Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭divillybit

Yep you're right, the Russell fella mentioned that. Must be a fair drain on the engine those transmissions.

Few interesting remarks about those old Massey's turning the steering wheel to help get the 1st tractor started wto let off the pressure on the closed centre hydraulics, and leaving the forward reverse lever in gear when doing stationery work.

I’m just sticking with Gerry Phil and Adrian from now on from Ireland along with Drew, farmer P, dale farm and the funky farmer, not forgetting evenflow lol. The Americans are living on a different planet along with Tom. Mc milking it posting a video tonight about making quality silage when I haven’t been able to grow an inch of grass for the past month. Obviously it most be outdated but even so, no mention otherwise. Same with that lad from Kerry that does the a.i, just trying to jump on the bandwagon. I know what to expect from the 3 lads, we all do and respect it, nothing to do with that fact that they post on here. We know where their coming from and where they started, even if their big time in 2 years like Tom p, we will still follow. I liked that lad from Wexford that had videos but not for a while, can’t remember his name. very hard to understand though. I’d say his dad most not have like some of the comments as they were a few years behind the times. He did have very good viewing figures for the size of channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭White Clover

Yeah the local lads are good in fairness. That small farm was good too. Can't think of the name of the channel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

....Its a farming life for me ....and finnigans farm are also brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Farming life at la forge is pretty good also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

Forgot about that it's brilliant also........olly blogs getting a bit annoying also he can spend spend spend on machinery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Discovered "drone dairys" recently,dairy man in cavan.could be one for the future to watch out for.

I agree, I liked their recent silage videos and the dad who’s old school, la forge. I like channels that put it all out there which she/they do. I really liked when he was giving out about the hunting over in France which I feel the same way here. I find the 2 ollys a bit annoying. Although ollys farm recently did up a 135 and said it cost 12k to do which is not figures you hear YouTuber’s throwing out there so he got a like because of it but otherwise I find him very annoying lol but on the flip side you could say his enthusiastic about farming which I was 10 years ago haha. I guess it all comes down to how you feel about farming on any given day which we all know can kick you in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Only started watching it last week. Met himself and the wife over at the highland show a few weeks back and got chatting for ages and he told me to check out the YouTube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

ollys farm is a bit of a tosser I think

I do like olly agricontract though. Nice short videos and there’s some bit of information you pick up on every video I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Sean o falluin regenerative farming ireland is brilliant.

Very interesting what he's at

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone see the latest @IFarmWeFarm7615 video on the dairy farm in Poyntzpass? Fantastic setup with all the technology. However, the old fella is very impressive with all his innovations and bits of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I watched it yesterday and found it very interesting although I don't like the idea of cows in 24/7/365. Adrian did mention that there are robot set ups with cows out grazing which is IMO the better option. There is a dairy farm near Carnaross and they have robots milking and the cows come in from the paddocks.

The old man was very impressive with all his engineering skills. The drinkers and the foot bath were a great idea.

I would be of same opinion on housing them. I think Tom P had a video with a family in NI using an ABC grazing system which seemed quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

The editing on Adrians videos is really top notch compared to other youtubers. Have really noticed over the past few videos. I wonder what editing software he uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭IFarmWeFarm7615

Yes John’s father Pat was a true inspiration, he has a kitted out metal working shed out the back and apparently spends hours in it every day. Powerful head on his shoulders for sure.

Final cut pro X lad, sometimes imovies as well, would of used these from the start although a got a faster laptop in January that made editing so much faster and easier. I cut back on the music a bit as people seem to like the natural sounds in the background more “ engines noises and so on “ 👍

Ya I personally would be on the same page there, cows outside as much as possible but indoor dairy farms seem to be on the rise. I passed through a place called Keady on the way to Johns and noticed 2 other farms along the road side with cows indoors. Zero grazing has really got popular too with farms in my own area having cows housed at night and out in the day. PS hope I’m replying to these posts correctly as not sure whether to hit Reply or Quote

Post edited by IFarmWeFarm7615 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

You'r my favourite - straight in - no long introductory spiels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

You had a few shots a few weeks ago where you were using the forks on the loader and switching between the go pro mounted on the tractor and the drone above you. It was probably 10 secs of footage but must of took a fair amount of editing. How long would it take you to edit a 10 minute youtube video?

• Advertisement

It’s not that bad when you get the hang of it, it’s just overlaying one clip on top of the other, trying to match the sound with what’s been shown on the drone footage can take a little time but anyone can do it with a bit of practice. With a 10 minute video the answer i suppose is what’s in it, and how many clips “ angles “ there are, added music ect, but it’s usually around an hour on average. Changes from video to video and how well the computer runs which usually is the biggest issue when it comes to editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭cjpm

You should stick a turbo on the auld computer whether she was built for it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Would imagine that a robotic milker is best maximised with a fully indoor herd system.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

Farm not far from us is milking with 2 robots and was running paddocks but had a lot of hardship with it. Cows not coming in and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭jaymla627

You'll lose your bord bia quality assurance going forward if fully housed, certain co-ops are making a big deal about it and making it crystal clear milk won't be collected, others aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭straight

Our local co op had an article in the newsletter spotlighting the local fully housed farmer. Almost looked like a promotion of the system

@IFarmWeFarm7615 - would you not think about trying Clipex posts or even these concrete ones - you seem to do a lot of post replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Jonnyc135

Love the content you put up, just wondering have you ever tried slurry additives and or ever tried making lactic acid bacteria yourself (very easy to do YouTube full of tutorials) and mixing it with molasses for a few days before putting it into the tank.

Keep up the good work.

I see @greendragon3 is back posting restoration videos to YT under the name Terry Baker.

• Advertisement

Yes I do a fair bit of that this last while in fairness, think there’s a lot of lads like me though 🙈. I tried to get some Clipex posts in two of our local stores lately but there always sold out as soon as they come in apparently. I’ve put my name on a few with the next delivery that comes in. I’m hoping these treated posts will last a bit longer anyhow 🤞.

Advertisement