rise in excess mortality will be determined and reported. Then the plausibility of 40k or more will be known. But at this stage, it's simply an opinion.

And my point is if there was a link between those deaths and vaccines that would be reported on. If it was a serious plausibility that these deaths were due to vaccinations, the possibility would be reported on.

What medical experts and medical institutions agree with your opinion that the vaccine might be or is the cause?

Your question needs more context. It seems unlikely that any posters simply said I am concerned about 40k deaths but I am not concerned about millions of deaths. If they did so, then the answer to your question is I agree that is silly.

If you want me to comment on whatever the context of these claims are then you'll have to be more specific, by quoting them. Badgering me with "I've heard conspiracy theorists claim X,Y and Z, do you agree?" is a total waste of my time and I will continue to ignore it.

That is what conspiracy theorists have been claiming though.

Just read the thread. Look at how many times the claim that covid isn't a danger is made. Between outright saying that, to repeating the meme about "99.9% survival rate." To claiming that the covid numbers are wrong and being inflated.

If you are going to pretend that conspiracy theorists haven't been claiming this, it's simply a lie.

Likewise with the claims that the vaccine is dangerous.

Conspiracy theorists have made both claims.

Which you agree is silly.

Nope. Just folks like yourself who claim it's a giant global conspiracy and who use false information, lies and dishonest tactics to try and defend that claim I call conspiracy theorists.

I never said anything about people not "vaxxing" (again that weird euphemism).

And we only bring up the comparison to flat eartherism to explain why your label of "extreme pro vaxxer" is silly.

Or when the resident flat earth pops up to agree with you guys.

If VAERS data is unreliable then why don't we have a better system? Where do you get the actual data? Is no one looking at it?

VAERS is used as a safety signal and an early warning system. It is used by the CDC and FDA. It's their system of reporting. Why is this not being acted on?

https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=CAT&EVENTS=ON&VAX=COVID19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Absolutely it's nonsensical that you have been shown all the evidence against the vaccine and like the emperor's new clothes you're afraid to admit the obvious.

The vaccines are failing left right and center, the hospitals are full of vaccinated people.

I myself who's not exactly the most sharpest tool in the box where medical science is concerned, knew that the virus will probably mutate and evolve at a fast rate therefore those vaccines wouldn't be sufficient. It's a new virus that they had **** all time to study or research.

They brought out these quick fixes and ironically the virus mutated to a less harmful pathogen. Even though it was less harmful it still evaded the vaccines.

You either have skin in the game or else you won't admit they were a failure because it's not a cool thing to do is agree with the so called conspiracy theorists or vaccine hesitant people.

No one is claiming VAERS is unreliable.

We just believe that you guys misrepresent that data.

Or in a lot of cases some grifter on Twitter is misrepresenting that data and you don't do anything to check or question it.

What data specifically are you referring to that should be acted on?

Does that study say it has anything to do with vaccines?

Also why is it published in an economics journal by an economist?

Once again I am one person. Not "you guys".

That's a very stupid and disingenuous question.

Its claiming a link between vaccine rollout and excess mortality as even a casual and rudimentary glance would tell you

What's your point about economists? Are they not allowed an opinion? Are they blind to the data?

If I said there's a 40% rise in insurance payouts to the young do you think that would an economical matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Absolutely it's nonsensical that you have been shown all the evidence against the vaccine and like the emperor's new clothes you're afraid to admit the obvious.

The emperor's new clothes hits the nail on the head for me. There is a collective unwillingness and inability to face up to the obvious truth: the vaccines are not working as well as initially hoped and expected.

This leads to ridiculous claims such as the vaccines were never intended to prevent infection or the EU has not done a 180 turn on their policy on mandatory vaccination etc.

It's bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

That's why I think that we're not the conspiracy theorists here, we're pointing out the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Where is all the evidence that the vaccines are dangerous. You haven’t provided it? Almost 300 pages in and none of the conspiracy theorists seem able to provide it.

OK. Then you, as one person are misrepresenting the VAERS data in the same way a pretty much every other conspiracy theorist on this thread.

Cool and how does this economist show that the rise in mortality is due to the vaccine?

Are only doctors involved in the global conspiracy?

As I've said:

"VAERS is used as a safety signal and an early warning system. It is used by the CDC and FDA"

That is how I use VAERS and interpret it. Exactly the same way that the CDC and FDA use it.

So why have they simply ignored the strong safety signal? Why is any criticism of the vaccine shot down immediately. That's not science, it's propaganda.

But I am not commenting on risk. I posted to counter the claim of no mandates.

That is a straw man. Some posters on here don't know what a straw man is. Well, this is a perfect example. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's difficult to find the old articles on the search on the BBC News page where it showed how many had been ordered initially, but the latest numbers ordered as of March can be seen at the bottom of this article:

BBC News - Covid vaccine: How many people are vaccinated in the UK?

A similar chart used to appear on old articles from pre vaccine rollout, and when there had been no talk of boosters being ordered, and there were several other vaccine manufacturers listed whose products never materialised. Some on that current chart have never been used, think Sanofi gave up with theirs.

It's nothing new for the military, or health care jobs, to require people to be vaccinated. This isn't something new happening because of Covid.

Cool. And you're claiming that the VAERS data is showing that the vaccines are killing people. Correct?

Also, why do you think that you are being forced to post here rather than the medical or science forums?

• Advertisement

What have you spotted in the data that nobody else has?

Would it be the people listed as having taken up smoking, or broken a leg, or got sunburn etc post vaccine that you are concerned about?

Advertisement