Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Fenton, Kilkenny, Costello and Rock very quiet....Dublin's forward unit just not at it...very reminiscent of their league form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Comerford is a disgrace, faking an injury before the penalty and making a meal of the followup of the second one where the ball was there to be won.

I was a neutral before the match, not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Ginger83

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Yeah, it's clear Comerford stuck the head on O'Shea's boot there. Should have been given a yellow for recklessly endangering poor O'Shea. He could have broken the man's foot.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

this is a moment for Costello, he needs to step up. No point doing it when you're team is coasting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Three people ejected from the Hill by the half yards - none of them wearing blue!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭C__MC

Should have won that, Dublin will be kicking themself

There ya have it, a lad who shouldn't have been on the pitch gets the winner.

Anyway, good luck to Dessie in whatever he does next but I don't want him anywhere near this team next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ha ha. Imagine being so neutral and then coming into the Dublin thread to utter that swill.

This much vaunted Kerry team took a couple of ropey decisions to get through us. That's the most infuriating part. Absolutely there to be taken and we had no right to be that close in the end if you were to listen to the naysayers before the game.

McCarthy was a demon. Couldn't be prouder of them. Owe us nothing.

Now, Gaillimh abú!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Away with that.

kerry could have had ye dead and buried. Missed penalty, start of second half if Clifford or o’se had that ball coming along the ground they’d have slotted it away instead of the foul pick up from o’brien.

kerry let ye back into it and you showed great heart and character but Kerry overall deserved it. More incisive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Just sat down thought Kerry were a wee bit better but we had a chance near the end to work a score and lack of composure cost us the chance.The lads gave it a go not the time for having go just now .

The penalty was a dive. The follow through by O’Shea was pure dirt and HQ need to take a look at that with the disciplinary panel.

Kerry let nobody back into the game, we dragged ourselves back in to it with some good play at times.

Tough to lose on the back of two of the softest frees you’ll see given all year. The last one on Clifford was extremely debatable and the one before that was another dive.

A lot of our lads stood up in that second half when it counted and couldn’t ask for more than that.

The wides in the first half were significant in the end. Dublin do need to unearth some forwards, Rock will probably retire, Costello too inconsistent, Small doesn't do it, Scully and Howard are excellent players but not enough scores...McCaffrey won't be back and can't see Mannion back either. Arran Byrne, the Basquels just haven't delivered at this level...

Cooper, Rock, Fitzsimons (though he'd like a ninth medal, he hasn't had a good season) will go, McCarthy may hold on for the 9th medal...

Interesting time ahead for Dublin, not convinced Farrell is the guy to bring them forward.

I would say that we will lose a few big names meaning a serious rebuild and it looks likely to be a big job finding the players up to standard .Have been fairly critical of Dessie so hopefully there are some better options available but it's a big job ahead .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Awful that two handy frees at the end decided it. The referee was happy to give them for Kerry the entire game in truth.

Disappointed by the Dublin performance though. Decision making poor, beaten all ends up tactically and certain players let themselves down badly. John Small was awful and i'm not just judging him on the black card. Shame becuase we're really not that far off and I don't believe Kerry have made great improvements to overtake us. We've just turned our backs on some of the principles that characterised the team of the recent past.

James McCarthy is the best player to ever play for Dublin. His drive and selflessness are remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

That Dublin team of recent years are the greatest football team of all time. It will be interesting to see where Dublin go from here, but i honestly don't expect them to be down for too long imo.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

I wouldn’t mind but he missed some fairly blatant stuff at the other end. There was a clear foot block on Kilkenny when the scores were level. He was surrounded by Kerry players and tried to kick pass it back only for his foot to be blocked with a foot. I like a ref to let the game flow but to pick and choose when you do it can be frustrating for supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Hard luck. Kerry seem to have a wobble in them, I thought ye might nick it at the end. Kerry probably deserved it in the end. Ye look to be a little light at the back, I can see why the hurler was brought in this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Rubbish diving and feigning injury he was entitled to ho for the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It’s a Gaillimh geansaí I need. Will probably end up having to go to the final due to family connections.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

McCarthy was my motm..what a player ,the driving force..the rest seemed nullified to shoot.

The attacking patterns today were like something you'd see in an underage game. The style of attack is very easy to shut down if you don't have a runner with pace breaking through or better movement on the inside line.

Frustrating to see us like in league games playing the ball too slow and out to the corners .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Great game, nothing went our way. Black card rule is absolute bollix, worse punishment for fouling a lad without the ball.

Absolutely loved it.

Up the Dubs!!

Wont bother with the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Good summary.

always going to be a close game but when the 3 most critical decisions made by the ref are incorrect… no red, diving for the frees…. What can you do… and trust me, nothing will get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Yeah like faking injury after being kicked in the head and having your arm stood on. What an arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Allinall

Dublin supporters here are being a bit delusional, and grasping at straws.

Kerry were by far the better team. Way more skilful.

If Dublin had have won, it would be robbery.

Referee was fair in my opinion, so any complaints there is just sour grapes.

suck it up folks. Hard times ahead for the dubs.

And I’m a dub supporter for a long time.

• Advertisement

Open your eyes and stop making things up..

Advertisement