Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ineffably stupid. Reach for the populist insult rather than address issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I'm sure some of the money experts could advise Her constituent. That one less bottle of champers per day add up to a saving enough for the heating bill. Or not have the pool heated when not using it 😚 Even turning off the lights in the room your not in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Okay horse, forget me for 5 minutes.

You accept there's a housing crisis that continues to get worse? If so, do you accept there are people who support no party that are pretty browned off?

All you do is use your perception that everyone is biased to try ignore the real issue of housing.

If you want 'im alright jack', look at FF/FG insisting on really poor housing policy despite it obviously making matters worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Why forget about you? you support a party that is trying to make the housing crisis worse daily then you come on here to gloat about it?

So yes you are the "I'm alright jack". The supporters of FF/FG/Greens want the issue resolved in housing, that is shown on this thread and others.

You keep accusing people of ignoring the housing crisis or "deflection" when nobody is. So try a new one. Everyone on here had admitted Ireland has a housing crisis.

Laughable you talk about housing policy, the housing policy at the moment is to get people houses/apartments. But you don't give a shi*e about that do you? prefer to slap a party on the back while they keep people on the street. But sure why do you care?

Not happy when it's pointed out to you?

As I posted before, if you actually gave a sh*te you would go to your local representative and tell them to stop the shi*e, according to you lot the next election is already won, tell them to stop the shi*te and get people into houses now. Will you? not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

When did I mention private photos of a TD? You also mention posting from a fake news website, can you enlighten us which website you are referring to?

Again you state we are laughing at the housing crisis where did you pull that one from? I have never laughed at the housing crisis.

I have also never mentioned the RIC event on here.

You see what you want to see and not the reality which is valid criticism of the government.

Post edited by skimpydoo on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Japers, forget as in try stay on a topic without putting in your fake made up ideas of people that suit your narrative. I don't support SF and am not a member. It shouldn't matter either way if you had the wherewithal to speak on topic without using your made up ideas on others and stuck to the topic.

You're rambling and ranting here and all against things you made up.

I support every party that blocks **** builds.

I mentioned the RIC/Tans event a few weeks ago and he accused me of always mentioning it.

Nobody is rambling or ranting.

My narrative is to solve the housing crisis? Yes I know you don’t support solving it, That exactly what I’m saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Could you please let FG know your plans as they have had 11 years now at it and are failing spectacularly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Let us not forget who caused this housing crisis, and then who also did absolutely nothing about it when it was getting way out of hand, Now the developers are prospering from it and often controlling it.

Coveney's very poor stint as housing minister is overlooked, not because he didn't fail at the gig, which he did, but because the minister who came after him, Eoghan Murphy, was so bad, people often forget Coveney was even a housing minister in the first place

Just listing to morning Ukraine (sorry Ireland) and my god the first half hour desperately staying clear of matters closer to home. Theyve discussed the conservatiive Party leadership contest and a bizzare piece about the history of Bonfires in Northern Ireland. Now on to sport, finally a mention of the MONC, 40 minutes into the broadcast.

It's beggar's belief that the national broadcaster Flag ship news and current affairs programme avoiding the various elephants in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is no longer any story. It's all over now with the confirmed McHugh and MacSharry votes, not that it wasn't likely to fail anyway but Nessa can flirt with the media all she wants.

Post edited by is_that_so on

Apart from the little matter of MONC, there are many stories the National broadcaster could be covering , Housing, Cost of Living crisis, Health service crisis, indeed a curious story about a former Department General Secretary and Uber lobbying, Green Ministers taking Business class flights, Shenanigans at ABP, the not quite finished GP contract debacle, Navan Hospital protests over the weekend, Still unresolved MICA issue to name but a few Topics..

Now, Ametur Boxing up for discussion 🙄, Jack Chambers has dropped in, perhaps he might shed some light on matters political when he's finished talking about earth shattering important news on Boxing.

Has anyone forgot? also if we want an adult conversation you need to look at all the people involved but I doubt you want that.

Incorrect on did absolutely nothing as well, but I am sure you are aware of that. They did something

So you share an article from a journalist which is behind a paywall. But I take the article is complaining because the government is trying to fix the problem?

So you think it is worse to try fix the problem than the opposition parties which are trying to make the problem worse?

Have you worked out the issue yet?

The government is in place since 2020

The only new story in there is that boxing vote and the rest of them have nothing new to show, so not current news.

Jack Chambers claiming contact has been made with the two rouge Green TD'S by the Green chief Whip, this contradicts what Nessa said over the weekend, Jack was able to confirm these naughty government TD'S have yet to make up their minds.

Indeed nothing new to show, that says it all, Government inaction.

They are trying to gain and keep viewers. If you think repeating the same information over and over for affect is what people want to hear you are sadly mistaken

Lol gain and keep viewers by avoiding real news 🙄

Not sure if your listening but a very tragic and shocking story now being discussed (actual news worthy), MM apparently far to busy to engage in what by any measure is shocking.

• Advertisement

The definition of real news here seem to be what you call real news. Stories have a news cycle, in most cases barely one. All you've done is produce a long list of stories that have currently passed out of that cycle because there is no absolutely new information on them. Stories that have not been updated tend not to be of interest to the public.

I think you will find that when a certain group keep rehashing the same story online they think it is still relevant.

Like the RIC parade which of course gets mentioned here every few days, I am sure they would love if Morning Ireland had a huge sector ever morning just to discuss what happened in 2019 and the result of the government listening to the people and pulling the event.

Real News is current news much of which RTE seem to ignore.

Were onto breeding Cranes now (not the Building one's, Heavens above)

Story of interest of course but surely a piece on their website would suffice.

Marian Harkin not voting confidence. Cathal Berry dithering but of course will vote confidence. The usual predictable Brigade of alledged independents will of course vote confidence. All very predictable and result a certainty but of course that's not really the point, it was never going to pass but it will give some insights which the electorate can utilise next GE. TD'S of all persuasion in for an ear bashing if they can pull themselves away from vacationing over the next two months.

I still think there's so much uncertainty within FF and possibly Greens about continuing this charade and Leo's next stint as Taoiseach not at all assured.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,909 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The question I asked was which trip was more useful. You seem to think that a freebie junket to Australia for hobnobbing at a pointless 2k a plate dinner is more important than showing solidarity with Ukraine, but hey, whatever.

Hmmmm, rehashing old news ......

Let's just recap shall we .

This week’s vote of no confidence will be dominated by delivery failures, housing, health,cost of living but time should really be devoted to the sleaze and entitlement of this govt. A reminder of their recent past ...

Katherine Zappone makey-uppy critical appointment for a role that’s still vacant.

Attorney General publishes his advice on Leo’s attendance at Zappone’s party.

Attorney General advising on residential rent freezes while being a landlord himself

Leo Varadkar covertly giving a confidential govt document to his friend at a rival union which was threatening to stand candidates against FG in local elections, Sean Fleming justifying the leak because it aided transparency. This story still has legs...

Eight veteran govt politicians taking all-expenses jollies to the races paid for by the gambling lobby, knowing they wouldn’t have to declare it because it was worth €650 and branding the source of the Irish Daily Mail expose a “snitch”.

Cash-for-visas scheme and alledged payments of commissions to agents.

Secret deal to release scion of FG royalty Richard O’Halloran from China with govt underwriting recovery of assets, Alledgedly.

Leaking of Mother and Baby Home report, not reporting the leak to Gardai, Micheal Martin not “getting to the bottom of it” after 18 months.

Solo-run by Foreign Affairs minister Simon Coveney to spend €120m buying from his schooldays friend the right to host a yachting regatta - now abandoned.

Appointment of AG and FG activist Seamus Woulfe to the bench of the Supreme Court without reference to party leaders.

Helen McEntee receiving "Forgetful" donations from Tayto whose business she lobbied to protect from Covid restrictions – donations since returned.

#Golfgate and a judge who didn’t realise there was a group of 36 people 8 ft behind him through an opened partition.

Retaining #Golfgate and ex-FG senator Imelda Henry as an inspector of prisons, a record 70 special advisers costing us €35m in a Dail term with around 25 recruited from media.

Keeping the FAI board vacancy open until Shane Ross left govt and he couldn’t continue to object to (Admittedly, last government, but, but , but , but .....

Robert Watt appointment on conflict of interest grounds, Robert Watt and his 40% salary increase from €200,000 to €280,000.

Running party lotteries without a licence, abandoning a lottery after a court challenge, forcing through last minute changes to proposed legislation to allow super-lotteries. Good man Darragh, you are useful at something at least, Strokes.

Just a tiny snap shot of "Old Stories' I could spend the day reviewing the Shenanigans of this & previous Government. And MM going to stand up in the Dail tomorrow, with a straight face and list off his governments achievements 🙄

I'll have the pop corn at the ready ...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Undeliverable really, at least you have the courage and integrity to acknowledge the housing crisis, and as an added bonus, even admitted that it's worsening.

2011 >>> 2022 under FFG.

Senior Hurling.

Not at all sure how you come to that conclusion, I simply pointed out (yet again) facts which you repeatedly deny around the €2k dinner .

And I reiterate, glady, MM trip to Kyiv was nothing more than Virtue signalling, utterly pointless, Costly and achieved ZERO. And rightly recieved, little attention.

The spin has begun around the commission on Defence. Coveney will announce an increase in spending up to 1.5 bn by 2028. You read that right. The decision by the recently departed from the whip to back the govt means Cathal Berry can tread water if he chooses to.

So there will be probably an extra 100m in Defence in 2023 and if govt lasts they will line up another 100m in 2024. And if they lose election they hand a serious problem to SF.

Its clever politics but playing politics with the defence of the country is about as bad as it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Seems to be a few negative stories about the Greens recently. The Indo (a bit of an FG party paper) has a story about Eamon Ryan and Catherine Martin flying business class despite these seats having three times greater carbon footprint than economy class seats. It is laughably a "premium" article.

Regard...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

Advertisement