Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yeah, Dublin now cloud free too. Bits of cloud more generally around today from looks of it. Sunny on and off in Cork city, glorious right this minute...

Am I allowed complain of being sick already of having to fill the paddling pool every morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yep. The Summer discussion group ya can complain about all things Summer.

If it ever gets to 45c in Sligo itl be still cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Very warm and sunny here in South West Dublin 😎, finally

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fantastic sunny warm morning in West Clare.

However, it's OVERCAST now. I am livid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hello Cork del Sol 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Beautiful on the Galway coast. The water is so warm and calm. Looks tropical.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Looking at the satellite on met.ie it is clearing northwards all the time. I think everywhere in the Republic anyway will see sun by late afternoon. Another scorcher down here, not a cloud around. I just know we will pay for this in due course.....

At 1pm Newport and Shannon were both at 23c, a few stations at 22c. Could get to 26c I reckon in Shannon or somewhere. We can then start the Shannon heat island discussion again! No summer complete without that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

23c here in South Laois, cloud has burned off too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Smashing day in Kerry, 23C with a light sea breeze here near the coast. Some unobtrusive cloud about, nothing blocking the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Gorgeous in D9 now too. Instantly forgetting about the days and days of stubborn cloud when the sun finally comes out.

Farming forecast had sunshine totals of 10 to 30% of average for Donegal ,Sligo , parts of Leitrim/Mayo for the past week. Parts of the Country had up to 120%.

Still overcast here, forecast last night had a sunny day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Finally sunny in Meath after what seemed like an entire week without any sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Summer has arrived in Sligo, 10th July around 3pm. Scorchio, worth the wait.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

24C now at Dunshaughlin, warmest day of the year for now! Shannon reporting 25C, it might make it to 26C over the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Mullingar Shannon and Oak Park 25 degrees at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

25c here in Carrick

Still overcast. Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got over 25c there around half an hour ago, gone back slightly below 25c here in south Laois. Humidity is in the 60s adding to the real feel.

From Met Eireann

The warmest day of 2022 has occurred today 🫠 🗓️

Air temperatures have climbed above 25°C in many locations so far today, with 25.6°C reached at Shannon Airport, Co. Clare 📈🌡️ 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blue_moon74

Absolutely glorious here in Craughwell, Co. Galway. Reading 27 C on the phone

5pm at Shannon is 26c, not sure if that is a round up of the 25.6c mentioned above...

Todays highest

I see Dunsany (10 miles to my west) got to 25C. Got very close to that at Dunshaughlin but we didn't get 25C due to the sea breezes kicking in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning day in East Cork. Here for a couple of days.

Sunny at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

I can't believe it, just home now and it's actually nearly nicer here than in Lanzorate😉.

We left a roasting but cloudy Lanzorate today to come home to beautiful sunshine.

Unbelievable I've never come home from holiday to nice weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

My courtyard garden is south west facing so a bit of a heat trap. Thermometer in the shade of a stone shed outside is reading 29 C at 18:21. Not accurate I know. But I’m melting!

Advertisement