Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭lmao10

It was funny how random posters seemed to come out with the same devastating story of "I was going through X and saw some black people". You'd almost think the "patriots" are being told what to say/do. A little like the image below.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Indeed. Most of 'em are keyboard warriors, when a small % of them take to the streets they get beaten off them by Antifa (who I don't support either).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

There's some unsavoury terminology in there but refreshing to know the concern is mutual. Either way I recommend you stay off of twitter, its doing you no favours the discord can be strong there a tale of two camps you'll be driven to one. Probably that which is granted mass media approval but at least here we know we are all on the same page

Good article here setting the record straight. The right wing grifters and snowflakes being told where to go once again. No claims of sexual misconduct to the guards. Funny that isn't it?

• Advertisement

I get a good laugh out of it. Not to mention all the telegrams. I've seen boards mentioned a time or two.... A lot of dumb people trying to play 4D chess. Could end up on the wrong end of some "incitement to hatred" charges as the article above intimates the guards are looking into... hmmm

It's a little chaotic for my taste, but whatever enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

It isn't just 'some black people' though. Nobody has an issue with some people of different ethnicity living in their towns/villages/cities and I think you know that. The issue is that there's been massive changes to the demographics. For some reason my own town, that has always been multicultural, with most people just getting on with their lives without problems, has gotten a significantly large number of Pakistani people. They usually walk around in groups and don't mix. When people say hello to them they are ignored. That's an unwelcome change.

I'm sure you'll have some witty little comeback to that which makes you feel good about yourself. But when people see large numbers of Pakistani or any other foreign nationals move into their home town and be housed ahead of people who've been waiting a long time then tempers flare and people get annoyed, especially when the people getting special treatment show no signs of wanting to integrate. At first people thought that they were engineers and their families who'd moved here to work, turns out we were wrong.

Post edited by dorothylives on

Join the NP bro. They don't have any credibility either. Maybe you'd have more credibility if your entire post history wasn't all anti immigrant "stories". Well I'm sure some people believe them. I can only say "Cool story bro" and lump it in with the horrifying "I was going through X and saw some black lads! Ireland is gone guys!! They are killing us!!!!!"

I do actually agree with most of this. I don't think it's racist if a citizen states that they are uncomfortable with a large pace of social change in their town without being consulted. As I said before, it is similar around Sandyford/Leopardstown (south Dublin), though here most of the Pakistanis are actually IT engineers of various types (I think). But as I said before, why are we urging our young people to study STEM subjects when we are also importing foreign labour in large volumes to work in that sector? Doesn't make sense, unless (and here I will go into conspiracy theory a little bit) the powers that be actually want it this way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's a similar situation/issue in the health services here. Public funds go towards helping people qualify as doctors, nurses etc and after they qualify a remarkable percentage fly the coop to places like Australia for the wholly understandable reasons of better pay and working conditions, and in turn we import doctors and nurses from overseas to replace them. I would say it's simply basic and local Irish mismanagement over decades and cheaper workers. Always follow the money, and incompetence.

Though nobody, save for complete nutters are against migration to fill job vacancies. I would say what most are against is the importation of people who are more likely to be in under qualified, in need of tax payers social protection to add to our existing social issues that all societies have and add new ones. Ones that are seen in every single multicultural nation that has run this social and political experiment. The trends are always the same and they don't improve much over time and in some areas get worse over time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm glad the NP have very little support and some of their members seem crazy (from what I read).

However, I see twitter accounts from so called left people and pretty much 99% of their content is slamming these right wingers. A obsession with few hundred (probably more a few dozen)people in this country cant be healthy either.

Seems to be as much hate in these people as anyone. Has to be something else too it too but there ya go.

Slam far right is fine but its weird obsession with such a small minority is something more to those people. Surely these people have a love or a hobby outside it.

How is this fair, allowed full access to the employment market, allowed to claim HAP but want to stay in Direct Provision because its cheaper and easier than finding somewhere to rent? I thought Direct Provision was inhumane? https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2022/07/11/asylum-seekers-in-cork-fear-eviction-from-direct-provision-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What a surprise. All the claims on here that a 14 year old was sexually assaulted were untrue.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

Also, I don't believe that there aren't workers within the EU who don't have the skills needed here. If there aren't enough people in Europe training for the IT industry or any other industry, then maybe it's time to look at the reasons for that and try to address them. The accusations of racism don't really matter to most people any more. Most people have realised it's a card that's been played too many times by too many people to get what they want. When you're damned if you do and damned if you don't then you might as well do as you please.

Who’s to say what’s true or untrue, what we do know there’s a lot of people acting like they’ve just discovered their right from their left over on Twitter and are determined on making a point of it.

I’d say it’s less tit for tat over there, than it is twit for twat but amidst all of this some girl did actually make a complaint. Which brought to light the outsourcing of surplus refugees to this particular enterprise, which delves deeper again…

Again, I don't disagree with most of this. If we need to import labour I personally would prefer if we primarily do so from countries with a similar culture to our own.

Interesting point about the medical profession.

(Trivia note: apparently the first ever drug related arrest in Ireland, back in the mid 1960s, was of a Nigerian medicine student! Sadly he seemingly couldn't cope with the shame and committed suicide. I'm not making a racist point here, but it just shows that for many decades, even from well before the 'Celtic Tiger' era, we have been a place where foreign medical students come to study and in some cases stay on).

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/drugs-1960s-dublin-716243-Dec2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Poor old far left Malone as I stated before he really didn't like the article Gript did on him and has been out to get them ever since. I really don't see any problem with articles like this from McGuirk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Moore Street and O'Connell Street down around Dr. Quirkeys is a hell hole now during the day. Literal slum full of Roma Gypsies. I'm sure I'm missing how it's a positive thing. Maybe some people who never go there can explain!

Yah it’s brutal; heart rending if there’s one thing these platforms are useful it’s where a lot of things come to light. I believe there really are folks in their ivory towers who don’t see any of this stuff and it’s nicest pleasantry I can think of.

I have to do that, to see what good I can find in these people because if they were otherwise still advocating for it then my goodness…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What's the story with deporting EU citizens?

I heard it is possible, if they have no means to maintain themselves?

Are we under any obligation to provide social assistance to Roma?

The only obligation we should feel under is to protect ourselves and our natural environment.

I’m actually friends with a man called Bruce Parry; if you’ve heard of him and he finds distressing it the wonton destruction of our very fabric out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

>The Sunday World can confirm that NO allegations of sexual misconduct of any kind have been reported to gardai against any of the 75 asylum seekers placed in Harry’s Hotel.

Well there wouldn't have been allegations of sexual misconduct. That term is not defined in Irish law. There were allegations of sexual harassment — following children, taking their photos in the playground, shouting lewd remarks at women, urinating out the hotel windows etc. Was any of that reported and substantiated?

From the statement Cllr Dennis Leonard wrote on Friday. These two lines stood out. 

>"Many of the alleged incidents that were posted on certain social media platforms have not been reported to the Gardai who must investigate, substantiate and deal with each allegation."

>"The inappropriate behaviour of a small number of them has been investigated and those responsible have already had to leave Kinnegad."

In Cllr Leonard's original statement on the asylum seekers you might remember he expressed the "urgent need for extra garda cover" due to the large volume of incidents in the town involving asylum seekers. Were these incidents not reported and substantiated? Were locals lying to him about them?

But still he says some number of the asylum seekers were kicked out of Kinnegad for "inappropriate behaviour".

Was this inappropriate behaviour substantiated? What was nature of the inappropriate behaviour? Were charges filed? When the Sunday World wrote there were no allegations against any of the 75 asylum seekers placed in Harry’s Hotel, does that include the number who were moved on?

Where have the asylum seekers involved in this inappropriate behaviour been moved to? How many were moved exactly? Are they plaguing some other community now? It's not Cllr Leonard's problem any more so maybe he doesn't care, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

See our new kinnigad residents on the six one. Couldn't be properly interviewed but seems to be all young males.

Do they leave all there children and wives behind when fleeing.

Where have the asylum seekers involved in this inappropriate behaviour been moved to? How many were moved exactly? Are they plaguing some other community now? It's not Cllr Leonard's problem any more so maybe he doesn't care, I suppose.

Ahh well the RCC set the precedent by moving their abusive priests around, so I guess our politicians learned from the best.

Remember now, these Asylum seekers are victims, regardless of whether they make others into victims by their actions. Or something like that.

The journalist spoke to the councillor and to some of the 150 but didn't seek out kinnegad residents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Highly skilled immigrants are now leaving Ireland or refusing relocation because the housing situation has become unbearable. But thanks god for the never ending supply of asylum seekers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Unemployed Roma Gypsies and non Irish criminals could be lawfully deported tomorrow if the will was there from government to do it.

Advertisement