Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head to head comparison, 2 gaming laptops - one budget, one refurbished (Lenovo Ideapad Vs Legion 5)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Feedback I was give on the Legion 5:

Lenovo legion 5 highest wattage for the rtx 3060 at 130watts . Vapour cooling. IdeaPad is its budget one legion is the better model it's not even a comparison . Non other comes into comparison due to their built quality in terms of the legion not the acer or the lenovo IdeaPad.or the msi.

Honestly the ideapad is best option for pricing, I'd personally go for the Ryzen 7 Lenovo for the extra bit of processing power but that's based on my needs

For gaming only, you're fine as is with the 5600h

Maybe you can try for the MSI katana but I hear thermal throttling is an issue alongside a lower wattage 3060 at ~80w compared to both Lenovo options at ~100w

Anything additional?

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

E mailed that dude from the comparison youtube channel:

Ideally stay away from the quad core options like the Dash F15 from last year. The Legion 5 is my favorite out of the list.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

Other comments:

There is a huge difference between the RTX 3060 power in these laptops. The

IdeaPad Gaming 3 runs at 90W while the Legion 5 runs the RTX 3060 at 130W. The Legion 5 also has a MUX switch which is another 5-10% performance increase.

There is also lil bit better CPU in the Legion 5.

If you can afford it definitely go with the Legion 5.

Definitely the legion. IdeaPad is lenovo budget series and definitely have cut corners in a lot of matters.

Moreover the rtx 3060 in the legion is of 130watt and the IdeaPad is of very low wattage and is not even comparable in terms of performance.(this is deal breaker for me ,for absolute performance) .the screens are better on the legion. The thermals are better on the legion.

The legion is light years ahead of the IdeaPad.

The only reason one would go for the IdeaPad is cause in some countries the legion are priced ahead and for people budget concerned can't afford it.

Apparently there is absolutely no reason to go for a budget built IdeaPad unless you really have to . Everyone will definitely go for the legion without a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

Pretty much sums it up. The max tdp of the gpu would be a huge disparity between them. Like 2 diffent processors with that much between them. Legion 5 all the way. Mux switch means you can switch off integrated graphics in the bios to allow the gpu get more performance. Handy if running on a monitor at higher resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Jon Doe

Plenty to pick from:

https://geizhals.eu/?cat=nb&xf=11295_03+05+16+-+RTX+3060%7E12_16384%7E2379_15%7E6748_0.4%7E6748_23%7E6751_0.4%7E6751_25%7E9595_6

if you're picky about "Refresh Rates" you may want to restrict that to 120Hz or better... 😜

• Advertisement
Advertisement