Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pride ends media partnership with RTE over Liveline's Gender Identity discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭AllForIt

GCN.ie did an amazing bit of investigative journalism on this;

https://gcn.ie/three-people-hospitalised-violent-attack-dublin-pride/

Basically what they did was repeat what they read on the internet, allegedly.

Not too shoddy at all considering GCN gets it's funding for free, from us.

Three people have allegedly been hospitalised...

So many weeks after these attacks, the people have "allegedly" been hospitalised?

That's got to be the most unusual form of "allegedly" I've come across in many a long year.

A take from a LGBTQI+ activist.

Recommended reading if you suffer from insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Whats trans pride ? seems only about 8 of them anyway. I wager the Attack has turned out to be a row between members of the community why it's dropped off now. Will stand corrected if otherwise reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

I assume its Pride but for the trans community. There was parades in various locations.

• Advertisement

They took over gay pride and then have a trans pride of their own.

So can we have GAY PRIDE back then?

In 10 years it will be minority pride

Already on the flag. But I prefer the original Rainbow one. New one looks very well. What's the circle on it for.

The circle represents progressive lefty weirdos.

• Advertisement

I think we need to know the real name of 'Izzy Kamikaze".

The press are saying she's an 'activist', but she's no Peter Tatchell. Tatchell is a controversial figure, but at least we know his name and we know what he's about. And he is very happy to make appearances on GBNEWS to argue his case. Fair fecks to him. Izzy is no Tatchell or even remotely like. There is no evidence that Izzy achieved anything in terms of gay rights or any kinds of rights, yet she seems to be revered in the LGBTQI+ fantasy community. If anything she does more harm than good.

Izzy's psychology is that she spends her whole life f*cking with normal peoples minds but what she doesn't get is ones problem with her is not her category identity, but that nobody cares for her personally. At least Tatchell is somewhat likeable, unlike her.

Izzy's 'powerful statement' is nothing more than a load of tittle tattle.

Izzy is a weirdo and everyone needs to know this.

I dare you Izzy, the activist that you are, to come on here and debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

You must have missed the memo on "not only women get pregnant, men can get pregnant".

They would tell you, without irony, that the person who is pregnant IS a man, a pregnant man and that the person with the penis and sperm who got the 'man' pregnant is absolutely a woman.

You would be the bigot to not 100% agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What a bitter spiteful rant 🙄. Izzy owes you nothing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I had never heard of Izzy Kamikaze until today, and now I wish it stayed that way.

Aside from the quite frankly ridiculous name, her article is premised on the assumption that The Countess lied.

But so what, even if that were true?

The circumstances that led to the Liveline debates matter little to me, as the debate that it sparked and the reaction that ensued from Dublin Pride, was well worth it.

The irony is that by reacting in the way that trans activists have, support for this Countess and her exposure to the public could not have been greater. So from a PR perspective, TRAs and Dublin Pride pulled off an epic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I'm not a doctor so I don't know. Some drugs can cause huge damage to babies. Take Epilim for example, it used to be widely prescribed as a safe effective drug for Epilepsy, then it turned out that it causes fetal damage so bad that it's usually no longer prescribed to epileptic women of childbearing age. There's been cases associated with that in Ireland recently, because Irish Consultants were still prescribing it to women long after other countries had banned it's use for women and those women had no idea of the risks it posed.

Women are meant to have a balance of hormones, hormone levels. So if a woman is taking in much more testosterone than she should be then not only her body will be affected. Everything that goes into the mother's bloodstream can affect the baby. Take a look at Crack babies, the ones that screamed in agony as they went through withdrawal for ages after birth because they had become addicts in there mother's wombs. So honestly, I really don't think it's in the best interests of a baby for their mother to be taking in chemicals that their body wasn't designed to take.

There was also the Thalidomide scandal where the anti morning sickness drug that was considered safe and effective caused massive birth defects in children. There is scarce evidence available about the long or short term risks to the children of women who identify as men who are taking male hormones to try to become men before and while pregnant. The reason being that only a minute number of cases exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭archfi

There are a few mini-Kamikaze's on this forum.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Faking hate crimes is wrong, you wouldn't agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Real name Ruth O'Rourke. That information is in the public domain and can be found with a google search.

And I owe this 'organizer of a pride march' nothing either.

Izzy now describes herself as a 'gender non-conforming' Lesbian. You mean a butch dyke.

She has written in her blog that butch dykes are being challenged in women's toilets because the occupants think they are transgender. This is a carbon copy of what Stonewall have been saying in the UK. It's total lies. If anyone is importing anything from the UK on trans issues it is her.

Going back to her opinion piece, the way she described the debate on Liveline bears no resemblance to what I listened to.

She describes The Countess as TERFS because they don't think that Sara Phillips, a transgender woman, a farther of 3, should be appointed to the board of the Women's Council of Ireland. What's wrong with that?

Anyone that listened to the Liveline discussion knows a person by the name of Kathleen Flynn was given the opportunity to express her opinion of The Countess. So the idea that RTE supported The Countess, and didn't platform anyone with a contradictory view, is a lie. Izzy is lying herself.

• Advertisement

Anti lockdown protest where's the LGBT angle come in ?

In London at the weekend there was a trans pride event.

This makes no sense. Gay Pride was reduced to Pride to include trans and whatever else.

A veteran UK broadcaster Steve Allen (who is gay) was saying on this radio show that he went into London city on Pride day and he didn't see the term 'GAY' anywhere.

What the hell is going on?

Gay is not enough to be special anymore. Why we have alphabet. Battles are won mostly for the Gay community we all supported that. Trans seems to be hijacked by the alphabet types. Pushing more and more. Back in My day these people would have been Goth as that was the in thing at the time.

Exactly.

The Countess's gripe was only an 'angle' by RTE to discuss the wider subject.

And of course the militants, like Izzy, don't want any discussion at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

think i read here about the old prostrate test , that must be a real kick in the **** for some people :)

I still have no idea why a person who got hit in the head at a "anti lockdown" protest is linking it to LGBT ? even in the interview mentions their an LGBT activist in relation the the protest and court case.

People like Izzy spend their whole life sticking it to normal people. She would be one who would talk about diversity and inclusion when she revels in being an 'other'. She reminds me of those Vietnamese soldiers who were discovered living in forests 20 years after the war ended thinking the war still active.

And you're right, gay is not special anymore. That is why she describes herself now as 'gender non-conforming'. Giving herself a new identity she never used 20 years ago, to keep doing what she's always done, revealing in being an other and sticking it to normal people.

I'm afraid to say that this is true.

People want to feel special and the best way of achieving that is the comfort of a label. And not just labels re: sexuality and gender, but any form of label that 'adds meat' to an identity. You often see the same thing with medical diagnoses. There are a small number of people who'll go out of their way to make sure you absolutely know what medical labels they have. Any point of difference can be used by the same people, either to make themselves out to be a victim or to make themselves stand out in comparison to the boring, normal crowd, or both.

Someone mentioned Goths above, and that's the same kind of phenomenon. Catch a vibe, pin your label, and make sure that you stand out and get noticed and become the centre of 'normal' people's attention. It's nothing more than age-old narcissism, attention seeking, an extreme sense of self-absorption.

Some people don't want to be included, they want to feel special about themselves (presumably due to a chronic shortage of self-confidence). Gathering in a larger group and shouting out how special you are, and forcing others to conform, can become an attractive solution to that.

As Jordan Peterson said, gender non-conformists and so on are simply describing differences in personality and temperament.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

The irony is that so many of today's teenagers don't seem to have any real style identity. In the 80's and 90's, my generation, there were so many different tribes if you like. For me it was grunge and goth for a while, then the smarter chicer stuff as I got older. Secondary school was like an episode of Beverly Hills 90210, almost everyone cared about what they wore. Now when I see groups of teens there's so many unisex tracksuit bottoms and hoodies, sometimes it's hard to tell from the back whether it's a girl or a guy.

There are very few young people where I live, which is a large enough town, who stand out from the crowd. It's track pants and hoodies or hoodies and ripped jeans. All that really matters is that people are happy enough in their own skin but I don't think they are. There have never been so many people on anti depressants and anxiety medication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Izzy has been caught out on a lot of porkies over the years and it's caused her to loose a lot of respect she may have built up over the years.

Advertisement