Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Agreed but we dont have a good track record here and minister only recently brought forward the vacant property tax (next budget)

Councils not collecting vacant site levies due - Independent.ie

More than half of the country’s local authorities have not collected a single euro of the vacant site levy from landowners since its introduction in 2018, according to new figures obtained from the Department of Housing.

They also reveal only 8pc of money due for payment under the levy last year was collected by various city and county councils.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

If all else fails mention the RIC event 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

This is interestng. Verona Murphy (Independent) is voting against the goverment.

Verona Murphy was an FG candidate in 2020 until Varadkar decided to appease the morons in the Dublin media with virtue signallng. She won a seat and Varadkar lost a seat that FG had effectively won.

Regards...jmcc

Building house/apartment good one minute and next minute they are bad. Hard to keep up here

I think the easiest way to work it out is when the housing crisis getting worse then it seems a lot of the posters on here happy…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I don't put any more weight in it than I do gossip, unless from a verified source. Anyone ridiculing it for not being Reuters or Lexus nexus needs to change their view. Its an online free for all. Just because many politicians still can't get to grips with that and still aren't use to having no control over what the public hear about says more about them. Imagine a prominent politician walking into a pub and sitting with a random bunch of punters, thats what social media is. If they are only use to interacting with party stooges I can see why they might get upset.

She is cut from FG cloth, but she was too outspoken about her beliefs on re-education camps for asylum seekers. Then there was accusations of bullying.

In to tackle the perceived intent of the posters rather than the housing **** show I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yep, FF being controlled now by a cabal who have effectively merged with FG. They have zero interest in offering anything different.

The battle for the party still has to play out/be fought IMO. Will be juicy and nasty when a front is opened up, which this seems to be.

She isn't just cut from FG cloth. She is FG (or rather was) more so than Varadkar. It was a comment about unvetted asylum seekers coming in from the UK, I think. Transport operators all got briefings on it as they were stowing away in lorries, I think and she mentioned it. She was the leader of a haulage operators association so they would have been aware of the situation. That didn't play well with the morons in the Dublin media and Varadkar sacrificed an FG seat to appease them rather than putting the interests of FG winning seats first. It demonstrated how Varadkar was completely out of his depth in terms of party politics.

FG has lost seats in every election since he became its leader. It would be no surprise if he managed to cause the government to lose the MNOC with some stupid comment. Martin has to play the adult and try get support from the Independents.

Regards...jmcc

If so concerned about the housing crisis why not ask why parties continue to block houses and apartments daily all over Ireland. Dragging heels on approvals etc to increase the issue

Don't make me laugh with the faux concern, running around gloating everytime the numbers are released if they increase.

Why not go to the party you support and ask what they are doing to help? I doubt you will, no prefer to see people on the street while you cheer about the problem increasing.

Try and deny it but these threads are full of the same posters cheering on as the crisis gets worse.

The stories about vacant properties are long and incorrect. Fact is LL would prefer to keep some properties free till they get the right tenant than let in dodgy tenants. The same can be said of deluxe apartment blocks which if people are already renting they will expect similar people to rent in the property. That's why they pay higher rents. Like it or not but that's how the World works.

The laws have been changed so getting rid of bad tenants is almost impossible, I seen a person here who let their own property out while travelling and then when they returned the people refused to move out. They had to take them to court. That's how crazy the system is.

The only way to resolve this is to build, like in Dublin the shortfall of houses/apartment not built between 2014 - 2019 is still been made up. Once the demand is met then prices will level out. The problem is the shortfall can't be caught up with because thousands of building projects are getting rejected and slowed down by parties playing tactics because it is better for the housing crisis to continue. In some cases the properties finally get built but after years of delay which of course means the backup keeps to build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I think this may have tipped Verona over the edge , she mentioned she met "with her people' on the week in politics. She was president of the Irish Road Hauliers association and former business partner still very prominent in the association.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

It is funny to see the same dynamics of the 1918 GE playing out with the "haves" (the old IPP) being the FFs with ministerial positions, and the have-nots being the FFers without ministerial positions. The IPP were too dependent on their position as the House Paddies to make up the numbers for votes in the House of Commons. The FFers who are too close to FG are also the House Paddies in a similar sense. The 1918 GE had a much larger vote due to the extension of the franchise to people who would not previously have been able to vote. (Thnk of those who had grown up during the aftermath of the bursting of the property bubble being able to vote and voting SF rather than FF/FG.) The electorate that repeatedly gave FF/FG over 80% of the votes in past GEs has changed and the FF/FG share of the vote is continuing to drop.

The IPP was shown up as only representing a small percentage of the electorate who had beneifted from British misrule in Ireland. The FFers who are close to FG also are at risk of being seen to represent a small, well-off percentage fo the electorate while the larger FF party has more in common with SF than it would appear.

The things being proposed by these FFers do seem to be trying to get FF back to the old Left of centre FF. It could escalate to a split in FF as the House Paddy element of FFers with ministerial position (and too close to FG) seek to safeguard their positions at the cabinet table.

The realisation dawning on some of these FFers that FF was the biggest party and was being stomped on by FG is going to cause a lot of problems for FG. The worst case is that some of these FFers will vote against the government to save their own seats but that's very unlikely given that they have other options such as the Ard Fheis. There's no guarantee that these FFers will vote for Varadkar in December.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why are the government not doing anything to stop multinational consortiums coming in to buy up all the properties when they are built? And up until this budget, not doing anything to stop them from sitting on them. FG have literally done nothing for the housing crisis since they got into power, a more useless bunch there has never been.

It took FF to join up with them and a major pushback from the general public, for them to acknowledge there was enough of a problem that they should actually do something instead of talking about it. If there is any faux concern about the housing crisis, it is coming from the government, in particular the FG part of it, but I don't think there is even that. It looks far more like they have run out of options to put it off any longer.

Don't forget that road haulage is big business in Wexford due to Rosslare. FG needs instinctive politicians rather than preening fops like Varadkar.

Regards...jmcc

Indeed 😏 thought it was curious the day she announced her decision to vote against government, that article in the examiner 😏

Verified Newspaper, incidently 😁

The Greens being screwed on some Climate Change restrictions that were due next week may also be coincidental.

Regards...jmcc

I heard that , some delay in one of their prized program for government pledges 🤔 shocking treatment of a coalition partner 😁Pippa was mumbling uncontrollably so couldn't make out what she was talking about half of time this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I support many of the obstructions put in place to build often not fit for purpose bad deals for tax payers.

So you believe nobody is concerned about housing? You don't think the public in the throws of it care? I can see how convenient it would be to try fool yourself nobody cares.

You are confusing bemusement at the actions of government with cheering on a crisis.

Apparently neither of the 2 suspended Green TD'S have even been contacted by their parties leadership to see how they'll vote , quite extraordinary.

• Advertisement

The problem for the Greens is that when Labour was obliterated in 2016, some of the people who would have supported or joined Labour started supporting the Greens. Some even got elected in 2020. There was a coup attempt against Ryan that failed. Some of them left and set up the Left Greens or Green Left but that party hasn't done much. It would be foolish of FF/FG to think that all the Greens are as dependable as Eamon Ryan.

Regards...jmcc

Of course you support them because a certain party told you too. Never mind the people affected by those houses/apartment not getting built

Its the “I’m alright Jack so f**k you” attitude from the opposition and supporters.

I don’t care if houses don’t get built because they I can complain on the internet about it.

Sure why would a polticial party give a sh**e about houses not getting built? It’s not like any of them if affected, read out some Dear xYZ letter in the Dail with faux outrage and then walk in laughing at the pleb who think they care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Is that for the FFG government supporters? That has been their attitude.

I'm quite embarrassed to admit Pippa ran in my constituency last GE .

Why O Why is she sent out to to bat , I understand FFG TD'S in hiding but mother of God she thinks its all putins fault 🙄

Well she wasn't elected. She's a senator rather than a TD. The whole clip looks like something from "The Thick Of It".

Regards...jmcc

Familiar to here - can’t debate so fires out the Putin shite

Remind me who constantly thinks debating is slapping up some comment from twitter or even better, a twitter comment from a fake news website

And of course if that fails, mention the RIC event

Remind me who has nothing to offer but scolding other posters who have the temerity to criticise FF and their partners?

Yes thankfully never elected , mind numbingly out of touch .

• Advertisement

Oddly enough it was a question from Aine lawlor that set her off on a tangent.

Advertisement