Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

The Ascent is nothing like deep rock. It's an isometric twin stick shooter in a cyberpunk setting, I had a lot of fun playing it and it's also co op I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I quite enjoyed the game and even ended up with the soundtrack. I find myself playing these types of games more and more thanks to gamepass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started Tunic the other night, going in blind, but Im really enjoying it so far. Its quite souls like in a way, just when I thought I was after going to an area that was too difficult, I found an item that made the enemies trivial and also opened up new paths for me. Looking forward to playing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Its not a hidden gem but Hades is probably the game i played the most in the last 12 months if you havent tried it. Unpacking is a handy few hours of a game too.

Have people here tried Dead Cells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dead cells is great, but you wont enjoy it as much if you've played hades already. Its also a lot more random in terms of what weapons you get for your run, so makes doing a 'build' more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

ah right, that was the best thing i found about hades, upgrading as you went to focus on a specific weapon and type of build you wanted through each run, can see why it won so many Game of the Year awards in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't really compare the 2, aside from roguelike features, they're very different imo. Hades is the standard for those types of game imo. I've tried a few similar games since, and nothing compares to Hades for the quality and the narrative keeps you going. Dead Cells is a different kettle of fish. It is more random, but I still managed to finish it with 2 boss cells, after that it was getting a bit much for me. It can be just as satisfying, but far more punishing.

Is there a reason why Minecraft doesn't play on the cloud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm currently playing The Pedestrian. It's actually really good. I only came across it as I wanted easy 1000 GS games on GP and you get 1000 by just playing it through to the end. Anyone here play it? It's a hidden gem.

I'm surprised FIFA 22 hasn't been added yet. Think in past years it got added in May usually.

• Advertisement

You're not missing much! As someone who hasn't played a soccer game in years, it's fairly disappointing. Next gen me hole!

Oh yeah definitely. I used to always buy FIFA day one but haven't bought the last few. Was hoping for a bigger leap to next gen but it's the same old ****.

Just thought it was strange though that it hasn't shown up in Gamepass yet. It was PS+ monthly free game for May so I wonder did PS do an exclusive deal or something to keep it off Gamepass for awhile.

Game Pass has EA Play so is it on EA Play yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. Can't remember how I came across it, it might have been recommmended here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Hello all :) I got the Series X a week ago and have been playing through some GP games since:

Guardians of the galaxy - enjoying this one, like mass effect but more scripted??

Visage - ...**** visage

Tell me why - wife is hooked on it, woke trans story a massive negative for me, wouldn't have wasted HD space on it otherwise.

Crusader Kings 3 - I just can't get my head around it, loved stellaris erc but I am completely lost when it comes to this game

Hitman - a classic and 3 is here and present with all the bells and whistles. Pure class

Show everyone you're a cünt speedrun any%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It went into EA Play at the end of April. Sony probably paid them to delay it on GamePass as it would look bad for them offering a game on Plus at the same time it goes into the competitors subscription service.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

Looking for recommendations for a new game to play, preferably from gamepass. Looking for single player game that I can easily dip in and out of 30 mins at a time that isn't overly taxing or hard to follow.

Have been playing Elden ring and while I love it it's not a game I can sit down at for a few minutes at a time especially with limited time which also rules out any Assassin's creed 50hr+ type of game.

Any suggestions welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The ori games are great. Halo if you want to mindlessly shoot aliens in the face for a bit?

• Advertisement

Have played all the halos alright and definitely good fun for some mindless shooting.

Great shout on Ori, had started will of the wisps and got stuck maybe 2 years ago, I really should go back to it

A Plague Tale Innocence is good. Kind of like The Last of Us set during the Black Death, with a bit more puzzles but nothing too taxing.

I've played this, thought it was fantastic, really looking forward to the sequel later this year I think

Really enjoyed A Plague tale, also. Great there's a sequel!

The gardens between, Human fall flat, I am fish, Inside, The Pedestrian, Superliminal, Trek to Yomi, Twelve Minutes and Unravel are just some random gamepass games I picked up after watching the trailer and ended up loving without any big time or commitment needed. I find myself playing the likes of Halo and Assassins creed, Red Dead etc. less since there's just too much time involved and hardly bothering with any type of shooter stuff. The unique quirky indie games I seem to get the most out of these days

I have the Long dark downloaded but haven't gotten into it yet. Just about finished Trek to Yomi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I second The Pedestrian. Such a good game and not too challenging. Short game that I played it bursts every now and then.

Hadn't heard of the pedestrian at all, will definitely give it a look.

I definitely find those shorter 'quirkier' types of games more appealing these days. Don't have the time for the big epics anymore apart from the odd AAA game a year like Halo or Starfield next year probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

Mindless shooting , try Sniper Elite 4 or 5 both on Gamepass and on cloud so you don't have to download.

Tunic. If you like Elden Ring it's got boss battles nearly the same, and the rest is nice exploring. Amazing manual integration too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Available Today

Shadowrun Trilogy (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox

The Shadowrun Trilogy comprises 3 cult tactical RPG games taking place in a dystopian cyberpunk future in which magic has re-awakened, bringing back to life creatures of high fantasy. Initially created as a tabletop RPG over 30 years ago, this one-of-a-kind setting that has gained a huge cult following during the past three decades.

Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC)

Total War: Three Kingdoms is the first in the multi award-winning strategy series to recreate epic conflict across ancient China. Combining a gripping turn-based campaign game of empire-building, statecraft and conquest with stunning real-time battles, Total War: Three Kingdoms redefines the series in an age of heroes and legends.

Coming Soon

FIFA 22 (Console and PC) EA Play – June 23

FIFA 22 is coming soon to The Play List with EA Play, so PC Game Pass and Ultimate members can experience fundamental gameplay advances and a new season of innovation across every mode. Plus, score monthly recurring rewards like Ultimate Team Stadium Sets, Seasonal XP Boosts, and more. Keep up to date with all the EA Play benefits here!

Naraka: Bladepoint (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 23

Naraka: Bladepoint is an up to 60-player mythical action combat experience with martial arts inspired melee combat, gravity defying mobility, vast arsenals of melee & ranged weapons, legendary customizable heroes with epic abilities – inspired by the legends of the Far East.

Far Cry 5 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 1

Welcome to Hope County, Montana, the land of the free and brave, but also the home to a fanatical doomsday cult known as Eden's Gate. Stand up to cult leader Joseph Seed and his siblings, the Heralds, to spark the fires of resistance and liberate the besieged community.

Leaving June 30

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, so make sure you tie up any loose ends before they go. Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% on games in the Game Pass library.

FIFA 20 (Console and PC) EA Play

Jurassic World Evolution (Console and Cloud)

Last Stop (Cloud, Console, and PC)

MotoGP 20 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you're looking for a non-taxing singleplayer game: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

It does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a top-down old Zelda-like. Not at all taxing on the brain, a few chuckles and finish it in an afternoon if you're so inclined and it rains achievements.

For me, this is perfect Game Pass game, as I would never have played it otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I played the first while on the EA Play trial - it was nothing special compared to previous years. More roleplaying and I almost need a third hand for some of the new 'off the ball run' moves.

It'll be in EA Play tomorrow (23 June), so will come to Game Pass the same day. A bit later this year than normal, maybe because of the PS+ deal or they planned on it being a normal World Cup year adnd the release would have tied in with a summer world cup.

Lawn Mower Simulator is essentially crack for Dads, got 16 hours out of me this week 😂 Started Yakuza LAD 2 nights ago and playing through it now, currently stuck on chapter 5 hooked on the business minigame.

I had to delete LMS for the sake of my spare time. I have a lot of it. It was taking up most of it. And for no good reason. Stupid addictive game.

Yeah something oddly therapeutic about it, lost its hold on me when it made me cut a horse jumping field that took nearly 45 mins real time 😂

• Advertisement

That's the exact one I stopped after!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Arthur Fent

Downloaded Trek To Yomi at the weekend. Just been playing through it. Fairly basic and linear slash 'em up adventure. Excellent b&w visuals, complete with "film" damage and scratches. Good fun and very atmospheric. Especially if you like old samurai movies.

Never particularly liked samurai movies but enjoyed the unique and inventive 2D angles and fly on the wall type gameplay. Great game. Classic game pass game!

I found a replacement... House Flipper. I wouldn't spend this much time doing actual chores, yet here I am, doing it digitally...

😂 It has its claws in me as well! Haha it's much better than LMS, tedious in some ways (especially tiling or painting) but it doesn't ask for hours of your time, perfect game to play with a Spotify playlist on.

• Advertisement

House Flipper has sucked me in too. Also noticed that there is a gardening dlc too

Looking forward to Power washer simulator coming to Xbox(not gamepass) this month

Why are these games taking up my time? It is definitely time wasted, but I can't stop. I noticed the Garden Flipper screens on the tv in my office alright.

Today:

Last Call BBS

Yakuza0/Kiwami/Kiwami2

7/7:

DJMAX Respect V

Matchpoint

Road 96

7/14:

Escape Academy

My Friend Peppa Pig -Overwhelm

PAW Patrol The Movie

PowerWash Simulator

Games Leaving July 15

• Atomicrops (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Carrion (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Children of Morta (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Cris Tales (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Lethal League Blaze (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Looking forward to PowerWash simulator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

**** yea, Peppa Pig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Will have to check out Last Call BBS, the last ever game from Zachtronics. 😥

Road 96 looks relatively interesting from that bunch

Anybody run into this issue? Quests are popping on the console but unable to submit the quest. Quests not showing on console or mobile app either. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I really wish I never played house flipper, the game is such a waste of time but found myself putting hours into it

House Flipper, Farm Simulator, Lawnmower Simulator, Powerwash Simulator, Car Mechanic Simulator... all games I've lost (or in the case of Powerwash simulator, yet to lose) hours to. Hold x simulators. So addictive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Advertisement
Advertisement