Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Team out, no Con or McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

would need to see the subs as well really .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

The squad is the key thing, they were never going to be named in the team. McCarthy seemed fine in that training video the other night though it's a brief glimpse.

Dublin women in big trouble against Donegal, tall order to get back into it now.

looks like the end for a few of the ladies today have done the county proud but looks like a rebuild now maybe even a new manager as well if Mick wants to step down .

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd say Bohan will go too. Bad defeat for them, but it's been coming for a while. Hope it's not a precursor for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

is there an offical list of the 26 out there seems to be different views on it but i would be very surprised if we see Con tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I think you have to deliver a match day 26 to CP 24 hours before the match. It would be released after that. Dublin choose not to publish the MD 26 but it get published anyway

Slava Ukrainii

Just kind of wondering has anyone actually seen the list and can say with certainty who is on it .

• Advertisement

I see no Con in the programme jamsie is named if that is set in stone at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭Xander10

Suppose it could change, but no signs of him in the training footage would suggest it's a no show

Examiner saying he's not on subs list. My understanding is it's only a goal keeper can be changed once list submitted to Croke Park. If there was any possibility of him playing, he'd be listed.

I’d think McCarthy has to start. Especially with it being a hammer injury. If he starts and breaks down, one sub gone, move on. If you bring him in at say half time to change things, breaks down, you’ve used two subs.

Probably for one of the half forwards, possibly Scully which then gives us the option off the bench too.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Assuming Con is out its very hard to see Dublin winning. I just don't see where the goals will come from and Dublin probably need at least 2 to win

Going to be pretty hot out there today as i have said really going with hope only but maybe Kerry will underperform and Dessie who i would think knew Con would not be able to play has us set up to give us our best chance .Kerry are rightly favs but they are not that far ahead of us on form to date .

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭toffeeshel

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Certainly the day for Costello to step up. He's got bags of talent but he's frustratingly inconsistent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The big question of the day: is gorm going to wear the green and gold today?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

• Advertisement

The bench leaves you with no hope.

We’ll need someone to surprise us off it today (Basquel or O’Dell maybe) because Kerry’s bench will definitely make an impact. Scorcher too so unlikely the starting 15 will all make 70 minutes.

Have to be careful throwing random late subs on especially if the game is close with extra time and pens in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Agree with this. With Fenton and Kilkenny burned, Fitzsimons, Cooper and McCarthy past their best this could will be handy AI for kerry beating Dublin team in transition and meeting D2 team in final. Rock won't get any frees today. Costello, Bugler, Lahiff and P.Small have never done on the big day.

Plus Jack O'Connor has won AI in year one in first and second spell as kerry manager in 04 and 09 beating Dublin both teams so will be case of third time lucky. Congrats to Kerry on 38th AI.

O’Dell & Jamesie in. Right calls I think with his injury and also having two subs to use in the forwards.

They’ve also gone all in on trying to stop Fento with Barry in. I don’t think that’s a bad thing that they’re focusing on trying to stop us.

ODell is interesting call, Small better from the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Kerry are going to take ye today. I cant see you winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Some very soft frees going their way so far.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

That's a red card.

That's disgraceful referring. Comerford got kicked in the head and absolutely nothing given. Shameful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Ginger83

How that wasn't red I don't know

Advertisement