Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

Dozens of EV6's at Dublin port this morning. Unfortunately, none for me as I had the dreaded call from my dealer this week after ordering in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

No, I had ordered an Earth and was expecting to collect in July. Dealer said he won't be getting in anymore EV6's until after Christmas so offered my deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ballylad

Hi anyone have any issues fast charging at Portlaoise plaza 150kw charger?, would not connect, tried customer ecars support but no luck with charge, first time using a fast charge on my ev6. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

I used it last week without issue, but it is only pushing out max 50KW which is noted on E-cars app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Just got the recall for the Shifter Control Unit performed, no additional software or firmware updates applied.

But I did get to see a Yacht Blue GT Line that's being delivered to someone in the next few days, amazing colour (first blue GT Line I've seen), someone will be very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

My one undergone shifter control unit check up as well. Dealer mentioned something about remote heater firmware update applied as well. Didnt get anything in writing so not sure what that upgrade implies. So might have to contact him again. Will keep ye posted

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

carzone is showing that Nyhan Motors are still taking orders for the GT line but 2023 delivery - anyone rang about this as i think they just haven't taken the ad down? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does anyone know if there's any way to connect a video input to the centre console? Like a HDMI input or something?

It'd be handy for the kids at charging stops, could connect a Switch or something to play some games

Of course the adults might like to play as well 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

collecting new EV6 this week .. anyone recommend some good seat covers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Got mine done last friday : SCU fix + heater + other one (didn't say but it should be the traction control issue which was floating around) - was told they had stopped taking new orders as they can't fullfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Got a call form the dealer today and my car will be ready for collection next week. Cant wait to pick it up. GT line yacht blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Loads of EV6s at the dealership this morning.

remote heating has been fixed as well! So anyone having this issue from day one should get theirs fixed with SCU upgrade 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Is anyone else getting charged for the FREE Kia Charge deal ?

AFAIK it's supposed to be IONITY Power Package for 12 months at no monthly cost, but I've been still been charged €3.95 after the discount with no usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

my remote heating seems to be partially fixed, bit of a workaround involved.

If I send the command to start climate control from the app, and then refresh the status of the car (beside the notification bell) I then see the "Target temperature" (beside the remaining range) change to my requested temperature. I have to keep refreshing it as the target temperature shoots back up to 27 degree for some reason.

Sort of fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

contact Kia charge ... I had issue after initial setup - the car VIN wasn't recognised and the promotion wasn't applied. On the kia charge portal, you should see this under your profile : Voucher : IONITY Power Package 12 Months No Base Fee / Package : IONITY Power

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Saw my first 222 EV6 today in Waterford parked outside homebase. Would have gone to chat with the owner (there was a man sitting in driver seat) only I was running late.

Black. Looked absolutely stunning in the sunshine.

Good luck and well wear whoever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

With the temperatures rising finally, anyone having issues getting the AC to blow cold air ? Minimum temperature that I am able to set is 17, which is still warm air.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

Is the AC button lit up? Just double checking. You must have an issue if it's not blowing cold air, mine is set to 21ºC at all times and you can definitely feel it blowing cold air.

• Advertisement

I've no issue, even used the remote climate control to pre cool the car. The thing is 17 degrees doesn't mean the air is that temperature, it will be as cold as it needs to be to get the cabin to that temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Yep, AC button is lit up. Guess there must be an issue. Due to drop it in for software update , so will mention that to them,

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

In that case the AC is supposedly turned on, so you should feel the air coming in cold, even if the car is set to a higher temperature than that. It must be an issue so.

is this deal only applicable to Ionity chargers or discounts can be applied to regular ESB units as well? Not that many Ionities around country anyway! Any point signing up?

Only Ionity, they're part of the group that owns Kia or Hyundai part owns both. Either way it's just because of a business partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

Just checked and they have now extended the maintenance window to ~ 20th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

Quick query folks - bit of a strange one ... but every time I use the kia ireland website, the page always scrolls to the bottom almost immediately. Havent found it happening to any other website. Has anyone else had this experience?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Force a webpage reset, Control F5 from memory, then maybe delete the cookie monster

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

How accurate is the onboard tyre pressure monitor readings? Checked each tyre with the supplied air compressor and the readings were 2 to 3 psi higher than the TPS system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 malfunction99

Pushed out yet again to the 27th July - it does not fill me with confidence the fact they cannot keep to a schedule.

Advertisement