Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just watched the game on telly there. O Brien needs to finish that ball from Clifford soccer style instead of trying to pick up.

But what a ball across it was from Clifford. Played perfectly for O Brien and maybe another player would have had the 1st time finish in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

Was a great ball across, think I remember him playing a similar one in the minor final a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭anglesorangles

What about the 3 kerry clowns that were kicked out of the hill at half time? All around me were Kerry and dublin fans , lot of handshakes at the end. You will have bad losers and bad winners in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Just watched the game back again, I could take my time with no emotions.

I seen earlier some people giving out about paul geaney david moran and Steven OB. geaney was indeed poor throughout. But the timing of the substitutions were unusual. I think he'll hold his place on ability but he needs to pull up his socks. Moran wasn't great either and maybe would have been better coming off the bench. On first viewing I thought Steven OB was poor enough but I was keeping and close eye on him and my god the work he did was frightening. Stopped McCarthy and cooper in their tracks coming down our left. And kept Woking across the D ending up in the right corner back position always applying pressure. And when he tackles he tackles hard. And that little bit of penetration he provides at half forward is vital.

Once he was off! Every time we brought the ball to the left side of the field we were easily turned and had to recycle. BOB was the only bit of incisiveness we had there. If you Watch the game back you can see the dublin break for the goal coming a few moves ahead. O'Brien was massively missed there.

After the goal the dublin tails were up and I feared the worst but in that period up to the 60th or minute the defensive display was absolutely outstanding. Nobody was left on there own without help arriving and they really strangled the dublin comeback there. At the end of that spell they held the ball for 3 minutes making 50 passes ending with a fisted point. The stadium was pure dead after that and it took a savage McCarthy point followed up by a quick kilkenny point to get them going again.but that was all they would get quick and handy. They were shut down again and again. Great defence display, more impressive then any of the first half attacking play. Brien OB was immense, what an improved player.

And Steven OB is a must start for the final, Gavin white battled hard, I hope he's okay, but looks to be lacking his once blistering pace.

So much hard work put in by everyone, bring on Galway.

• Advertisement

Ó Beaglaoich was also the out ball several times, including getting a yard away from his marker for the last kick out under pressure. He was immense and Jack referenced it in his interview after.

After dublin levelled it, they pushed up on the kick out and the Kerry movement was excellent in front of Ryan which allowed Brian a yard to take the kick. Great to see players trusting each other too cos if its turned over there, dublin win.

Absolutely, it's risk v reward I suppose. They could afford nothing to go wrong. Belief trust and execution. It had to be 100% with seconds remaining and they nailed it.

Post edited by TITANIUM. on

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

After your comments to sonny on the Meath thread I would say maybe you are the problem

Kerry GAA have announced no open day for fans ahead of the final due to covid concerns, which is the correct decision.

I wonder will they bother with a homecoming either, win or lose it's the least these boys deserve after their effort this year but I could completely understand if they didn't have one.

• Advertisement

The briefest of moments when Shane Ryan arrives all the way up to the spot of the free and Seanie let’s him know what’s going to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Surely be a homecoming win or lose. Trying to minimise any potential Covid cases before the final which makes sense

Yeah, I hope they do. But it was the way the cancelled open day was worded. Risk of passing onto vulnerable people is too high.

I get it's to protect the players more than anything but if that's the stance they're taking, which is fair enough, I wouldn't be certain of a homecoming evening either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd be totally shocked if there was no homecoming if we win. The vulnerable people line there is just to ward off criticism for not letting kids in to meet the players during the week.

Absolutely, there will definitely be a homecoming. Look at mullingar the weekend.

Sean Hurson is ref for the final. Don't know how to feel about that one tbh.

Ah Jesus, not happy about that. Not that'll he's a history of blowing against us! More so he blows against everyone, fierce picky ref altogether and the game might not flow as a result. He could make it a poor spectacle.

Guess it could work in our favour aswell, allowing the forwards to take on their men knowing any rough challenge will be blown and we have the free takers. That cuts both ways I suppose thinking about, Shane Walsh is handy enough at the frees himself.

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't think of anything major he has got wrong against kerry previously but he always seems very quick and strict on the whistle.

Same thoughts re taking a man on and the likes of Clifford, Geaney, Comer and Walsh getting handy, kickable frees.

Whatever he does so long as he's consistent we can have no complaints I suppose.

Now that I'm finally coming down to earth after Sunday, i was thinking it would have been lovely to cruise to victory over the Dubs, but by god the way we did win it! Was even better. Its far better to exercise old demons when they are still staring you in the face rather then demons of old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Sean Hurson is from the same club as Paddy Tally Kerry selector, can't do any harm.

Consequence of a very tough game against Dublin tips the injuries in Galways favour after their cakewalk against Derry. Hopefully the others are just niggles and we have everyone else available.

Well fcuk it anyway, I feared the worst the way he was carried off. Players not training in the few days after a tough game wouldn't bother me to much tbh. I'm sure they have video analysis coming out their ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Big opportunity for the Ladies this afternoon, great progress made by them in the last 12-18 months. Mayo not the force of old either, down a good few. Best of luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

And they won fairly comfortably in the end - didn't need to be as impressive in the second half as in the first, but the scoreline of 4-10 to 0-13 shows how dominant they were overall. Meath will be another step up in class if they get past Donegal in the other semi, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

6 days to go so not that reliable yet, but it looks like it's shaping up to be a wet and windy day for the final :(

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

Rumours are that Gavin White will be OK to play, didn't look like he would after being carried off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Have 2 premium tickets for the corner of Hogan/Davin and looking to swap for 2 decent lowers (Cusack/Hogan only) plus cash my way if that would suit anyone.

They are not for sale.

Advertisement